The online racing simulator
what track is that?
Quote from Hyperactive :And the first version is officially out:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/broadspeed-jaguar-xj12c-1977.12979/page-9#post-330934
Thanks "henri" for that pm on the ac forums. It is almost emabarassing the inertias were so wrong in the closed beta version!

So no one commented besides me, a LFS member made one of the (if not the) best car mods for AC and no comments, wow Smile

Anyone tried the Seat Leon cup? It's awfull with my DFGT, just like i thought it would be, rfactorish and it completely destroys my wheel with the rattling..
People here are just so totally consumed by the waiting of the two new turns of westhill that there just is no more time and energy for some rfactor fanboi's icy spin generator Smile.
Hey, those 2 turns of a fictional track will still be more realistic than iRacing.
[quote="Boris Lozac;1878168"][quote="Hyperactive;1878078"]

So no one commented besides me, a LFS member made one of the (if not the) best car mods for AC and no comments, wow Smile [/quote]

maybe not all of us have tested it yet Wink

... IRacing... good friend of mine started a pretty well running business with custom steering wheels (as in only wheels, not the FFB hardware etc), his customers being mostly IRacing racers.

Now every other product on the market (LFS, AC, PCars etc) is totally arcade and unprofessional, and IRacing is the nonplusultra, and you have to try it, and its only 80€ for a good package of content, and I can get you a place in a team, and so on...
Quote from ACCAkut :maybe not all of us have tested it yet Wink

Yeah, I feel you. I still have not given a proper look into that 4wd beast. Other say I'm lazy but I prefer to think I'm busy!
AC is an arcade game, I can drift every corner and catch my slides easily. Obviously my car should spin out if I'm really throwing it wildly into corners and trying to drift? Clearly not simulator quality. iRacing has more realism in its lower case i than Ac's newest release. I was really impressed with early releases but I'm mot digging the new one. Maybe it hasn't grown on me. It feels good but not difficult at all on many cars.

But, I believe it must be a setting I lost. Anyone have any ideas? Also my FPs are way to low and CPU usage is insanely high.
Quote from Bmxtwins :AC is an arcade game, I can drift every corner and catch my slides easily. Obviously my car should spin out if I'm really throwing it wildly into corners and trying to drift? Clearly not simulator quality. iRacing has more realism in its lower case i than Ac's newest release. I was really impressed with early releases but I'm mot digging the new one. Maybe it hasn't grown on me. It feels good but not difficult at all on many cars.

But, I believe it must be a setting I lost. Anyone have any ideas? Also my FPs are way to low and CPU usage is insanely high.

If you are so gifted drifter why don't you come race me at RaceDepartment and prove you can catch my slides so easily boy. Wink

Ok, we all know an answer to that. But srsly don't be dumb for thinking if something is more difficult to be more realistic. It's not AC's fault for actually having FFB unlike iR to help you catch the drift. It's also not AC's fault for having flexi tires, sort of like LFS and obv why less tank slappers occur. In iR tank slapper is like 2nd nature, as if this was paranormal happening in real life to every racer in every practice if he oversteps it one bit, and ofc since no FFB exists in iR, you stamp on the brake to save it. Give me a break. You have iR thread to discuss how great it is. This is not one of those threads.

As I said again, some cars grip like crazy, other don't, try different tires. If you've never tried Huayra with road tire, try that, you might be spinning out without TC. Or try driving a gt3 car for like an hour without TC on something tight like Nurburgring, you'll probably spin out eventually, after all that's what you like the most.
Niki, it's not worth trying to formulate a coherent response to blatant trolling. Ray seems to be on a warpath lately of trolling everything that isn't iRacing.

He'll get what's coming to him. The trolls always do.
Quote from N I K I :
Quote from Bmxtwins :AC is an arcade game, I can drift every corner and catch my slides easily. Obviously my car should spin out if I'm really throwing it wildly into corners and trying to drift? Clearly not simulator quality. iRacing has more realism in its lower case i than Ac's newest release. I was really impressed with early releases but I'm mot digging the new one. Maybe it hasn't grown on me. It feels good but not difficult at all on many cars.

If you are so gifted drifter why don't you come race me at RaceDepartment and prove you can catch my slides so easily boy. Wink

Ok, we all know an answer to that. But srsly don't be dumb for thinking if something is more difficult to be more realistic. It's not AC's fault for actually having FFB unlike iR to help you catch the drift. It's also not AC's fault for having flexi tires, sort of like LFS and obv why less tank slappers occur. In iR tank slapper is like 2nd nature, as if this was paranormal happening in real life to every racer in every practice if he oversteps it one bit, and ofc since no FFB exists in iR, you stamp on the brake to save it. Give me a break. You have iR thread to discuss how great it is. This is not one of those threads.

As I said again, some cars grip like crazy, other don't, try different tires. If you've never tried Huayra with road tire, try that, you might be spinning out without TC. Or try driving a gt3 car for like an hour without TC on something tight like Nurburgring, you'll probably spin out eventually, after all that's what you like the most.

I agree with you on the tires having turned traction control off (didn't realize it was on). However, my FFB still feels really dead. I slammed a wall coming out of a corner and didn't feel anything. I go over the grass and it's not bumpy.

In iRacing I drive down a straight at Pocono and the wheel is knocking out of my hands because the track is so bumpy, let alone hit a wall and I almost break a thumb.

I don't care about the strength, but I am failing to get a sense of understeer and oversteer from the FFB. Maybe one of you could post up your settings for a belt-driven wheel and I can give it a go, I had some really nice settings pre-1.0 and I thought it was great.

Ray
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1
Ray, you need to setup your wheel properly. Talk to Remco, he's your teammate and quite experienced with AC.
Quote from N I K I :Ray, you need to setup your wheel properly. Talk to Remco, he's your teammate and quite experienced with AC.

I tried, he's to stupid though and too lazy to do anything.
How is the new ffb? I bumped AC gain from 65% (100% in profiler) to 80% and min force to 12, feels great now.
edit: That 'min force' thingy was critical, make sure you bump it up form default 5 to 12 (if u are using logitech wheel) be aware if you use old controller setup, min force will be at 0, double check that!
If he fixed it, he wouldn't be able to troll.
niki, i would but i just get told i'm retarded every time. to remco's credit that may be true when it comes to using ac.
Quote from kars19 :How is the new ffb? I bumped AC gain from 65% (100% in profiler) to 80% and min force to 12, feels great now.
edit: That 'min force' thingy was critical, make sure you bump it up form default 5 to 12 (if u are using logitech wheel) be aware if you use old controller setup, min force will be at 0, double check that!

I stuck it to 9% on g27. 12 felt too high, as I'm using 55% ffb. FFB is real sharp now whilst staying progressive. And since tire model is a little less grippy it comes more alive as you really don't want the lack of grip to result in any sliding.
Quote from kars19 :How is the new ffb? I bumped AC gain from 65% (100% in profiler) to 80% and min force to 12, feels great now.

It's much better then on 5, thanks. What does it do exactly?
Quote from Bmxtwins :niki, i would but i just get told i'm retarded every time. to remco's credit that may be true when it comes to everything.

Can't handle the truth huh. I'm serious.If you didn't check any settings beforehand and then come in the game and find out about it, and then not change it to after that complain about how arcadish AC is, you are retarded yes.
Loving the Leon 1.1 version, finally as i hoped it would be..

[quote="Boris Lozac;1878447"][quote="kars19;1878418"]
It's much better then on 5, thanks. What does it do exactly?[/quote]

Yes, same question here. I know it is supposed to prevent signals being sent to the wheel which are less than the wheel is capable of translating into feel. It should tighten up the feel around the center if set correctly.

However, I don't know what the numbers/scale represents, so I don't know what it is I'm setting, and I couldn't get it to feel radically different with high or low values.
Quote from sinbad :
Yes, same question here. I know it is supposed to prevent signals being sent to the wheel which are less than the wheel is capable of translating into feel. It should tighten up the feel around the center if set correctly.

However, I don't know what the numbers/scale represents, so I don't know what it is I'm setting, and I couldn't get it to feel radically different with high or low values.

Try to wind up the minimum force into a value where your wheel starts to oscillate a bit, when you're standing still. Then decrease it until your wheel comes to a standstill. That should be your sweetspot, this method worked atleast on setting up minimum steering torque on rF2 and it feels to work somewhat here too.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG