The online racing simulator
did u guys notice the cars feel more stable in race than in any other time like qual etc? or is it just me. well at least i feel them a lot faster,and i actually am faster than prac or qual. wierd(any combo)
Just drove the 0.6.1 for the first time, same bumps at the same places imho, except galgenkopf entrey is now smoother, I bet the KS laserscaned version will be even more bumpy, for example Döttinger Höhe straight is smooth as a table in snoopy's version, but in reality it's not.

I didn't notice any fps drops compared to 0.5.0

New pb with z4 gt3 - 6:52, still 10sec of the WR :|
0.6.1 definately destroys my PC, hearing some new fan sounds from the case.. Looks great though, perfromance is worse but not that much..
I still have the 0.5.0, will do some fps testing

edit:

tested at the hotlap start position (tiergarten)

87fps 0.5.0 (with sweetFX) 101fps (default)
84fps 0.6.1 (with sweetFX) 97fps (default)

my settings for the Nords

Fullscreen ON (1920x1080) | Vsync On | Anti Filtering 16x | AA to 2x | Shadow Low | HDR On | Motion Blur OFF | World detail Ultra | Smoke in mirrors Visible | Resolution in mirrors High | Smoke generation Normal| CubeMaps at LOW | Faces at 2 |

My PC is pretty average - i5 2500K 3.3Ghz| 8GB DDR3 RAM | GTX 570 1,2GB
I have not found any races. When I have the booking filter turned on, there are no populated servers.

PST is a crumby timezone for sim racing, I guess.

I'm gonna drive that Nordschleife tonight... I'm looking forward to it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Struck me as being a very low quality track when I used 0.5 version. Never understood why people want realistic graphics/physics/sound, but are happy to play on a track mesh from 1993.

Because it is nordschleife? Many people like me get enormous hard-on everytime they get to drive that track in their favourite sim. Some parts of the driving surface are very low poly and it is a bit annoying. But it is still norschsleife...

Quote from Matrixi :Because it's fun and the mesh is still higher quality than anything in LFS.

The nordschleife still has too many polygon bumps which do not really exist at all in lfs. In lfs there really aren't any parts where you drive over polygon edges and get launched in the air or lose control when going over them...

For some reason for both nkpro and ac the addon tracks most of the time have really bad driving surfaces and I have no idea why. When I made my track for rfactor with btb the btb has options to physically adjust the road mesh to create bumps to the tracks and it is pretty difficult to create as low-poly corners or track surfaces in general. And that was in btb. In 3dmax you probably have trillions of options to adjust every dot of the mesh to get smooth curves and avoid low poly problems.

If the snoopy nordschleife was my track I would simply drive around one lap and mark all the parts have too few polys on the driving surface then just add more polys to those places. I have no idea how the last corner or the tankstelle corner (?) for example can still be like that... In some places you can count the polygons you are driving on with your fingers... And then there is the karoussel which is silky smooth for some reason...

I think bumps on the track are great. But not when they are polygon edges.
Quote from Hyperactive :The nordschleife still has too many polygon bumps which do not really exist at all in lfs. In lfs there really aren't any parts where you drive over polygon edges and get launched in the air or lose control when going over them...

I guess I should have put /s at the end of my post.

Regardless, the ring has already been more fun to drive than all the LFS tracks combined in the last 5 years.
Can't wait for the official version though. Not sure if i should be having this much fun now on the modded one.
I've put the LFS at AC server into "normal" mode again running roadcars that seemed pretty close together on most of the tracks bmw_1m_s3, lotus_evora_gte, lotus_evora_s_s2.

Track rotation atm: imola, laguna, silverstone, montreal, nurburgring, trialmountain, monza, mugello

If there's too many idiots I may put a password on, right now it's free to join for anyone.
Or you could just ban them! Oh,wait,it was possible only in that uncool sim,that nobody even remembers...
that will be in the next update
Quote from troy :I've put the LFS at AC server into "normal" mode again running roadcars that seemed pretty close together on most of the tracks bmw_1m_s3, lotus_evora_gte, lotus_evora_s_s2.

Track rotation atm: imola, laguna, silverstone, montreal, nurburgring, trialmountain, monza, mugello

If there's too many idiots I may put a password on, right now it's free to join for anyone.

:woohoo:

Oh wait, you said idiots...that rules me out

Fordie
What's the server called as cannot find any relation to LFS on the list

Fordie
It's LFS at AC, probably some filters you set that prevent you from seeing it? 2min booking left
Quote from troy :It's LFS at AC, probably some filters you set that prevent you from seeing it? 2min booking left

Found it mate...joined the race...and yep, there is pricks online, driving wrong way, and took me out head on on turn two.....thought i would let you know, hence i bailed

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Found it mate...joined the race...and yep, there is pricks online, driving wrong way, and took me out head on on turn two.....thought i would let you know, hence i bailed

Fordie

Kunos plans to autoban people driving wrong way in the next update, just saying so you can keep calm about those kids, things will get better.
Quote from Mysho :Kunos plans to autoban people driving wrong way in the next update, just saying so you can keep calm about those kids, things will get better.

Yeah I know, its just a nightmare in the process when all you want to do is race, and not dodgem's LOL

Fordie
Kunos planned to release a server update days ago.
And can anybody tell me why, with Troy's server, I actually picked the GTC yet it still put me in the BM?

And also...why do I get a quicker answers on LFS forum to AC than you do on the AC forum #realpeoplearehere LOL

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Kunos planned to release a server update days ago.

Stop Trolling PMSL HE HE HE

Cheers

Fordie
I think I can get rid of idiots now, need to test further, but you can kill the tcp connection from a client with tcpkill, so that should work on a per race base. Feel free to try again.
Quote from troy :I think I can get rid of idiots now, need to test further, but you can kill the tcp connection from a client with tcpkill, so that should work on a per race base. Feel free to try again.

On may way Sir

Fordie
It says "content unavailable" Montreal.....is this not a AC track?

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :It says "content unavailable" Montreal.....is this not a AC track?

Fordie

No, it's an add-on track. You can download it here (link in first post). Extract the archive and place it in your StreamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks folder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
Quote from amp88 :No, it's an add-on track. You can download it here (link in first post). Extract the archive and place it in your StreamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks folder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

Cheers Amp, I gathered that, but just thought server was running original tracks only. I havent tested or even tried Montreal, as only using orig content, plus Mallory Park ( which is WIP but is coming along nicely as a UK track ) LOL

Fordie

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG