The online racing simulator
Quote from Hyperactive :
Quote from robt :Problem being that doesn't work unless pre-booked. And its been there since 1.1.1 that's 3 patches ago! Shouldn't ignore major bugs just to add features.

The kerbs issue has been there at least for a year. Kunos...

what is the kerb issue ?
I always find mad the ice feeling when you put a wheel on the green parts over kerbs ... but as I have never driven on a part like this in real ... I do not conclude

A part from this, I have a question for the experts : I find strange the difference in performance between cars of the GT3 'class' : yesterday I had a quick look to the mclaren and the mercs, and I find them more performant in corner than the nissan ... looks like tons of grip on the back. So they have 100hp less (are they really in the same class ? ), but they feel like having bigger rear tires, more grip on the front (iirc you can tune very slightly the front downforce, while on the nissan it is not the case ... it may be the answer). For example, I have used vallelunga club, and in the slowest corner, without TC, the nissan was very very difficult to avoid the spin, while the mclaren and the mercs : pedal to the metal without sweat (and again : yes there is 100hp less, but at 50-60km/h we are not at 8000rpm with full power) ...
So : is it realistic ? (nissan = beast, mercs and mclaren = baby beast, easier to drive in the end).

I had a quick look to the 458 gt2 ... but without ABS, unfortunately ... I will need more practice to finish a lap.
When you drive over a kerb the car kinda catches the direction of the kerb and you get a violent change of direction. Silverstone and mugello suffer from it more while others suffer less. Apparently cars can be adjusted to almost get rid of it by reducing damping and spring rate of the tire. The mazda 78787b does this really well and in that car you can use the kerbs fine but try to drive the z4 gt3 (I think) using the same line and you get those snap spins when the kerb snaps your car sideways.
ok, I was considering those parts as a no-car-land in AC ... glad to know it is not just me Big grin
Still with yellow tint?
I'm not aware of any such issue. Thinking of the Broadspeed Jag and Hyperactive/dauntless?
Yep, those links are for the Jag?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yep, those links are for the Jag?

Nope, that's his modified V8SC. You mixed the finns up.
Quote from Flotch :
A part from this, I have a question for the experts : I find strange the difference in performance between cars of the GT3 'class' : yesterday I had a quick look to the mclaren and the mercs, and I find them more performant in corner than the nissan ... looks like tons of grip on the back. So they have 100hp less (are they really in the same class ? ), but they feel like having bigger rear tires, more grip on the front (iirc you can tune very slightly the front downforce, while on the nissan it is not the case ... it may be the answer). For example, I have used vallelunga club, and in the slowest corner, without TC, the nissan was very very difficult to avoid the spin, while the mclaren and the mercs : pedal to the metal without sweat (and again : yes there is 100hp less, but at 50-60km/h we are not at 8000rpm with full power) ...
So : is it realistic ? (nissan = beast, mercs and mclaren = baby beast, easier to drive in the end).

I had a quick look to the 458 gt2 ... but without ABS, unfortunately ... I will need more practice to finish a lap.

That's pretty much how the GT3 balancing works in real life. The manufacturers come up with a car within a certain envelope and the FIA adjusts engine and ballast following tests. The Nissan is quite heavy and has relatively poor aero efficiency so I guess they are allowed more power.

The turbo lag doesn't help with the slow corner exits but it'll be strong in other areas...I can tell you it'll be on top of the GT3 class in AC at Spa. I'm matching reference times of the Z4, SLS, MP4 after driving it only for half an hour.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes i did Big grin Sorry finns.

There's no problem,they're all blonde,all look-a-like. Easy to mix up. Tilt
Maybe we could do some online racing if I release a super early version of the lx8 I'm making? Interested?
<-
I still need to get un-lazy and build my personal RWD UF1000 that I wanted to build for the lulz.
uploading new version...

still working out some small online issues with the car...
Any chance you accidentally typoed the default front spring rate? Way low rate, not enough travel, damping ratios are 1.8 and 2.2 :o

Edit: A setup which made things easier.

E2: Cannot connect to server.
Attached files
abcd.zip - 483 B - 218 views
Did you download the latest file? The one earlier was incorrect (had uppercase letters, doesnt work online)

dampers are.... there
was on the server for a minute, then lost connection
Sry couldn't get on today, will make sure to try and give it a go on the weekend
Quote from ACCAkut :was on the server for a minute, then lost connection

we restarted the server do change track.

We'll probably do some more racing on the weekend, maybe on the fair factory or troy's server Smile

I'll see if the car needs some work, probably the dampers. I won't promise anything though.

Quote from troy :Sry couldn't get on today, will make sure to try and give it a go on the weekend

If you check out the car make sure you drive on the semis. The slicks are there for reasons I don't remember...
I had a bunch of weird rattles in my ffb, even before I flatspotted my tires...
Are the physics any good? I wish the guys who did V8 factor mod for Rfactor would work on a AC V8 version. I thought the V8 factor in Rfactor nailed the physics, grip/power/oversteer/sound/etc, they were so fun to drive.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG