The online racing simulator
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Were you expecting an early access release to be retail ready?

You ask me?

I don't understand the philosophy of game/sim developers.. Project C.A.R.S, Corsa, Rfactor2.. They concentrate A LOT on content, looks and all other uninteresting shizzle and they totally forget this is 2013 where basically every fool is on the Internet. LFS started ten years ago with online racing and was an instant hit, the whole API/Insim and user interface is still unmatched.. I just don't get it, "they" have much bigger development teams and AC even already has experience with NetKar and multiplayer racing... How hard can it be, I wonder.
Quote from cargame.nl :You ask me?

I don't understand the philosophy of game/sim developers.. Project C.A.R.S, Corsa, Rfactor2.. They concentrate A LOT on content, looks and all other uninteresting shizzle and they totally forget this is 2013 where basically every fool is on the Internet. LFS started ten years ago with online racing and was an instant hit, the whole API/Insim and user interface is still unmatched.. I just don't get it, "they" have much bigger development teams and AC even already has experience with NetKar and multiplayer racing... How hard can it be, I wonder.

Well I am just shouting out in the dark in hope someone knows anything, not pointing fingers or demanding answers or anything

I agree with you that more is less. What I want is a game that runs fine (physics wise), have O.K looking UI / graphics, and with a nice and somewhat big community. (ofc. I want stuff in the actually game, but give me a handfull of very different tracks and I'm sold.)

But then again, we might be the minority of the marked. The big masses want "OMFG PORCHE!!!" "ERMAGERWD FERRARIIII!" And shit like that.
Can't blame them, that's what they want, and we can think they are stupid as **** but I can promiss you this - they think we are stupid as **** too so it's a nice circle
I'm more than willing to take a punt on early access AC just for the selection and quality of cars and tracks that will be available. My one concern is that multiplayer is not ready. It's like multiplayer is still just an extra game-mode halfway down the list, below Time Trial and above Options. This should have been priority number 2 imho after physics.

You would have thought they would have learned from NKpro that it's not enough to simply have a multiplayer mode, it has to be so good nowadays that any little flaw or glitch is enough to put people right off.

So on one hand I'm glad they taking the time to do it right, but on the other hand the cynic in me says that they want to get my money before it becomes clear that they cannot do it right.
Quote from The Very End :

BUT ANYHOOOW!
Looking forward to this game. Played the tech demo a little, and I was pleasant surprised!

daaaaamn, good one.
asfjkasdegasdgjksdhgjsdghsadjfalskdgjasp

I HOPE THIS EXCITMENT COUNTS FOR SOMETHING KUNOS.

DON'T YOU **** ME!
****ing damn right I'll be taking a punt on this Early Access carry on, it can't be any more Beta than iRacing and I've spent a fortune on that.
the non-availibilty of preorder options is not Kunos fault, as they posted in September:

Quote from https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/726358147390506 :Sadly, in our Country the laws related to e-commerce are very complicated and inadequate for the digital distribution. At the last minute, just a couple of days before to launch the pre-order, we have been informed about some additional documentation and rules that don't allow us to start the pre-order phase already set. This has nothing to do with Steam nor with the development of the game, it's just burocracy.

the development itself still goes as planned
Quote from sinbad :You would have thought they would have learned from NKpro that it's not enough to simply have a multiplayer mode, it has to be so good nowadays that any little flaw or glitch is enough to put people right off.

So on one hand I'm glad they taking the time to do it right, but on the other hand the cynic in me says that they want to get my money before it becomes clear that they cannot do it right.

I know a couple of people who will feel the same way. I'm sure there will be many more too.

Great to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. I really want to get when it's out. But this lack of MP, or any idea what MP will be like is a big problem. I am really surprised they have nothing done in this area for initial release. It really seems this sim is still a year (at least) away from a full retail release, given the missing feature list.
I'm perfectly fine with how they are going about it now after the Italy pre-order situation. But as sinbad said, I hope they focus more on the multiplayer aspect as that is where 95% of my time would be.
yup, I agree Phil. I'd like to know more about the multiplayer aspect and how well AC works with lag compared to the problems of netkar. Also how will the software work for servers, setting them up and managing them.
To be fair, even if the MP isn't good, I'll still get alot of enjoyment from driving SP.
Some more new info on the content of the first build:
http://www.drivingitalia.net/f ... howtopic=63965&page=1

Quote :
Updated list of cars:
1. BMW M3 E92
2. KTM X-Bow R
3. Lotus Exige Scura
4. Lotus Elise SC
5. BMW Z4 35is
6. Abarth 500 esseesse
7. Ferrari 458 Italia
8. BMW M3 GT2
9. BMW M3 E30
10. Tatuus FA010
11. ???

Glad to see a single seater in there.
That Tatuus FA010 chassis looks just like Formula 2.
Not really. Google image search them both and they are quite different. Sidepods, Roll hoop area, wing shapes, monocoque profile...

The Tatuus FA010 was the basis of Formula Abarth, which was an Italian only (?) mixture of Formula 3 and Formula Renault - comparible to neither, but probably still good to drive if you're stuck in Italy and can't do a more mainstream championship.
Im sure i read somewhere that mp is in the final just not in the beta, and will be added at a point in the future
McLaren should be included as well into the first build.
Complete list of cars for first release as posted by Aris on Facebook:

1. BMW M3 E92

2. KTM X-Bow R

3. Lotus Exige Scura

4. Lotus Elise SC

5. BMW Z4 35is

6. Abarth 500 esseesse

7. Ferrari 458 Italia

8. BMW M3 GT2

9. BMW M3 E30

10. Tatuus FA010

11. Lotus Type 49
It's a good mix. Is there a complete track list anywhere?
I don't think any tracks have been officially confirmed as of yet. I guess we could guess some from the pictures of the cars but I'm not sure if that is really what is going to end up in the early access.

In other news

Quote from Si3v :I spoke with him. Not Today... soon[tm]

A bit more time for me to buy a new GPU then...
When the car list was initially posted (without the Lotus 49) it started with "Everything I post is in the first build". So all of the tracks featured with the shots of the cars should be included in the early access/beta. I don't know if anyone's checked, but there's Monza, Imola, Silverstone and Magione there, I believe. Could be others; some of the shots are a bit difficult for me to tell.
Quote from amp88 :When the car list was initially posted (without the Lotus 49) it started with "Everything I post is in the first build". So all of the tracks featured with the shots of the cars should be included in the early access/beta. I don't know if anyone's checked, but there's Monza, Imola, Silverstone and Magione there, I believe. Could be others; some of the shots are a bit difficult for me to tell.

All of the ones except for the Fiat 500 Abarth I know. And will confirm they are the ones you already mentioned. Though that Fiat 500 image.. really difficult to tell what it is, and in theory it should be easy with a kerb shaped in the way that it is in the picture..

I think it could be Varano by how it looks alone but I don't even think Varano is confirmed for AC.

Edit : I think the 500 Abarth image could be from Magione actually.

First two pics are Imola next two are Silverstone, BMW z4 is Imola again and the 500 is Magione [I think], F458 is at Imola again obviously but the BMW I'm not too sure since you see a track inthe background of the shot it definately can't be Imola. 9 and 10 are at Magione too I think and 11 is obviously a historic Monza
Yep, I'm pretty sure the 500 pic is from Magione, the tight left hander before the hairpin right onto the back straight (T3, possibly). Added an attachment from the TP.
Attached images
magione-kerb.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG