The online racing simulator
Quote from Bmxtwins :After trying it, I agree with Dustin that the booking system is flawed. But, I guess some MP is better than none. I felt the netcode was quite poor, I got hit on the grid and flew a million feet in the air and got no damage. I understand it's beta, and quite good for a beta. Was surprised by how well it went to be honest. I thought I would be getting dropped from the game like crazy.

One shame I see is no real way to implement driver swaps :/

alpha*
im going to create a lotus racing server soon, just the lotus road cars..

4 laps, 20 mins qual.. 5 mins booking..

Server Name = LFS - Lotus Racing Server
Password - (none atm, see how the driving goes)
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :How come you run it at 110 instead of 120?
Do you find that fixes the minor ghosting issues? (trees against a bright sky etc)

It doesn't resolve ghosting completely, but it definitely does help against it (it's noticeable difference).
That's main reason I run it at 110Hz.
If I ignore all these bugs, I cant ignore the netcode and collision system, which is really bad and reminds me GT5 and LFS collisions sometimes.

4 drivers on the server, from the same country, good ping.
When we touch, it was disaster
Yeh.. collision system is still a bit.. hmm.. buggy
Actually had my first race on closed RD event, 8 guys, different pings and it was quite enjoyable race, I got slightly clipped from behind in T1 (USA police pit maneuver) and car behaved exactly like it should, slide to the sand etc. Not sure if it was luck or something but if it will work like this in future and there will be improved A LOT of stuff in UI I think it could be a good one.

Then made my way back to the top 3 and didn't notice anything unusual when passing cars... Think I just had luck for my first race in AC MP.
I did 4 races last night, 2 were marred by turn 1 murders, but the other 2 were decent races. I have yet to have minor contact so I can't comment on the netcode, but all the cars around me seemed very stable.

But in my final race, I did qualifying and all was fine, as soon as the server went to race, there was a buzzing in the sound ( https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... =UUEbEIt-oAYWSr8zCgXI6fvQ ) and it went away as soon as i exited the server after the race ended. Yes I did have fraps running because I thought it would be fun to record a race, but fraps was running in the background for all of qualifying, the sound started as soosn as the server went to race mode, but before I started capturing and persistes after i ended capture, the buzz ended when I logged off the server. Has this been reported by anyone else, I am not on the AC forum at the moment.

I did not mind the booking system, I think you can have decent pick-up and play racing on a server with a short booking time and short qualifying. I did 2 races in a row on the same server with most of the same guys. It was 2 minutes booking, 8 minutes qualifying so as soon as the first race ended we just searched the server name again, re-booked, waited 2 minutes and were right back into qualifying. Some random grids would be nice, or grids based on PB or something to not require qualifying would speed things up...I like LFS's system better, but I can live with this one.

There's little things: more time is needed between sessions: many people missed the start of the race and were just sitting on the grid because there's only like 5 seconds between the end of qualifying and the starting procedure, and there needs to be more time after the race, if you are way behind the leader, the session can end and you have not even finished the race.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :Or, if you're racing at Monza, cut the first chicane, you don't contact the barriers. Lots of idiots were abusing that, along with killing everyone on corner entry... The joys of a sim with arcade-racer fans I guess.

After qualifying on pole at monza in the e30, this happened to me from some guy who was 10th on the grid. Just cut T1 and was doing laps 10 seconds faster than the WR.

stupid kids
Am i crazy or there's not 'look behind' button?
You're crazy. Just press look left and right at the same time.
@jmeade: Same sound glitch had occured to me once yesterday. I kept going to race finish anyway . No fraps nor other interfering background processes here.

@Boris Lozac: Use look left, look right buttons at the same time to look back. That's the same as in LFS iirc.
Quote from TV[cz] :@Boris Lozac: Use look left, look right buttons at the same time to look back. That's the same as in LFS iirc.

In LFS you look further to the direction you were already looking at if you press the another look button.

All of my races in AC end up getting crashed by someone. It's horrible. Also if I touch car ahead just barely by accident, my steering and front get's fully broken. :chairs:
Quote from tristancliffe :You're crazy. Just press look left and right at the same time.

I swear i tried that many times during these months, and it didn't work.. Now it does, wierd.
Why with 20 various GT class cars I have pretty stable 55 up to even 80 fps, meanwhile with 20 Ferrari 458 cars fps drops quite dramatically to even 42 or something like that, and reaches basically just above 60 fps as optimum value? It's deal with polygons? Maybe Ferrari 458 car is much more detailed, so it requires more calculations on CPU?
i know its early days but this really needs alot of work, alot of NKP still exists in the netcode and that booking system is a load of tosh, why cant people join a server thats in practice mode, lots of noobs intent on wrecking, run wide on corner exit and 5 sec penalty, followed by car behind running into you
Tango
Quote from AtomAnt :, ot
Fordie relax...Follow LFS on Twitter, and AC and...someone give Fordie an out or a pill

I almost seen AC work today....almost 13 years later..the few that did said...sorry the i got dissed before we could get a comment.

Maybe tomorrow

I know Ant, yesterday was just so frustrating. First of all I had the D3DComplier error which I have never seen before, that was in single player, then trying to get on a server, that was just a headache.....

Going to give it another try a bit later on

Fordie
Quote from Franky.S :After qualifying on pole at monza in the e30, this happened to me from some guy who was 10th on the grid. Just cut T1 and was doing laps 10 seconds faster than the WR.

stupid kids

Someone did that today in Imola. He went straight in last chicane every lap and almost always hit someone in front of him.
As an Alpha it is quite impressive, but the netcode is garbage. Anyone with a slightly high ping bounces and jumps 5 metres left and right constantly, any slight contact at all sends cars absolutely flying. There is still time for improvement, but it just looks like NKP to me and that never really got any better.

We need to get a decent server sorted where LFSers can join without all the pricks ruining it, with decent pings and good racing, just make sure we don't bump each other.
Quote from DeKo :
We need to get a decent server sorted where LFSers can join without all the pricks ruining it, with decent pings and good racing, just make sure we don't bump each other.

Join the #liveforspeed irc channel tonight, Maybe Troy or Pringles will host a server. We had plenty of races yesterday. Passworded server, only LFSers.

I guess they'll post here when the server is up.
Just been on a server with R3DMAN, and very little lag/jitter etc. There will always be noobs and newbies around, and I'd rather put up with them than have servers for people that have a certain 'safety rating' bullshit.

The P4/5 thing is quite good fun!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Join the #liveforspeed irc channel tonight, Maybe Troy or Pringles will host a server. We had plenty of races yesterday. Passworded server, only LFSers.

I guess they'll post here when the server is up.

I can give hosting a go, for LFS'ers only...Need to read up on it though..this way I might get a race LOL

Fordie
tip: Don't put a 100 car grid on a track with 30 pit stalls

I just broke everyones computer XD
Just had a couple of races - surprising how similar to LFS the netcode feels. With that said, certainly needs refinement but it's super impressive how good it is at this stage. I did turn into an aeroplane at one point, but I guess that's to be expected.
I get propper bad sound distortion if more than 20 cars are on track.. Anyone else get this?
Yep, same... and also warning that CPU is >95% occupancy

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG