The online racing simulator
Didn't the original GTR have brake fade?
The original rFactor and GTR2 had brake temperature and fade (failure), but it would rarely happen because of the parameters used on the .ini of each car

Messing with .ini you could make very fragile brakes
is it just me or is this sh't getting too consolized? Feels like Gran turismo soon
Are you talking about recent updates in physics, or do you believe that because they are porting to consoles they must sabotage their own work somehow?
Honestly I don't think the console port has done anything negative to AC, at least so far. The only issue I've found with the 1.5 update is the wonky exterior sounds, other than that I've almost fallen in love with the sim all over.
Quote from Keling :Are you talking about recent updates in physics, or do you believe that because they are porting to consoles they must sabotage their own work somehow?

ye for me with every update it seems like its just getting crap. i loved it in the beginning,now when i tried stingray and mustang on black cat or w/e track its unreal. if i can do that in real life i will kiss my own arse.
Quote from e2mustang :ye for me with every update it seems like its just getting crap. i loved it in the beginning,now when i tried stingray and mustang on black cat or w/e track its unreal. if i can do that in real life i will kiss my own arse.

agree. Feels like a pro within few minutes Big grin
Also, my 458 seems to have open diff now : 3rd gear burn the inside wheel like a 73 amg. Of course with TC on, it is better, but then the car is clearly not anymore pleasant to drive !
When you take the C7, it looks like it has more traction Omg omg omg
BTW : Black cat track is a nice addition. Would have loved some narrower part with lots of turns ... but it is very entertaining to reach crazy speed with crazy supercars Thumbs up
You guys are used with the simracing and that's why you find every shit not challenging at all, don't forget that modern cars are flooded with technology and high end tires, they should feel easy to drive and bring pleasure with the minimum danger to the driver.

Go try some historic car in AC like the shelby cobra, they are way more harder to drive because of the rustic design and tires, there is nothing wrong with the simulation atm.
Yeah i don't think there is any 'simplifying' going on, just wouldn't make sense.

I love the C7, the Ring also got some additional graphiti and better trees and stuff, also the baloon seems to be on different position every time you drive Smile

One of my all time favorite mod tracks got an update, thx to the Tiago
Thanks for the tip, kars19. Longford is a brilliant mod, indeed.
Yes, Boris, the baloon has AI Wink
Not AI, rather some sort of moving script known as "dynamic scenery" back in my Flight Sim 2002 days Big grin So far Kunos has not releases info on how this is done, and to which extend this could be used. Imagine a track like the C1 Wangan full of collision enabled traffic cars... one can only dream.

btw, does this look familiar to anyone? Wink
Quote from ACCAkut :

btw, does this look familiar to anyone? Wink

Not sure, I remember the physics looking more realistic? Smile
Quote from sinbad :Not sure, I remember the physics looking more realistic? Smile

Do you look at physics or feel it ?
Is there a way of lowering the volume of rival cars? I can't hear my own car while racing, their volume is way too high
It looks like there's more grip on gravel than tarmac Big grin That video I mean.
Yay, Blackwood rallycross, got the new version, but havn't tried that layout yet. Good ol'days!
Quote from CardsetCrazy :It looks like there's more grip on gravel than tarmac Big grin That video I mean.

Because Tiago f**ked up grip levels, gravel acts like tarmacFrown
Quote from lfsrm :Do you look at physics or feel it ?

I don't want to be drawn in to an argument, but you "observe" sim physics, you certainly don't just feel them. How awful would it "feel" to drive with great physics but zero visible physics?
Quote from sinbad :I don't want to be drawn in to an argument, but you "observe" sim physics, you certainly don't just feel them. How awful would it "feel" to drive with great physics but zero visible physics?

And AC is the best in that precise area, you can't find better simulation who make such great suspensions/body movement.

I tried this mod yesterday and I can confirm that the dirt part has too much grip, he should reduce it to let the car slid on corners realistically.
I think lfs is still better in that area lfsrm.

Could you show me some cool examples on youtube ? Smile
Some random GIF that I found on the web :

http://abload.de/img/77780gufr.gif
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1b2eh1N0538/VYaeBJUrenI/AAAAAAAADAg/Ie8_4VgwJyoBRQIfnbBtSru1MdFkcH2AQCCo/s640-Ic42/2015-06-21.GIF
http://imgur.com/A2KXngO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDa-tiQ6iE

and it's mostly from an outdated versions, so they must be improved now.

You will understand better when you get a chance to test the game, I will upload a video one day when I have the courage because my upload speed is unreal.
yeah I have many sims, but from memory I really liked LFS tyres/suspension the best. I must install it again to test Smile

I own these:
- Assetto Corsa
- RaceRoom Experience
- Automobilista
- LFS
- Dirt Rally
- Project Cars

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG