The online racing simulator
Netcode seems alright but all of these silly booking systems and things just give me cancer... Can't even change the car
FTR: You can chat. There is a chat app, but it's not active by default (nor does it become active when a message is sent).
"The Booking system needs to be junked for public racing. Only having a few minutes to join a server is silly, and if you set a long booking time, then everyone has to sit there and wait 10 minutes for the race to start. Let people join in prac and qual, but not the race. Problem solved."

Quote :It is something we're working on it. We considered the system as better for the leagues (and we think it is), but we didn't consider such a big success of free public servers. Early hours though, so let's see how it goes.
We are also working on some alternative solutions.

There's still hope.

More here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... -suggestions-so-far.9444/

Quote from dawesdust_12 :FTR: You can chat. There is a chat app, but it's not active by default (nor does it become active when a message is sent).

Quote :Yes infact that chat is a leftover of the testing/debug system. The actual main screen for chatting, voting, skipping sessions, kicking users etc, is not yet activated.

Anyone know how to stop F11 drawing a virtual mirror on all 3 screens?

Edit: **** this, its already infested with trolls. 3 separate servers I was on and at least 2 or 3 drivers parked sideways across the track, moving backwards and forwards to block people. Maybe this will be good for Leagues, but back to IR I go. Say what you want about iracing, you don't get people parked sideways on the track.
It's a steam game and launch day, join passworded servers only and you will be fine.

It looks like they broke the password function with latest update though.
Finally home, time to give it a whirl
They fixed the password problem, server is back on.

lfs at ac

password: lfsatac
Quote from troy :They fixed the password problem, server is back on.

lfs at ac

password: lfsatac

Will join as soon as I can
I have an issue when booking and waiting more than 5 mins, if i create a booking time of 10 mins and wait it doesnt join, if i set it to below 5 mins joins. 9/10 times..

Any ideas?
Had a quick go earlier. Chose a non-empty server with best ping. Waited 4 minutes, and then couldn't join. So chose next one, which was a Formula Tatuus/Abarth server on Silverstone Stowe. Qualified 3rd, really good start (I remembered to put it in gear at the start, which is a stupid idea), and led for about 7 laps by about a second. Then backmarkers...

Some were really jumpy, others I don't think had ever seen a car, let alone driven one. Got rammed lots. Finished 3rd, 19 seconds down.

Booking system is retarded in principle AND badly executed. Won't judge playability/ping/jerkiness on one server though.

Not bad for an alpha feature in a pre-release though.
I will get there eventually.....rebuild PC today, so installed everything, and Steam has queued AC up while others finish.....Glad really as they are on patch .3 already

Fordie
Love the Gr A M3 so much
Something weird happened. I was in grid with 22 cars, after the start some guys hit me and lag happened, my car is still flying in the air after 8 minutes of the start. I can't disconnect because my car have to be stopped
So, 0.9.x broke the best mod tracks JP, DM and NS
So far only the desert roads works for me
Post some server if you're guys are gathering somewhere, too tired to test out the public servers and frustrate myself with waiting in line.
Quote from kars19 :So, 0.9.x broke the best mod tracks JP, DM and NS
So far only the desert roads works for me

JP has been fixed
so what TS channel do i need to be in.. and who's creating the server?
Quote from R3DMAN :so what TS channel do i need to be in.. and who's creating the server?

CR TS and Troy is hosting
What a bull$#!t online mode. Done one race (lucky to hit right the time when it was in booking mode),everyone get's thrown out and have to wait some time to join again. And of course when the booking time is over,I click join - "cannot enter server,refresh server list",after some 10-12 tries - it finally launches and I get a message "could not connect to server,aborting" (or something like that),that's it,I have to wait qual+race (so about 15min it this case) to try join server again.
Which freaking idiot created this system? It's ridiculous. If this is the future of sim racing,I have to find a different hobby...
Quote from Ava Adore :Awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hsVmFedMXQ

Known issues:
- Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
- Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
- Steering wheels angles might be exaggerated, or inverted
- Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
- Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
- Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
- Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
- Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
- "Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
- Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear
- race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race
- No slipstream yet

Quote from Eclipsed :What a bull$#!t online mode.

Funny how everyone is raging about it. I don't know what you expected for a first release. A perfect MP without any bugs or what?! Seriously.
Similar problem happened to me CardsetCrazy. Monza. Lots of cars flying everywhere when on the grid. Most had to start from pitlane once reset. Very odd.

So, who's got a server up? Not possible to search for players/friends yet is it?
They see how bad the booking system is for public use, looks like they are already working on an alternative. If it was for league purposes, I wouldn't have an issue with it, but for public use, it is bad.

Unfortunately we've been spoiled by LFS server setup and use for years, which will skew our judgements.
Quote from tristancliffe :Similar problem happened to me CardsetCrazy. Monza. Lots of cars flying everywhere when on the grid. Most had to start from pitlane once reset. Very odd.

So, who's got a server up? Not possible to search for players/friends yet is it?

Just pop LFS into the search and it comes right up

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG