The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Quote from troy :It's LFS at AC, probably some filters you set that prevent you from seeing it? 2min booking left

Found it mate...joined the race...and yep, there is pricks online, driving wrong way, and took me out head on on turn two.....thought i would let you know, hence i bailed

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Found it mate...joined the race...and yep, there is pricks online, driving wrong way, and took me out head on on turn two.....thought i would let you know, hence i bailed

Fordie

Kunos plans to autoban people driving wrong way in the next update, just saying so you can keep calm about those kids, things will get better.
Quote from Mysho :Kunos plans to autoban people driving wrong way in the next update, just saying so you can keep calm about those kids, things will get better.

Yeah I know, its just a nightmare in the process when all you want to do is race, and not dodgem's LOL

Fordie
Kunos planned to release a server update days ago.
And can anybody tell me why, with Troy's server, I actually picked the GTC yet it still put me in the BM?

And also...why do I get a quicker answers on LFS forum to AC than you do on the AC forum #realpeoplearehere LOL

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Kunos planned to release a server update days ago.

Stop Trolling PMSL HE HE HE

Cheers

Fordie
I think I can get rid of idiots now, need to test further, but you can kill the tcp connection from a client with tcpkill, so that should work on a per race base. Feel free to try again.
Quote from troy :I think I can get rid of idiots now, need to test further, but you can kill the tcp connection from a client with tcpkill, so that should work on a per race base. Feel free to try again.

On may way Sir

Fordie
It says "content unavailable" Montreal.....is this not a AC track?

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :It says "content unavailable" Montreal.....is this not a AC track?

Fordie

No, it's an add-on track. You can download it here (link in first post). Extract the archive and place it in your StreamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks folder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
Quote from amp88 :No, it's an add-on track. You can download it here (link in first post). Extract the archive and place it in your StreamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks folder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

Cheers Amp, I gathered that, but just thought server was running original tracks only. I havent tested or even tried Montreal, as only using orig content, plus Mallory Park ( which is WIP but is coming along nicely as a UK track ) LOL

Fordie
Jolly good combo, 0.6.1 locked at 59 fps performs and drives surpsingly well.

KTM X-Bow R
update is earlier than I expected
Still doesn't help me, I still can't join my own server.
I keep getting requesting car list timed out.
HTTP port is not mapped. I had the same thing. Make sure you have both ports mapped correctly.
Http 8075
UDP 9600

Port forwarding tool said the ports are open.

I see the server it has a ping.

I'm a bit of a noob with this sort of thing.

Can you give me some detail on what you mean with HTTP.

Thanks
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Still doesn't help me, I still can't join my own server.
I keep getting requesting car list timed out.

Sometimes randomly I get this 6 times in a row and then it suddenly lets me in server. 30% of the time it actually loads it instantly and lets me join quickly. 70% of the time it just repeats car list timed out and never actually says it loads the cars yet they all are working in the race tho
Quote from fatalunfair :Sometimes randomly I get this 6 times in a row and then it suddenly lets me in server. 30% of the time it actually loads it instantly and lets me join quickly. 70% of the time it just repeats car list timed out and never actually says it loads the cars yet they all are working in the race tho

My friend my can get in ok, very strange.
Nords 0.6.2 is really great.
But I had too seriously lower the eye candy to play this version and forget about sweetFX
I think now you need at least GTX 780 to enjoy this track with nice graphics (not maxed out, just above average)

I think the biggest fail is that Snoopy can't make LOD's, whole track gets rendered at all times.
Shadows are a real fps killer, I've set it from high to medium, can't see much difference and had about 20% less gpu usage. (on a gtx 770)
Running shadows at medium since release, and notice no difference with my 680GTX.

There are some HUGE textures in this release, those might bring some cards to their knees.
Quote from kars19 :I think the biggest fail is that Snoopy can't make LOD's, whole track gets rendered at all times.

I took it that this issue is down to the current (unofficial) mod tools
Someone mentioned that they didn't have this much fun for years, so true.. One lap of the Ring, or Mugello, or Imola, or Silverstone.. or pretty much any track, miles better then any of the LFS tracks :/ And it's not even because these are 'real'. Just that the layout of almost any LFS track sucks..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Someone mentioned that they didn't have this much fun for years, so true.. One lap of the Ring, or Mugello, or Imola, or Silverstone.. or pretty much any track, miles better then any of the LFS tracks :/ And it's not even because these are 'real' tracks. Just the layout of almost every LFS track pretty much sucks..

Driving real cars and real tracks would always be more fun. I think Eric or whoever designed LFS tracks did a great job, but why should I waste my time in AS4 @ XRR when I can just put myself at Nordschleife driving oversteery GT3... So much challenge and the physics is somehow LFS-ish, so I just can not see myself turning on LFS after proper finish of AC. Actually I haven't turned it on for ages, but this will be definite KO.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG