The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :Maybe I can choose colours that are more distinguishable for colourblind people... it's quite a common thing.

I'd be interested to know a set of colours you find easy to see the difference between, then I could take your colours and ask some other colourblind people which ones they find easy, then choose ones that I like and change the small map triangles to match them, so they are ok for everyone.

A question for you Scawen:
Is the color-coding of the minimap too hardcoded to make it possible to use custom coloring like other GUI parts?

And a comment on the colors used:
In some views the triangles of cars more than 1 lap behind becomes hard to make out when the graphic behind it is dark, such as trees.
Quote from DanneDA :A question for you Scawen:
Is the color-coding of the minimap too hardcoded to make it possible to use custom coloring like other GUI parts?

And a comment on the colors used:
In some views the triangles of cars more than 1 lap behind becomes hard to make out when the graphic behind it is dark, such as trees.

true about the trees and gray they don't mix well.
Quote from janni_mz :wtf.. now i have a demo game.. :irked:
Is this means that after every patch i need activate the game again.. If so soon my available unlocks will ends..

Calm down... You get new unlocks every friday.
Thanks for the update, the quality of this 'alpha' easily betters 99% of the '1.0' releases in the software world.

I hope Scawen is carefull with the physics update, and considers a different way of 'bumps' than simply getting rid of the SPLINE system..

Good luck with the further developments!
Quote from Scawen :Maybe I can choose colours that are more distinguishable for colourblind people... it's quite a common thing.

I'd be interested to know a set of colours you find easy to see the difference between, then I could take your colours and ask some other colourblind people which ones they find easy, then choose ones that I like and change the small map triangles to match them, so they are ok for everyone.

Difference between before and behind i can see just fine. But i guess everybody is different even though colourblind . Maybe Red is an option. Bright red stands out and think can not be confused with any other colour.

Love to hear from others what they think about colour.
Patch W
i keep getting a virus from every mirror and liveforspeed.net when i try to update.. what do i do? aaaaaarrrggghhhh!
Disable your virus scanner while installing the update.
good decision on the sounds.
Quote from AlexanderRhodes :i keep getting a virus from every mirror and liveforspeed.net when i try to update.. what do i do? aaaaaarrrggghhhh!

Yes, what Flo said, just disable it. I guess your anti virus software is worried because LFS downloaded a program from the internet and is trying to run it. But apparently it's not giving you the option to bypass that. So I'd say maybe you should complain to the provider of your antivirus software that it is stopping you using the autoupdate system of a safe computer program. Really it would be good if the antivirus software popped up and asked you if you wanted it to continue.
Quote from Scawen : I guess your anti virus software is worried because LFS downloaded a program from the internet and is trying to run it.

No, I would guess you are using netGuard or PCGuard. Several people mentioned this yesterday. The database in this scanner recognises the patch as having the signature of a worm called W32/Downloader2.TZ.

I'm assuming its a fault in the database of this particular brand of scanner, since no other scanner seems to pick this up.
Small map - cplors - turning

My color-suggestion:
-My car: Blue and maybe another arrow. My car can be bigger than other cars. Finding fast the self-position is important
-other cars: yellow (in training)
-cars behind me: orange
-cars in front of me: also yellow
-enemies: Dark red
-team members: bright blue, but much brighter than my car.

And the small map should stop turning and be able toggled the north position on top.
Hi.
I'm also a little colorblind and have problems with differentiate bright green and yellow colors. For me the best option would be choosing yellow and red, or yellow and blue (but do NOT use in together green, red or brown - these are those colors which most colorblind people can't differentiate).
It would also be good if chosen colors were vivid.
Dont mind the map turning. Just always in same position as i am driving. I can assess the eminent blue flags and look at turns i can expect (on new and less familiar tracks).
Quote from Julek :Hi.
I'm also a little colorblind and have problems with differentiate bright green and yellow colors. For me the best option would be choosing yellow and red, or yellow and blue (but do NOT use in together green, red or brown - these are those colors which most colorblind people can't differentiate).
It would also be good if chosen colors were vivid.

+1 as a red/green/brown colourblind person. infact i tend to group colours into two categories.. blue and not blue
Reading this thread I believe the best solution would be customizable minimap colours.
The blue is nice and camoflauged with the brown when you have a quick peek at it on a straight to see how far behind they are, and I am not colourblind.

I suggest - and these should be defaults, and customisable

Yourself - green
Cars on the same lap as you - red
Cars more than one lap behind you - blue
Cars more than one lap ahead of you - yellow.
Heavily damaged cars should flash as well.
Quote from Scawen :
Cars one lap behind are now shown in grey on small map

love this one.
I can't wait for the new GTR interiors. The grey arrows was a great addition, i was getting tired of trying to figure out who's on what lap.
Quote from Rappa Z :I can't wait for the new GTR interiors. The grey arrows was a great addition, i was getting tired of trying to figure out who's on what lap.

I hope it's not just GTR cars that will be updated since i barely drive them,
but i bet the Conedodgers people will wet their pants though..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I hope it's not just GTR cars that will be updated since i barely drive them,
but i bet the Conedodgers people will wet their pants though..

Off topic, but omgs check out ur post almost 666. Lol
-
(rc10racer) DELETED by rc10racer
New Patch, new sound - so far, so good. An the 4 cylinder engines really sound a lot better than they used to BUT how is it possible that you kept on ruining the flat 6 sound since S1. Before we had S2 and the FZ50 I used to drive a porsche flat 6 (thanks to LFS Tweak) - and the sound really was quite nice. But with S2 the flat 6 sound kept getting worse and worse - especially the FZR has an unbearable sound.
I really love LFS but I'm starting to be annoyed by those sound improvement "attempts" - it is definitely possible to get the right sound... Even though I'm quite busy right now I really would like to help you improve the engine sound - just give me the tools...

Jan :-)

PS: Another two issues: the engines are reving to high and you should finally gove a sensible rev limit...
you can edit the engine sounds.
If it does not tax performance why not use a pattern to distinguish the car markers, example solid for you, vertical striped for enemies, solid borders for defeated enemies, offset dots for vanquished enemies, and so forth.
Quote :But with S2 the flat 6 sound kept getting worse and worse - especially the FZR has an unbearable sound.

Hmmm... I'm sort of new to LFS, but could you have replaced the S2 sounds with the S1 sounds?
Uh didn't know i could already edit the sound - i'll work on it now...

Jan :-)
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG