The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
Yap, reboot solved this one.
Just that never had this before so I tought to post it out.
Great update, great sounds, I love it! cheers, for the great work devs!

But, since the sound improvements were implemented, I can't seem to hear the 'Hotlap invalid' sound anymore.... you know, that pling! sound
Maybe it's just me or the choice of the car. ( I drive FXR a lot)

My question: Is there a place maybe somewhere within LFS to increase that pling! volume?

and while I'm still here: you can use 'shift-s' from the track to get into the garage. Why couldn't it be working from here also? Would be so nice... (maybe I'm not alone on that one)
Attached images
lfstemp1.jpg
if you cant hear that pling sound,try lowering the volume of the engine and turn the volume of your speakers up instead.This way you will be able to hear everything just fine
Quote from geeman1 :Around that time yes.
It's ok for road cars though. The turbos aren't very loud on normal cars. Don't know about race cars though, they use louder turbos in those in real life, but don't know how audible they are in the cockpit, they may be obscured by other sounds.

Yup, and it's hard to judge from onboard videos because the other sounds just might be covered by the distorted sound quality of the video. E.g. http://youtube.com/watch?v=g71j8WKzYVA

Quote from Linsen :You could always turn up the turbo volume all the way and reduce the turbo muffling (or whatever it's called), couldn't you? Or is it still not loud enough then?

I have tried that, not as loud as it should (!?) be... but I can't try this with my desktop computer, so it may be quite pointless to test now with crappy and cheap 10 cm PC speakers So that's probably half of the reason why I'm not hearing everything...
Quote from S0ul :if you cant hear that pling sound,try lowering the volume of the engine and turn the volume of your speakers up instead.This way you will be able to hear everything just fine

agreed, that would work, but it's fixing the wrong end... Not my system has changed, LFS did! ...and that was just the point of my post.

cheers mate!
Quote from rediske :agreed, that would work, but it's fixing the wrong end... Not my system has changed, LFS did! ...and that was just the point of my post.

cheers mate!

Well,okay,thats true. I dont think this i a grave thing though that need fixing.Still i get your point^^
Quote from rediske :But, since the sound improvements were implemented, I can't seem to hear the 'Hotlap invalid' sound anymore.... you know, that pling! sound
Maybe it's just me or the choice of the car. ( I drive FXR a lot)

My question: Is there a place maybe somewhere within LFS to increase that pling! volume?

Yes - in audio options, there is a slider for interface sounds.
Quote from Scawen :Yes - in audio options, there is a slider for interface sounds.

I didint know that i check it out.
The new sounds are awesome, but i still don't think the 4 cylinder cars sound like they rev hard enough (ie 8-9000rpm on the game sounds more like a real 4 banger at about 4-5000rpm)

i dunno if anyone else feels this is the case, but after driving my car (rev limter is at 7600rpm) the real thing sounds a LOT higher Frequency than the game.

Is there anyway to increase the rate at which the motor sound is increased in frequency?
Quote from senn :The new sounds are awesome, but i still don't think the 4 cylinder cars sound like they rev hard enough (ie 8-9000rpm on the game sounds more like a real 4 banger at about 4-5000rpm)

I've thought the same often, even on my 6 cyl falcon 3000 RPM sounds about the same frequency as 1500RPM in the xrg or 2000RPM in the LX6 in LFS I know that Scawen has it timed perfectly, so it must be in real life you hear harmonics, reverb or something similar that gives you a much different impression to LFS
I like the new sounds! Great improvement! I think this is the first time I've really cranked up the sounds since the original F08. So far I've only tried three of the cars, but am looking forward to trying the rest too!

Great job!
I didn't notice a better Framerate while playing. However i can now Fast forward replays at 16x or even 32x speed smoothly. Before Patch W i could only use 8x properly.
smokemod still didn't update for patch w
Quote from dcm_wc :smokemod still didn't update for patch w

eh, so what?
smokemod isnt supported by the devs.
also, patch W is only a few days old, maybe u wait a lil longer?
I run at a standard 50 to 60 frames... Im now at over 80... dunno what they did but it worked off the bat for me.
is anybody else experiencing long load times when going from the singleplayer menu to the main menu ?
I get that from the training menu... Probably single player too.

Anyway, I won't say great patch, as I'm not playing this for long enough to notice any changes
Quote from Gil07 :Anyway, I won't say great patch, as I'm not playing this for long enough to notice any changes

Any...? How about sound? (I'm sorry if you are deaf)
I just got the game, almost didn't play before the patch
Ok... actually that's good because you haven't "experienced" the horrible sounds that were in LFS before patch W (or V)
Good

But to be honest the BMW Sauber sounds terrible... The other are good though.
Quote from Scawen :Yes - in audio options, there is a slider for interface sounds.

thanks, that helped!
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
where downloads dedi-server version W?
This is probably a noob question, but ever since I installed the patch, AI difficulty seems to have gone way down. I primarily play single player races, with AI on PRO, it seems too easy. Any way to turn up aggressiveness and difficulty?

Thanks
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG