The online racing simulator
One question for who know Nekkar Pro 1.3.

Seriosly and onestly, do u see some differences from AC 0.9 and NKP 1.3 Netcode ?

Ohm ... since i cannot see any differences.

Other question: it makes sense take out a multiplayer like this one ?

What meaning "alpha" ?

ALPHA ???

This's netcode is PRE-PRE-PRE-PRE-ALPHA.
The first race I done, I had no idea the race had started and just saw my car getting punted in the background. Tiny continue button down the bottom is the only way to know, so half the people on the grid don't know the race has actually started.

By the way, is it just me or can you not engage a gear until the lights go out?
Some things are just so re*arded sorry, alpha or not, LFS is Alpha also, the year is 2014.. I have no idea how many laps there is, when does the quali end, what position i am at the moment? Like, pretty basic stuff..
How many laps is shown on the server screen.
Session time is top left of screen I think.
Position is an app.

Pretty basic stuff. (If you're going to complain, at least complain about stuff that can be complained about).
Yeah, AC MP is horrible to say the least...:cookiemon
At least the netcode is decent when you get in the low ping server.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Some things are just so re*arded sorry, alpha or not, LFS is Alpha also, the year is 2014.. I have no idea how many laps there is, when does the quali end, what position i am at the moment? Like, pretty basic stuff..

Dude, the applications tell everything. Should've learnt to use them since November, you know they have a reason. Turn them on, they're useful. I'd say it's not as bad as I expected, firing the game up after reading this topic. The whine over it is a bit overreaction. There are tons of flaws, but it's the first time I enjoyed AC in months, so I guess it's not that bad. I don't see how LFS' Alpha status comes here... LFS was alpha for what? Nearly 10 years now. This game's life spawn is about 1/10 of that so far. That discussion is as wrong as it can get.
I just don't see the point of not being able to join during the Practise or Qualifying, but i guess it has something to with the way AC works. As far as i noticed every car has to be loaded prior to getting on the track.

Only way that the booking system makes sense to me. Had some good race with X-Bow, was pretty enjoyable hate shifting that thing with other players.
I give up, waiting around and around, and then maybe, but not quite, and start another...what a load of bollocks...I have tried and tried and yeah, tried again, this is total bullshit

I have never EVER seen an online connection system like it !!!

Stick with it...yeah, like you would stick with "you will get your sofa shortly...shortly...oh a bit more time..oh wait a week....another 2wks like you would stand for that??

I know its alpha, but this booking shit..WTF...you need to book a slot, on a server, WTF...is this Tesco's at the meat counter....Number 49 please....Oh please

Fordie
Quote from tristancliffe :How many laps is shown on the server screen.
Session time is top left of screen I think.
Position is an app.

Pretty basic stuff. (If you're going to complain, at least complain about stuff that can be complained about).

Offcourse i have every app related to position or lap time turned on, i just can't find that info anywhere.. Maybe I'm too tired, will try again tomorrow. And as you see from previous conment, almost the whole server didn't know the race has started.
Last race for today, changed to the nordschleife for giggles, you need to fix your ac.ini file if you feel like joining.

\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0

server: lfs at ac
pass: lfsatac
Wow this mp systsem needs a lot of work. But really had a lot of promise
Nordschleife multiplayer was fun, has potential.
After trying it, I agree with Dustin that the booking system is flawed. But, I guess some MP is better than none. I felt the netcode was quite poor, I got hit on the grid and flew a million feet in the air and got no damage. I understand it's beta, and quite good for a beta. Was surprised by how well it went to be honest. I thought I would be getting dropped from the game like crazy.

One shame I see is no real way to implement driver swaps :/
It's not a beta though.
Fastest way to get in the server, takes about ~2min
Attached images
bvvcfrrjpg.jpg
At least you have servers to wait for. Nothing down under in OZ is screen is blank.
I have had no problems joining or finding servers.
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have had no problems joining or finding servers.

+1

I saw you out on track btw. I believe it was Formula Abarth at Imola, maybe Silverstone. I'm not sure.

I've done multiple races with only 2 lag related incidents, aside from that it's been a pretty good experience. I will admit the booking system isn't the best way to go about it, but plenty of other games use a similar system, so at least I'm used to the waiting.

It would be amazing if it was as simple as LFS' system though, all you have to do is connect and race, simple and effective. But I doubt they'll go that route. Correct me if I'm wrong,I have very limited knowledge on coding. But I imagine it would take an almost complete rebuild of MP for that.
So i just found out the easiest way to cheat/win.

I was racing in 5th position and ran out of gas at the start of lap 7 at Imola. I went back to pits and it told me I was still on lap 7 but now in 1st. I drove down pitlane and crossed the line to start the last lap and the leader drove by. I followed him around the last lap and took second place lol.
Quote from sil3ntwar :So i just found out the easiest way to cheat/win.

I was racing in 5th position and ran out of gas at the start of lap 7 at Imola. I went back to pits and it told me I was still on lap 7 but now in 1st. I drove down pitlane and crossed the line to start the last lap and the leader drove by. I followed him around the last lap and took second place lol.

Or, if you're racing at Monza, cut the first chicane, you don't contact the barriers. Lots of idiots were abusing that, along with killing everyone on corner entry... The joys of a sim with arcade-racer fans I guess.
Quote from kars19 :Fastest way to get in the server, takes about ~2min

Fastest way to get in a server,but if you want to get in some specific server - get prepared for waiting...
Quote from Fordman :I give up, waiting around and around, and then maybe, but not quite, and start another...what a load of bollocks...I have tried and tried and yeah, tried again, this is total bullshit

I have never EVER seen an online connection system like it !!!

Stick with it...yeah, like you would stick with "you will get your sofa shortly...shortly...oh a bit more time..oh wait a week....another 2wks like you would stand for that??

I know its alpha, but this booking shit..WTF...you need to book a slot, on a server, WTF...is this Tesco's at the meat counter....Number 49 please....Oh please

Fordie

, ot
Fordie relax...Follow LFS on Twitter, and AC and...someone give Fordie an out or a pill

I almost seen AC work today....almost 13 years later..the few that did said...sorry the i got dissed before we could get a comment.

Maybe tomorrow
Quote from sil3ntwar :So i just found out the easiest way to cheat/win.

Go to a reset server, race for 50 mins..then reset....and I'll ( the following comment has been removed to keep out of jail)..and a bear
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have had no problems joining or finding servers.

Nor we suspect that of you Jason. Explain? What servers are you joining..AC LFS NetCar..lol,

Hi Turkey

Lead on Mc Duff

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG