The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
Yeah it works. It cannot be set when launching the server but the command can be executed by an admin in-game.

Edit: this is obviously a "bug" and not officially supported, I don't even think LFSWorld nor LFS Stats keep track of more than 20 players.
Blowtus is right, I recently did a 21 car league race with 2 safety cars. LFS can run 23 cars now on some circuits - but SO Sprint 1&2, BW Carpark etc are all limited to 16 cars regardless (sadly, as i'd love to cram 21 STCC racers onto SO SP2 and film the result ).

Anyway Patch W is another giant leap with lots of old bug bears brought to a close and dealt with, LFS is really starting to feel that bit more polished now. Better sounds, the minimap, INSIM changes... I'm a happy little bunny.
hmm this is a question plz reply will there be trucks or bikes in the new pacth or s3?
The minimap: could it be possible in next patches to highlight yourself or in replays the player you are viewing in a different color on map. I am always struggling to see where i am. It will help anticipating on blue flags.
#81 - joen
Quote from Vietboi2 :will there be trucks or bikes in the new pacth

No.
Quote :or s3?

Only time will tell.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :The minimap: could it be possible in next patches to highlight yourself or in replays the player you are viewing in a different color on map. I am always struggling to see where i am. It will help anticipating on blue flags.

The viewed car is green, the others are yellow, orange and grey.
#83 - J.B.
Thanks for the patch, the new sounds and the HiRes mirror are great additions!

Quote from Scawen :The viewed car is green, the others are yellow, orange and grey.

Small suggestion. One thing I sometimes miss in longer races is the information if the cars close to me are actually on the same lap as me or not. It would be nice if the map could be used to tell me at a glance if I'm actually fighting for position or lapping/being lapped. Maybe a new colour for cars that have lapped me and larger arrows for the two cars that I'm currently competing with i.e. the cars that are directly in front and behind me in terms of race position?
Hmm, when I have downloaded the patch and succesfully installed it. Everything should be fine, then when I click on the lfs icon to play it comes up an error saying: <Could not open file: data/skins/BF1_default.jpg>

Sooooo, what should I do? I have looked for it on the folders but cant find it. Anyone here who possibly could send it too me? MSN: sondre_skj0lsvik@hotmail.com
#85 - joen
Quote from SondreSkj :Hmm, when I have downloaded the patch and succesfully installed it. Everything should be fine, then when I click on the lfs icon to play it comes up an error saying: <Could not open file: data/skins/BF1_default.jpg>

Sooooo, what should I do? I have looked for it on the folders but cant find it. Anyone here who possibly could send it too me? MSN: sondre_skj0lsvik@hotmail.com

Just rename another skin to BF1_default.jpg and the message should be gone
Dev's well done, another great patch
Yup, Thanks to the Dev's and DaveWS...everything seems fine and dandy here
Am i the only person who didn't need to unlock again?
#88 - joen
Quote from The Moose :
Am i the only person who didn't need to unlock again?

Nope, I didn't have too either.
Quote from SondreSkj :Hmm, when I have downloaded the patch and succesfully installed it. Everything should be fine, then when I click on the lfs icon to play it comes up an error saying: <Could not open file: data/skins/BF1_default.jpg>

It sounds like you are using a very old version. Patch W is only if you already had V installed.

It's probably best to download a new full version.
Quote from Scawen :The viewed car is green, the others are yellow, orange and grey.

well am colourblind and the orange and the green are too close. Maybe customizable coloursettings?
A weird thing I got is that I had the improved needles when I had the test patches, but now I'm back to the same old ones?
(I'm talking about the needle with the gap inside just to be clear)

Edit: Forget what I said...I redownloaded the full version and it still the same needles...something must have gone seriously wrong in my directory during the test patches...and I was seeing different needles.
Excellent work Scawen. Really nice job. Thankyou so much. We really appreciate all the hard work you do; and your vision for this game.

Three cheers.... and a mug

Venus
Maybe the program autoupdate notice should be in main menu or some optiones menu, instead of multiplayer? I'm hotlapping these days (practicing with the g25 before i go online) so i couldn't find it until i came here and read where it is.
What will come after patch Z ?
Patch 'Now'
Another step to the perfection
Thanks a lot Scawen and Dave , and good work for the next update.
Quote from himself :What will come after patch Z ?

That's already been mentioned in this thread, and the likely course of action would be to use 'AA', 'AB', 'AC' and so forth with updates after Patch Z - the same way Microsoft Excel labels columns after Z.

Excellent work by the developers and DaveWS, the new sounds for the GTR cars in particular are superb - I always thought they weren't quite as loud and raw as they might have been, and now I'm very happy! In fact, I wouldn't change any of the engine sounds back to the previous ones (except perhaps the BMW Sauber F1 '06's - I hardly drive it, but I reckon the higher-pitched sound in Patch V was more realistic for it). That's not to say they weren't great to start with, but now they're even better

Changing the arrows on the 2D track map is also helpful - now it's much quicker to see which way they are pointing
I'll second J.B.'s suggestion for the next change to the arrows, though - it would be nice for cars more than one lap ahead of us to be distinguished, now that we can tell apart those more than one lap behind, just so that we know if we are contesting the car in front or not.

Thanks for this nice little update, and I look forward to the next

DE
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :well am colourblind and the orange and the green are too close. Maybe customizable coloursettings?

Maybe I can choose colours that are more distinguishable for colourblind people... it's quite a common thing.

I'd be interested to know a set of colours you find easy to see the difference between, then I could take your colours and ask some other colourblind people which ones they find easy, then choose ones that I like and change the small map triangles to match them, so they are ok for everyone.
Thanks a bunch for another great update! Loving it, as usual.
wtf.. now i have a demo game.. :irked:
Is this means that after every patch i need activate the game again.. If so soon my available unlocks will ends..
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG