The online racing simulator
I can't seem to get /exec to work correctly in U28. I didn't have a chance to try it in U27.

I put exec C:\Program Files\LiveForSpeed\LFSmomoLeds.exe, with and without quotes into my autoexec.lfs file. Now when I open LFS I get "Line 3 invalid parameter". This tells me that the exec command is not recognized. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What am I doing wrong.
Quote from bdshan :I can't seem to get /exec to work correctly in U28. I didn't have a chance to try it in U27.

I put exec C:\Program Files\LiveForSpeed\LFSmomoLeds.exe, with and without quotes into my autoexec.lfs file. Now when I open LFS I get "Line 3 invalid parameter". This tells me that the exec command is not recognized. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What am I doing wrong.

Try putting the file name in quotes "C:\Program Files\LiveForSpeed\LFSmomoLeds.exe" if that doesn't work, use the short path/file names c:\PROGRA~1\LIVEFO~1\LFSMOM~1.EXE
Hi scawen,

i just switched from U20 to U28. I noticed a lot of crackling while driving fast. It has nothing to do with high revs (i tried it while standing still). But with the XFR on the blackwood straight i had not only a little bit of crackling. I think it got even more while driving next to another car (it was an AI driver).

I tried soundlag from 0.05s to 0.2 s but i did not noticed any differences concerning crackling.

But what the hell, apart from the crackling the sound was such a difference to U20, especially with sound lag set to 0.05s - WOW.

Greets,
Warper
Quote from Warper :Hi scawen,

i just switched from U20 to U28. I noticed a lot of crackling while driving fast. It has nothing to do with high revs (i tried it while standing still). But with the XFR on the blackwood straight i had not only a little bit of crackling. I think it got even more while driving next to another car (it was an AI driver).

I tried soundlag from 0.05s to 0.2 s but i did not noticed any differences concerning crackling.

But what the hell, apart from the crackling the sound was such a difference to U20, especially with sound lag set to 0.05s - WOW.

Greets,
Warper

Have you got the latest Direct X drivers? And what operating system are you running, with what hardware?

Here we go again.
just a side note, audigy cards have since birth been plagued with crackling issues, never to be solved via driver, motivating group protests etc.
i dont own one and followed the controversy at a distance but someone owning one prolly can give a summary of that whole situation.
that new sound-thingy somehow sucks.

as soon as you switch windows with alt+tab you don´t hear any sounds of lfs anymore
lfs gets stuck / crashes (click sound gets looped, have to close it by the task manager) when changing "use compressed skins" in single- and multiplayer.
(but it works in the mainmenu)
Quote from axus :Have you got the latest Direct X drivers? And what operating system are you running, with what hardware?

Here we go again.

Here we go

PS: And i'm really sorry for having that crackling scawen

Edit: Chaos, right, it could be the wind noise...
Attached images
bild1.jpg
bild2.jpg
I got the same crackling or chirping problem as Warper... imo it comes from the wind sound... revs have nothing to do with it... got the same directX, but different "sound card"
tried moving the "hw acceleration slider" with no effect...
Attached images
sound.gif
Quote from Potentiometer :Hello,
When I was trying to upload my result to lfsworld in hotlap mode, server didn't accept it. I used demo U25 version. I feel really upset after all this time I have wasted...

Is there any solution to the problem?

Potentiometer has just PMed me that the hotlap was invalid.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :just a side note, audigy cards have since birth been plagued with crackling issues, never to be solved via driver, motivating group protests etc.
i dont own one and followed the controversy at a distance but someone owning one prolly can give a summary of that whole situation.

I've got an Audigy 2 ZS and have had several other Creative sound cards and have never experienced the sort of trouble posted in these forums. Yes there was some crackling associated with Uwhichever but only with that particular patch. That's not only sound problems either, I've not suffered the various other tales of woe; black screens, crashes etc. I sometimes wonder if the PC housekeeping isn't all it should be with some folks
Are you guys plaing in windowed mode by any chance? I was just messing with my graphic settings, and when I put it in window mode I heard crackling too (with my onboard sound), but when I went fullscreen the crackling was gone.
no music in mp-replays
Hi,

I noticed that there is no music playing in mp-replays with the options: in setup screens: on; while racing: off ; during replays: on;
But in single player-replays the music works.

When I turn the "while racing" - option to "on" I can hear the music.

Now I use U28, but I noticed this in other versions too.
I use the "Crative Sound Blaster Audigy LS".

Maybe some of the other guys could test it too.

Besides, great work Scawen
Quote from marcione :hi...

today i update the n!faculty.racing server from U20 to U27.

if i now quit the server and restart the server lfs-world relay system don´t try to reconnect to the server.

i have to use the update/dead button in lfs-world relay system to get the server back online.

When you close a host the normal way, the relay will think it is a clean exit. You closed the host yourself - it was not unintended. The relay then assumes you're not coming back and as such will not try to reconnect. The reconnection thing is there only when a host unexpectedly loses a connection.
That is why it doesn't reconnect when you stop and start your host.

Please report such things in the correct place next time (bugs -> websites) - this has nothing to do with a test patch.

EDIT - btw, it's prolly because of the new alt-f4 clean exit that this behaviour reared up. Previously alt-f4'ing a host would look like a network interruption to the relay, but now it looks like a clean exit, so basically how things should have been all along.
I can't seem to hear the BOV sound in U28 - in any car. Anyone else have this?
Sky options missing
Hi,

where is the option gone to switch sky on/off with? It used to be in options/misc.

Ciao
Veit
Quote from Veiti :Hi,

where is the option gone to switch sky on/off with? It used to be in options/misc.

I removed it. The option was confusing "Screen clear type" with "ellipsoid" and "clr+sky" and "plain" as options, so I simply removed it. I don't think drawing the sky affected frame rate much on any card that can actually runs LFS reasonably. Meaning : if the sky is a problem for your graphics card, you probably have worse problems just drawing a small part of the landscape or even a wheel.
Hi Scawen,

thx for your reply.

I agree, it isn't a matter of framerates. But it can change the "look and feel" on some tracks. Maybe you could add a simpler option, such as "sky on|off" to let us choose between the former ellipsoid option and disabled sky?

Ciao
Veit
Quote from Scawen :Meaning : if the sky is a problem for your graphics card, you probably have worse problems just drawing a small part of the landscape or even a wheel.

when i ran LFS at school (3 GHz P4's, 512 Mb RAM, Onboard graphics!) disabling the FPS gave me 5 fps more, which was enough to keep me above 30 fps alone!
-
(nesrulz) DELETED by nesrulz
Quote from Krane :use the short path/file names c:\PROGRA~1\LIVEFO~1\LFSMOM~1.EXE

That worked thanks!
I got a problem with U28 (and U27), does not happen with U25:

I
1) start a new MP host, LAN or Internet (happens with both) and proceed to the spectate mode selection screen
2) type /insim 29999
3) shift-f4 to windowed mode
4) run insim app which sends only ISI and then closes without doing anything else
5) right-click on the LFS icon in the taskbar and click close
6) LFS hangs, if I right-click and close again it crashes
7) the subsequent crash report has no offsets or addresses, just says it's a 'hungapp'.

Great job with this new patch Scawen I ran through everything I could not get any of the bugs reported. I noticed that the MPR replays are a lot smoother when Fast Forwarding them.
I am running LFS on:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ dual core processor.
nvidia 7900GTX
Windows XP with SP2.
-
Great (AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt
Great patch...some of the best work yet.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG