The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
do i really have to go online to update? i dont take my computer online and usually just move the files from my online computer. otherwise, i have to move my modem, install a firewall and other stuff..
Please tell me there is a way to update with out going online..thanks!
get the patch of a mate?..

I'm downloading now ...
Quote from rickylix :do i really have to go online to update? i dont take my computer online and usually just move the files from my online computer. otherwise, i have to move my modem, install a firewall and other stuff..
Please tell me there is a way to update with out going online..thanks!

read the thread maybe?
lol the position of enemies
Very nice update,

I'll hope that the next update will fix the stupid behavior of the AI-drivers (when offline racing)
Quote from HeerBommel :Very nice update,

I'll hope that the next update will fix the stupid behavior of the AI-drivers (when offline racing)

You are back...
The patch sounds great so i downloaded it and it installed flawlessly and i was pluging in my great racing keyboard and getting my headphones when it came up with i must unlock again so i thought that's ok i have 2 unlocks left so i entered my details and it said that i had used my unlock codes, which seemed strange so i check on the live for speed site and it said the same thing
You have used all available unlocks. You will get new unlock request available on the first day of the next month.

which would be today wouldn't it or will i have to wait a couple of hours due to it still being the 29th where lfs is located, if not can i get another unlock code somehow?
#58 - joen
i just emailed them
has anyone else experianced this
does it ask for you to re unlock it for everyone
Yeh.. I had to unlock and had 2 unlocks left...and just checking.....still got one unlock left...
Issue
Step 1: Upgrade to patch W

Step 2: Run game

Step 3: Press 'Race' button in single-player menu

Step 4: Restart PC, cause pressing 'race' button freezes game on that screen!

HELP!!!! Worked fine before W.
Quote from GeForz :read the thread maybe?

im done with lfs..thanks for the "help":mad:
Quote from rickylix :im done with lfs..thanks for the "help":mad:

If you read before posting, you'd see that two posts before your own, there is a link to the manual download.
Well done on the Sounds guys, much improvement , I like the tranny whine in the smaller tin tops.Much improved sounds overall has given me much more immersion factor.
Thank you for the patch.
Quote from Scawen : That patch (probably known as Patch X) will allow more racers online (probably 24)

Are there technical issues making it difficult to allow more? Going from 23 to 24 doesn't seem as exciting as some of us had been hoping for
Quote from Bob Smith :If you read before posting, you'd see that two posts before your own, there is a link to the manual download.

Thanks Bob..yes i read that and downloaded it before i posted..i backed up my last version and then installed the new patch and of course it asks me to unlock s2..so if anything ill dl the full version on my internet computer, unlock it, copy the files and hope that might work..
Quote from Blowtus :Are there technical issues making it difficult to allow more? Going from 23 to 24 doesn't seem as exciting as some of us had been hoping for

He also mentions something about spectators, but I think 24 is a good number, 2 admin slots and 22 racers.
Quote from Blowtus :Are there technical issues making it difficult to allow more? Going from 23 to 24 doesn't seem as exciting as some of us had been hoping for

now can only allow 20
BF1-Sound
A Bug:
The BF1-Sound works not correctly by high speed and high number of full rotations completed during one minute
Log Messages 1 is completly removed
The option "saving messages in a logfile" is disabled. Only Admins can use /log=messages.txt

I need this logfile because sometimes i watching the street and can reading some postings just later and answer later.
Sometimes are no Admin at the server, then nobody have a very important logfile.
Quote from keithano :now can only allow 20

No, 23. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true
http://www.ozbee-racing.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1586

24 may be a great number to have in a race - I asked the question because it would be extremely useful for some leagues, (that would be stuck with servers of 12/13 racers if 25 signed up) and I don't understand where the difficulty lies in increasing the arbitrary value, nobody has to use the max if they don't like it
24 racers, now it is 24 connections maximum (and 20 racers). So it will be increased to 24 racers and 30 connections I guess.
Quote from matze54564 :The option "saving a messages in a logfile" is disabled. Only Admins can use /log=messages.txt

I need this logfile because sometimes i watching the street and can reading some postings just later and answer later.
Sometimes are no Admin at the server, then nobody have a very important logfile.

Open the file "data\script\autoexec.lfs"

Add the line /log=messages.txt

Now it will log to that file every time you start LFS.
The autoexec.lfs file is a script (a series of /commands) which is run when LFS reaches the entry screen at startup.
Quote from Frankmd :24 racers, now it is 24 connections maximum (and 20 racers). So it will be increased to 24 racers and 30 connections I guess.

Honestly, you make me feel like a prick for repeating myself - check out my post and the link provided. /carsmax 23 allows for 23 *racers*.
Quote from Scawen :Open the file "data\script\autoexec.lfs"
Add the line /log=messages.txt

Is it also possible to save a logfile on a dedicated host?
Cant test this now because there are a lot of people on our server, so I cant restart

Quote from Blowtus :Honestly, you make me feel like a prick for repeating myself - check out my post and the link provided. /carsmax 23 allows for 23 *racers*.

Well, for a longrun race where you need spectator slots, whi means effectlively 5-10 more drivers... or even more, depending on how many pitstops can be expected at the same time, and how many admin slots are needed.
For me being one of the 24hours race admin, its really a great thing
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG