The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
great new patch. trying it now...
If the Devs run out of letters then I think they should go AA, AB, AC etc.
And I would love to see 30+ racers online.
where is the 'list of games'?
I had to unlock the game afer I patched it!Is it normal?

The new sounds are just great! Well i don't see much improvement with the road cars but the others are fantastics!
#29 - DC2
Quote from anbiddulph :where is the 'list of games'?

Click on multiplayer,and there will be shown all servers+at the top a message that new patch is available
Great job as usual Devs

the wait for the gtr interiors and track updates is quite painful.
Genious! Thanks a million Dev's =) Love this game more and more each day!... aww!!!
Quote from GruntOfAction :Scawen I have a problem when I installed patch W:

While playing in Patch V in crouded areas my FPS went to like 30 FPS but now its like 14 FPS and lower.

Most likely your lod values are changed in the 'graphics' screen - the patch defaults to a user lod of 0.8.
My pc locked up on the list of servers no crash address tho dev.
Quote from DC2 :Click on multiplayer,and there will be shown all servers+at the top a message that new patch is available

thanks a millionX10^22
THANKS A LOT !! =) I LOVE IT !! lol
Quote from MyBoss :Then we will have to invent a new alphabet

maybe usa one or something.
#38 - Sage
For some reason, my FPS seem to be significantly lower, anyone else have this?
Quote from Sage :For some reason, my FPS seem to be significantly lower, anyone else have this?

User LOD defaults to 0.8 (higher than old versions)
#40 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :maybe usa one or something.

yes, because the USA use a different character set to the UK...
-
(Blas89) DELETED by Blas89
Argh...

PATCH W CHANGES DEFAULT LOD TO 0.8 WHICH IS PROBABLY HIGHER VALUE THAN YOUR PREVIOUS SETTING
Quote from Scawen :You don't need a download link, because you can get Version V using the autoupdater built into LFS.

Why would we want version V though?

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Thanks Devs, the new sounds are really good
Thank you Devs and Dave, will test it tonight!
Quote from deggis :Argh...

PATCH W CHANGES DEFAULT LOD TO 0.8 WHICH IS PROBABLY HIGHER VALUE THAN YOUR PREVIOUS SETTING

Im sorry I can't understand that did you say Patch W changes default LOD to 0.8 which is probably higher than my previous values?

Nahhh who would say that?
scawen would
Quote from Sage :For some reason, my FPS seem to be significantly lower, anyone else have this?

i had the same, and lowered the graphics quality and helped some (trade off?) while trying to avoid my computer/graph. card etc lock ups... need time to check if i meet lockups again... maybe limiting frame rate helps some as well, actually i dont know what it is for technically, compared to pushing hard to do what could be done at best.

and thanx for the update!
Good made, but some points
The Auto-Update is very nice. Never i have the idea thats in the "list of Games" without reading this thread.

Some Points:

- My deb.log is empty now, Messages will no longer be saved there. What can i do if i want save all chat messages with the new version?

- I need more FOV in Mirrors. The blind spot is to big. Maybe some blind spot mirrors?? Mirrors should be can changed like in a real car.
- I need a standing still map overview. The lfs-map-overview is alsways turning and i dont find myself in training-servers. Green and yellow is not good, i want that myself looks blue in the map overview to find myself faster there. I wish some setup-possibility for the map overview. for me is it easyer to work with a standing still map like the counter strike source radar. If the map not turning u can faster know ur position in the map and the position of enemies, and u can know ur correctly drive-direction faster. Normally in maps the north is on top. If the map turning u can fast forget where is the north. If u dont know where is the north, u also dont really know where u are.

Replays:
- After saving a replay i need the option to start recording again special for training servers.
- need cutting the replays
- need jumping faster to the end of the replay, 32x is not fast enough and my 3000+ is to slow for 32x. Maybe is jump over possible?
Quote from Scawen :That probably means you have deleted the program lfs_restart.exe which should be in your S2 folder.

Anyway, here is a direct link to the patch, for people who can't use the autoupdater for some reason. Save the patch to your LFS folder and double click it to extract.

If autoupdater doesn't work for you : www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_V_TO_W.exe

Hello i used this link to update and now the game begins with a lot of messages with "cant open sound" i only have engine sound. (wich sounds verry good)
and in the menu's i don't see the pics of the circuits.
It says again "cant open jpg"

please help, what did i do wrong??????
Quote from hberghuijs :Hello i used this link to update and now the game begins with a lot of messages with "cant open sound" i only have engine sound. (wich sounds verry good)
and in the menu's i don't see the pics of the circuits.
It says again "cant open jpg"

please help, what did i do wrong??????

- Maybe u have not the patch V installed??
- Maybe u installed the patch in a wrong folder??
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG