The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
No. The AI knowledge is stored in the data\knw folder iirc, but if you overwrite the knowledge files with new and empty/dumb ones they'll have to start learning all over again. Please read carefully before you type.
Lol @ Moose
Quote from Benja1972 :Cannot see mirrors in Shift-U and back outside view mode no matter which mode is switch on "all","virtual", "real" or "mirror off". Didn't notice it before.

They do show an image in Shift-U mode, it's just static from when you press Shift-U. I was in car view with mirrors set as real. I then pressed Shift-U on the back stretch of FE Black. The Image is stored on the Mirrors and does not change. I do not think this is only in patch W.

See this picture taken from Shift-U in the pits, the mirrors still show the back straight at FE Black, from when I initially press Shift-U.

If you want to see dynamic mirrors in a strange view such as external to the car, use Custom Cams and move you camera around there.
Attached images
lfs_00000096.JPG
Quote from wheel4hummer :I realized how loud the gear whine is in my mom's Honda Accord. It is louder then the engine unless you floor it and then the VTAKKK!!!!!! kicks in.

j/k about the VTAK!!!!

haha yes the gear whine is loud in my mom's accord to but I do not believe any of the accords have VTAK most of them are SOHC usually just for the record
Quote from hrtburnout :No. The AI knowledge is stored in the data\knw folder iirc, but if you overwrite the knowledge files with new and empty/dumb ones they'll have to start learning all over again. Please read carefully before you type.

It seems that you need to learn to read, or to understand. Choose which applies.

I wrote that they're going in a single line, without overtaking, and making mistakes. He said that maybe I've overwritten their file. So logically, that means they need to learn to make mistakes again
anybody else notice a weird 'lag' while driving whenever someone else joins from spectating?

Its very noticable, and something i never noticed before W.
Quote from srdsprinter :anybody else notice a weird 'lag' while driving whenever someone else joins from spectating?

Its very noticable, and something i never noticed before W.

welcome to the club
Quote from Sidewayzmaster :haha yes the gear whine is loud in my mom's accord to but I do not believe any of the accords have VTAK most of them are SOHC usually just for the record

Well, it has the "VTAKKK!!!!!111oneonoe!!!11eleven!" symbol on it.
Quote from governor :welcome to the club

I`m in club also. Lag and lower FPS is my problem after patch W and after W9 it got even worse even when driving with not too many cars on track. Would like to see whats my FPS with all 27 cars on track...I think its negative
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well, it has the "VTAKKK!!!!!111oneonoe!!!11eleven!" symbol on it.

I could have sworn it was actually VTECH

when is this patch due to be official ?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :when is this patch due to be official ?

It is already official. We are already testing for the next patch.
i think he meant W9
Quote from Jakg :i think he meant W9

Oh really? Are you sure? I had no idea, seriously!
Quote from geeman1 :Oh really? Are you sure? I had no idea, seriously!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22757

The test patch section has been hidden for the time being, so you couldn't have known if you have not been around yesterday.

check it out, pretty cool stuff in it, but be warned it's an incompatible patch.
I got a problem, I got some problems updating the patch, but finally It worked but with many screens saying "couldnt upload sound" "couldnt upload skins" and every that, but it is version 0,5w and then when I want to play multiplayer it says" Cant receive guestinformation"

How to fix this? :S
Quote from phille87 :I got a problem, I got some problems updating the patch, but finally It worked but with many screens saying "couldnt upload sound" "couldnt upload skins" and every that, but it is version 0,5w and then when I want to play multiplayer it says" Cant receive guestinformation"

How to fix this? :S

It sounds like you upgraded to W over a very old version. What version were you running prior to installing the patch?
Yesterday I had a black-screen bug again with SHIFT+F4...
well...obviously delets it all...reinstall FULLL! LFS
Quote from Adamove :1.Does it support 5.1 sound systems?

No. The sound engine in LFS supports only stereo system. If your speaker configuration differs from this, it's up to your other equipment to prosess the sound further.
Quote :2.I put audio slider all way up (20) the music in menu sound ok but car sounds in game are weak, on headphones it is ok but on 5.1 is weak, How to put it UP!

I got Audigy 2 ZS

There are so many variables that can be cause of that. To mention few, your speakers might not suite very well with the LFS sounds, or there are some driver issues with the sound card, or something like that. At least couple of computer speaker sets that I've seen, totally breaks the sound in LFS.
I have version 0.5U. When I try to upgrade to V it takes me to the full download page. If I install the full download over the old version, will it delete all my settings and skin folders?

Thanks,
robert
Quote from Cam Man :I have version 0.5U. When I try to upgrade to V it takes me to the full download page. If I install the full download over the old version, will it delete all my settings and skin folders?

Thanks,
robert

No, it should keep all your Skins and set-up as you have added these files. Re-installing over the top only replaces the original LFS files. None of your personalised skins or car setups are erased. Any EXTRA files you have added remain intact. You wont even loose any personised setting such as Player names, controller configs. Some of the custom views are lost as there is added features in the new V version which arent compatible with U. And the sound engine is differnent so custom horns/BOV's wont work in version V.

If you are really concerned.. you can make a (zipped) backup of your curent LFS folder and keep it aside for a little while incase you do loose something you didnt think of. For example you will loose any car/track .dds texture mods you have added.

You should really go up to the latest official patch W. There are some great improvements there over Patch V. Eg: better engine sounds.
IF you have already installed version V you can quickly upgrade it to version W here. Note: You need V version installed to use that updater. Otherwise just download the Full patch W version.
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG