The online racing simulator
I like the patch sounds the more the I play the game. Not prefect, but moving forward.

I just feel bad for Scawen having to endure the days of posts once the official patch is released:
" I hate the sounds, give me back....." Hopefully he'll be away on break, and by the time he gets back noone will even notice the change.

I watched a replay after driving Classic Rev with the Fox. Both on track and during the replay, the feeling of speed is accentuated, imho. Granted the basic sound has a muffled quality, but it has other qualities which make it pretty cool.

Bottom line, the game is evolving. Not every single mutation is going to be usable, or used in the end.
That's what makes it exciting, watching it grow and mutate in front of your eyes.

I'm very much looking forward to the next incompatable patch. And I'm very pleased with the game and it's path of development in the meantime.
nice man!! thanx for the helping!! it's the first time i try a test patch ok! so a little patient would be nice
I want my BOV back, and more tire screaming, its not fun to suddely slide out, becuse you cant hear the damn tires scream.. lol.
Quote from SteffenM2 :I want my BOV back, and more tire screaming, its not fun to suddely slide out, becuse you cant hear the damn tires scream.. lol.

Evolution sucks, doesn't it ? :roll:
I had a go now in the BF1, FOX and the XFG and I like the new Sounds more then in past versions. Sound is richer now.
This is one interesting bug, my car is in garage but the shadow is on the roof .
Attached images
bug.jpg
good work with the patches Scawen!
one thing tho: i noticed that there is now a "curb" sound when you drive over them with loaded wheels (lx4 at least), but they are way too quiet...

see this vid, at 1.30 i go over vallelunga type curbs (couldn't find a better pic, can make one tomorrow, but seems to me that almost every curb in LFS is of this type (maybe not that 'sharp')) with the loaded wheels and the sound is very loud (sorry for the crappy quality, but is was taken with a camera in a mobile phone and that the A/C was on full because the car was standing in the sun the whole afternoon on a hot summer day, but for the example how loud the curb sound shoud be I think it's enough, louder than the skid sound from the tyres...)
THX Devs & Happy Xmas to all :)
nice, very nice, I love the new sounds. A great step forward imo.
May I take this opportunity to thank Scawen & the Devs for constantly
improving this sim. You know I must have done about 10000 lap of blackwood
over the years & EVERY lap has been different. This is testament to the super underlying physics & LOVE that have gone into the sim. Thanks againg for an amazing patch & the autoupdater is a joy. I felt like i was piloting a mini F22 in the F0X with the new sounds - great stuff!

Peace to Scawen & the Devs & all LFSrs! Have a Great XMAS - cyas on track!

No.
I think I noticed a little bug that has been there at least since U33 (maybe even earlier):

When watching an spr with regular external view set to "my" car I don't hear anything until all the AIs fire up their engines. I think one should hear it if there's only one car revving it's engine.

Nice patch btw

(If this is nothing new I appologize, but I never noticed it before)
Quote from neilmichaelcasey : You know I must have done about 10000 lap of blackwood
over the years & EVERY lap has been different. This is testament to the super underlying physics & LOVE that have gone into the sim.

You've summed up my feelings about the game better than I ever have.
Quote from Viesturs :This is one interesting bug, my car is in garage but the shadow is on the roof .

Please.... only TESTPATCH related stuff in here...
one minor thing about u32+ thats bugged me to no end:
the chat input and question if i really want to quit have moved up from the center of the screen

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :My point is that in LFS, the impeller stops gaining RPM and yet somehow manages to provide the same amount of boost for 3000 more engine RPM. How is this correct?

turbine stalling maybe ? theres a few possible explainations
0.5u34
The BF1 now feels even more intense and faster. I've been having immense fun in South City playing with 11 AI drivers who have slower cars than I have. I start from the back, then I just pass them all at full speed, stop when it's done and then pass them all again. Great, great fun... addicting too. The new sounds make my little hobby even more engaging.
my opinion:
Hi Scawen,

thx for the patches. Not only for (fast) improving the sounds (I like them quite well now). No. You really managed that now I don't hear so many cracklings like I did in U30. Now I only hear SOME when I change the camera view (i.e. cockpit --> TV --> ...) for a short moment. But these aren't disturbing me annymore.
Maybe it's worth looking at whats going on when the camera changes, like you did with the "nasty sound clicks when cars got nearer and further away" thing.
Many, many thanks for this .

The auto-update funktion works very well here. I like it
But one note: the "download" button in update-window at lower right has no function. If I click that button at first, LFS says I have to choose a mirror. So I click on one of them and the download starts immediately. Then LFS restarts.
So the button has no real function, right?

A other thing is, what DanneDA said:
Quote from DanneDA :A few things:

1. Option or check of position, if view is outsite the car, for the amount of muffling of all sounds in custom view (appears to be in-car sounds in custom view for tin-tops).

If that is not possible (yet) maybe you should let sound the alternative view like the chase view. I use only external views for the alternative view but I don't know what the other guys out here (i.e. the "between tires view-racers") think of that.

And in addition, I like the "no forces" thing for the alternative view.
But the "Look funktion --> steer" -option is sadly NOT affected.
I drive in cockpit view with "steer", but for alternative view I have a roof camera (only for replays, not driving) at some cars.
So the roof camera doesn't shake but it looks to corner apex .
As long as the mp-replays end when I press "esc" I have to choose before starting a replay which function I want to use.
Please could you handle the "steer"/"axis" thing like the Forces?

Many thanks for your great work!!! :headbang: Waiting for "V". Bye.
I just wanted to say, thanks for changing the sounds of the cars, they sound much better now :thumb3d:. I just wanted to make a request that if the sounds of the FZ cars and FO8 would be changed because I feel that the pitch of the FO8 is too low. The FZ cars are good but like the FO8, I think they need to have higher pitch. I think if it would be possible to derive the BF1 sound to the FO8, I know they're not the same car but they are quite close (V8 engine) because it doesn't really make sense to have the 2 cars that basically, have the same engine type yet they sound very different. Its just my opinion and take your time, just a little request from a little leprekaun .
Thanks Scawen for the updates. One thing I noticed after autoupdating to U33 is that I get stutters for a few seconds when starting off on the track. Dont recall this ever happening in any other version so it was quite apparent when it occured. Anythings different being loaded as soon as the car hits the track that didn't load before? Not sure what it could be. It goes away after a few seconds or so and doesn't return so I really cant complain, <too much>.
Quote from Leprekaun :I just wanted to make a request that if the sounds of the FZ cars and FO8 would be changed because I feel that the pitch of the FO8 is too low. The FZ cars are good but like the FO8, I think they need to have higher pitch. I think if it would be possible to derive the BF1 sound to the FO8, I know they're not the same car but they are quite close (V8 engine) because it doesn't really make sense to have the 2 cars that basically, have the same engine type yet they sound very different.

There are lot of differences in FO8 and BF1 engine. Just because the amount of cylinders are the same, doesn't mean that they produce same kind of sound.
Quote from askoff :There are lot of differences in FO8 and BF1 engine. Just because the amount of cylinders are the same, doesn't mean that they produce same kind of sound.

Maybe not, but the BF1 is still a long way off. FOX is getting better, get rid of the wine there and it would be perfect (well at least back to U30 perfection).
WOW, a great sound when cars are near each other! I here, vrvrvrvvrvrvrvrvrvr like a go cart exaust sound, it is so great, so immersive!!
Only drove LX4 since U32 to U34 so i am only commenting on LX4..
The sound of the engine is so much better now, you here the valves kicking(or am i imagining this)...
One thing that really bothers me, is that now, i don't hear LFS when it is minimized, as i understood, it's because of the direct sound.
I really need this, because i want to hear when someone drops a message, or something.. Can this be implemented again?
I also had some stutters like when someone leaves the garage, that small stutter, but more noticable now, it lasts longer, and it is random, it almost caused me to crash, racing tonight, as my screen froze for second, maybe longer...
Maybe i am crazy, but i haven't noticed earlier, in the Shift+U mode, that rotation thing, maybe it was there before, but i just noticed it, and it is a GREAT THING, i can make sick screenshots now..
Anyway, great work Scawen, great couple of patches, and a great sound improvements.. For this short period of time, you managed to do crazy stuff with the sounds, can't imagine what would be in the future!! amazing..
About 10,000 RPM engines sounding too low... may I direct your attention to this archival snippet from Spoon Sports. If you are not into the technobabble, skip the first third of the video. They take a 1.6L 4 cylinder in a Honda Civic to 10,000 RPM!

Educational use...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8T9KFgjWc&eurl=
No track bug?
My first ever post here... some of us are just scared of the reaction to a post... that's why I'm a "read only" member...

Anyway... I looked hard to see if this has ever been brought up... as hard as I can/know... so please, take my apologies in advance if my searching skills are crap...

Updated to U34 a few hours ago and this thing, that appears to be a bug, happened to me... In spectate mode, this car (and only this) had no track underneath it... obviously it was a local thing as the guy was racing normally... other cars views were normal thou...

I doubt this can be reproduced hence the little value in raising this (perhaps)... Last thing: I use the same hardware for quite some time and rarely install any software on it...

Cheers,
Mauro
Attached images
No_track1.jpg
No_track2.jpg
No_track3.jpg
Quote from Shotglass :
turbine stalling maybe ? theres a few possible explainations

Turbine stalling or not; the impeller will be pumping a particular amount of air at said turbine RPM. So if the demands of the engine increase, the boost pressure must decrease; right? I've never heard a turbocharged car where the whine increases in direct proportion to engine RPM (like a supercharger) (VE issues aside). Never never. The turbocharger wants & desires to operate at it's efficiency peak by it's nature, so when it's providing boost it should not have large variations in it's operating RPM.... right? Anyone?

What are the other explanations? Sorry for pursuing the point; but I would like to determine if the sound is wrong or not, and be edified by futher knowledge of forced induction in the process so I can live up to my name

Quote from MauroDiaz :My first ever post here... some of us are just scared of the reaction to a post... that's why I'm a "read only" member...

No worries, everyone here is nice except Tristan (J/K) Don't be shy
Jeff, way to add your post to his quote :P

Anyways, Scawen the sounds are becoming an improvement, and its nice that you are putting time into them, and they sound like they can develop into greater things
Quote from MauroDiaz :Updated to U34 a few hours ago and this thing, that appears to be a bug, happened to me... In spectate mode, this car (and only this) had no track underneath it... obviously it was a local thing as the guy was racing normally... other cars views were normal thou...

I've had that happen before with previous versions of LFS. Very rarely, but I have seen it. Although for me it usually goes away eventually, but it sometimes takes a long time. I think it must be related to a laggy connection?
This thread is closed

OLD test patch thread, up to U35
(851 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG