The online racing simulator
@ felplacerad

220, really
It doesn't work like that here, set it to 900 and the game will adjust the steering depending on the car you drive..
Quote from Boris Lozac :@ felplacerad

220, really
It doesn't work like that here, set it to 900 and the game will adjust the steering depending on the car you drive..

225, actually!

Turns out Assetto Corsa defaults to having a lot of driving aids enabled. After disabling them and increasing the degrees to 300 the car is a lot more responsive and the steering not as wonky.

Did a few more (lonely) laps at fuji. What's a decent track time with the BMW 1M S3?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is Fuji anywhere near snoopys ring? Pretty much all custom tracks I've tried are in a pretty bad shape..

Nope, it's more or less like all the other rFactor ports - low rez textures, low rez mesh problems, no 3d grass, etc. probably will get better after some time, it's up to moder..

This is how it's should be done http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... newbury-from-nkpro.11364/
Trying to mach the quality of the KS tracks, note that this track is not yet
available, he will post a download link when the track is fully done.
*Same moder is also working with the Targa Florio port, so fingers crossed that TF will be as good as Joux Plane or better.

Quote from felplacerad :
Did a few more (lonely) laps at fuji. What's a decent track time with the BMW 1M S3?

~1:46min, Aliens did low 1:45min
Quote from felplacerad :1) Steering?! I've got a G25 and the steering is very "floaty". It turns instantly almost as if there an inverted deadzone, if you see what I mean? I did turn down the range from 900 to 225 because that what I've set in the profiler and what I use in LFS, but is there something that can be done to ammend this?

I don't have a wheel so I can't help directly. Best bet is to look for some G25 settings on the official forum, e.g. http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... els-official-thread.3295/. You could pop into #liveforspeed and ask troy, da_hoe etc.

Quote :2) Understeer, much? I drove the Lotus, and it really felt like I went a bit too wide even with little speed. Are the stock setups any good or is it day and night like in LFS?

Far fewer setup options for that Lotus, it's mostly down to technique. Lifting, feathering the throttle and brake. Steer it without accelerating ^^.

Quote :3) Someone mentioned something about a chat app. Link?

There is a one-line chat app in the app menu (move mouse cursor to the right edge of the screen while on track), and one in my sig (http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... pp-for-multiplayer.10684/)

Quote from felplacerad :Did a few more (lonely) laps at fuji. What's a decent track time with the BMW 1M S3?

The best lap was a low 55 with 100% boost, but that's an alien time. Somewhere in the 57 or 58s depending on how much boost you're using, I guess.
Quote from Eclipsed :Yea,and some mentioned few times already that Steam is a perfect service. Well,it just perfectly denied me from software I have paid for. Perfect business model!

99% of the people have no such issues with Steam. Maybe you're among that 1% who uses offline mode, ever...

Also,

Quote from Test Driver :weird, i can run AC 0.20.3 in steam, offline mode, with no problems

Yeah I can see offline mode doesn't work... :rolleyes: You just fail, Rony. Stop whining.
Well steam is first and foremost a drm and drm mostly exists just to annoy paying customers. There are lots of people who see steam as something totally amazing when in reality it is pretty much worse than a disc in every other way but one. You don't need discs.
Or direct online distribution, without Steam...
troy, your server is good.
Where can I get the latest Nordschleife?
Thanking you!
iam playing MP for a week now and it sucks , everyone just jumping all over the track and sliding in the air , and when you do find a nice server with no lag then people crash into you , no one ever looks in their mirrors and no one ever says that they sorry .

i will stick with lfs for now untill they fix this because its just terrible :\
Quote from Töki (HUN) :You just fail, Rony. Stop whining.

Yes,I chosed to move in wrong country,where I can have no financial problems,but due overpopulation I can't find an appartment here,so I have to rent a room in a freaking retarded workers hostel,where is no such luxury as internet cable,so I'm sitting on 3G. Yup,major failure from me - should stay in Latvia and die from hunger death,at least I would have proper internet connection as long as I would pay for it.
By the way - I had the v0.15.something,launched AC,it started updating (even if automatic updates ARE disabled - another so perfect Steam feature),saw that update gonna take major bite off my available data amount,stopped it,but it already downloaded few bytes. So now it's stuck - I can't launch game which is not fully updated and can't update it,otherwise I'll sit a week or so on GPRS.
Didn't expect much from the 1 mod car, but damn this car drives sooo good specially after the steering lock update
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Thanks just bought it, good price.
Quote from brandons48 :Now 50% off on Steam!

That's just sickening....where we all paid the top price, not they offer 50% discount for same product. So what did we gain from Early Release to the % discount now.....feck all

I want a 50% refund

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :That's just sickening....where we all paid the top price, not they offer 50% discount for same product. So what did we gain from Early Release to the % discount now.....feck all

I want a 50% refund

Fordie

nah, not correct to ask money back, unless they had lie on the product
and it is quite a good game, worth the 23€ I have spent ... :monkey:
sorry

(anyway, I will have to buy, ... preorder I suppose, the Nordschleife DLC, so I do not know the final price ... and launch the game again )
OMG, I just laughed my ass off. Fordman seriously asked 50% back

EDIT: he DEMANDS it HAHA
@ CodeLyoko1 ever heard of the words "miss sold" or Principle?

Check there T's and C's....there is nothing in there that says "at their descreassion they might drop the price for the beta version"...oh wait...where is their T's and C's

There is nothing "sad" in what I am saying here, you are talking pounds, not pennies..So what if AC is worth it, yes it is, but the principle of how they have done it, its wrong.

That £15 extra is one decent bottle of Vino

Fordie
When you buy new clothes and then after some weeks see that the exact same clothes are selling with 50% off, you go to the sales manager and ask 50% back?
Quote from Fordman :

That £15 extra is one decent bottle of Vino

Or 2 if a BOGOF is on.

But you wouldn't complain about that now...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG