The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Quote from Dennis93 :As I'm driving a Ferrari that has all of the above (TC, ABS) I can assure you, this is simple just an aid, you don't jump into that car and be on pace, because sure, it's easier to control those horsepower with TC, but there are 20 other monkeys on the track with the same benefits, so saying it's too easy is just idiotic and quite dangerous in your position, because when have you ever been in a competitive race series?

I always found TC to be in the way of laptimes. Is this the case in ur Ferrari sir? Did you try disabling it? Does it provide more feel if disabled? Am I driving the car with throttle too much for TC system to handle it? Is it working progressively enabled or plain stalls in the way of power boost? Yea hard to make it a simple question.
-
(umadragek) DELETED by Scawen : insulting / spam
Quote from N I K I :I always found TC to be in the way of laptimes. Is this the case in ur Ferrari sir?

Well, The challenge car i drove in Barcalona it was difference between 1,5 seconds on new tires, but this is a road TC and yes that was very much in the way of making faster laptimes.
However on the GTC the TC is quite different, But still faster without on new tires. on older tires/stint driving it's faster on average to have it on 2(lowest setting)

Quote from N I K I : Did you try disabling it? Does it provide more feel if disabled?

Yes I have, it does of course create more feel, but it also wears rear tires faster.
Quote from N I K I : Am I driving the car with throttle too much for TC system to handle it? Is it working progressively enabled or plain stalls in the way of power boost? Yea hard to make it a simple question.

Again, in the Challenge car it does everything for you, if you go flat out, out of a corner you can feel the power bugging down and thus you have no power, in this case no TC is faster.

In the GTC, you sort of need it to be faster. on my fastest lap on Paul Richard it was shown to be active 6% of the time I was on the power, so it's not that significant of a difference if it's on or off. Of course if you run it in the highest setting (9 i think) It's just cutting too much throttle, and this is only for Spa rain.

Hope this was helpful.
Dennis summed it up right, so this should be [/arguement] at this point. Having nearly the same conditions on every race car is what makes racing, and not disabling some aids like TC or ABS. They won't drive your car without making the right inputs, you can still build up seconds of differences over a lap even if you have those aids turned on. Adjusting your driving to suit them is what makes you a racer, and not plain disabling.
I think you guys are all right in one way or another, it's totally subjective anyway. But my thoughts on the matter are probably a little closer to Tristan's. Although saying that, I do really appreciate the ability and potential of a car like the Nissan GTR and would love to own one because of that, but not for the "driver enjoyment". When it comes to that all I think about is "Would I want that on a Caterham 7?", no flappy paddles, no ESP, EBD, TCS or ABS no matter how much it might improve the laptime, thanks.
Lol, whatever, no one ever said it improved lap times, only drivability.
Quote from Dennis93 :Lol, whatever, no one ever said it improved lap times, only drivability.

But it can and for me that's irrelevant, is all I'm saying. Faster isn't better necessarily. I don't knock anyone for using those systems or liking cars equipped with them, but I wouldn't choose to add them.
I don't think it is a coincidence that historic racing is one of the only growth areas of motorsport.

Yes Sinbad is right, everyone is 'right' but the one issue with all these driving aids is they inevitably lead to one final form - AI drivers.
Took a few more screenshots with supersampling for wallpaper use.

Also another quick drifty video for fun.
Attached images
244210_2014-04-10_00452.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00512.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00652.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00718.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00196.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00591.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00629.jpg
244210_2014-04-10_00447.jpg
Nice shots Toni!

alrdy using it
Attached images
1.jpg
F40 <3

Pistops? Race Weekend? MP? We'll know in about 6h
pitstops and race weekends would be pretty brilliant.
MP would be even better.
You'll get another lotus car and like it.
They said(few times) pit stop will not come in 1.0 version...
1.0 was also supposed to be out in November or October. I'm pretty sure that was the last time pit stops after 1.0 was mentioned, you never know maybe they had a little time in between testing multi player.
Anything but multiplayer
Multiplayer but only with Lotus cars
Quote from Intrepid :Multiplayer but only with Lotus cars

I'm fine with that for an initial release.
The new GT4!! It's amazing!!
Update is on Steam 606mb

Quote from http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/early-access-update-0-8-5.8418/#post-115968 :0.8.5
- Race Weekend
- AI improvements
- Fuel lap prediction
- Improved mouse with ingame gui
- Gui fixes and improvements
- Animations on secondary elements of the track
- Enable/disable keyboard commands with wheel or gamepad
- Skybox graphical improvements
- Tweaked kerbs volume
- Lotus Evora GTC
- Lotus Evora GX

what is race weekend?