The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
i had to rename croft_v0.1 to just croft.

then it worked.
Quote from R3DMAN :i had to rename croft_v0.1 to just croft.

then it worked.

Mine is named Croft already, as what I downloaded to my PC I uploaded to server, and still doesn't work for me....I think it is the Pit Box Problem I had with Donington as had the same error...

Fordie
how come i was able to get on then?

i thought that if it was the pitboxes nobody could join.
Quote from R3DMAN :how come i was able to get on then?

i thought that if it was the pitboxes nobody could join.

Yeah strange one R3dman....but I suffered the same problem with Donington, just AC crash with Window's error and that turned out to be pit box issue.

I still cannot join, just AC crash and windows error

Fordie

PS - will test and drop the Clients to 5
I have just copied the Croft folder, from the server back to my PC, just in case I dropped a bollock, and it still crashes....I have also changed the file to 5 pit boxes.

So you got me R3dman why you are so special LOL

Fordie
Guys, another question, I have my G27 set to 900 degrees, and ingame set to 900 degrees too...

But depending on the car, the game automatically "reduce" the rotation to sync to the car, but it only sync the rotation, not the FFB limiter...

For example even NFS Shift 2, that is a bad game with horrible FFB, if you put 900 degrees on profiler and in game, the game automatically put a FFB limiter on 400 degrees if the car turns 400 degrees...

But on assetto corsa, if your car turns like 270 degrees, you can turn your wheel until you hit the physical limiter, while the ingame wheel is locked at 270 degrees, so you have 630 useless degrees that makes recovering from oversteer pretty hard...

Am I using any wrong settings, or the game is just like this?
Best of British Take 2
Would like to try again tonight if anybody else up for it. Just going to test every track this time so no surprises. Details Below:

Apart from the obvious (BMW Z4 +mp12) does anybody have a list that shows competitive car groups?

Server will be up at 7:30pm GMT...and server details are below:

Server Name - T7R Best of British
Slot's =19
Qualification 10mins
Laps = 10
Password = BOB

Cheers

Fordie
Had an interesting race last night on a server that pitted the X-Bow against the E30 DTM.
Sorted the Croft problem out, so all working now. Just to make sure we are all using the same ones, I suggest you download the tracks from my skydrive...

Link Available Shortly

Silverstone using Kudos Track

Regards

Fordie
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Had an interesting race last night on a server that pitted the X-Bow against the E30 DTM.

Where they close ? What I don't want is somebody joining and doesn't stand a chance because of car choice, I want it to be a level playing field and just down to driver ability

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Where they close ? What I don't want is somebody joining and doesn't stand a chance because of car choice, I want it to be a level playing field and just down to driver ability

Fordie

Yeah, not bad. Though it may have been just because of the track. It was at Silverstone International.

I'd stick with a known quantity if you're dead set on equality, though. Or just go with a single car choice.
OK DWB, thanks for that. Just uploading the tracks now, tried and tested on server so I know they work.

Was going to do the same as last night, but give 15mins for Qual ( as that averages out 7 laps ) and also allow mid join for Race, so people are not hanging around waiting.

Also going to change the amount of laps, respective of the circuit, so the longer Donny, Brands GP, Silverstone we do 10 laps, Croft we do 12 laps, and Brands Indy we do 15 laps. This works out to around 15-20 per race..

Fordie
the version of croft you are using btw sucks.. its way way way too bumpy..
Best of British Take 2 - TESTED :)
Server will be up at 7:30pm GMT...and server details are below:

Server Name - T7R Best of British
Car = Lotus Evora GX
Slot's =19
Qualification 15mins
Laps:
Croft = 12
Brands Indy = 15
Donington Park = 10
Silverstone = 10
Brands Hatch GP = 10
Password = BOB

Please download the tracks from my sky drive.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid ... id=6711721E1A3D34D5%21119

Any problems with download, give me a shout and Hopefully see you all there.

Regards

Fordie
Quote from R3DMAN :the version of croft you are using btw sucks.. its way way way too bumpy..

you have the V1.01 R3dman, not the conversion one ?

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :you have the V1.01 R3dman, not the conversion one ?

Fordie

im not using tiagos version.. (the conversion) im using the scratch made one.. but its just soo bumpy.. and the track is just not that bumpy wish he would sort it out.
Quote from R3DMAN :im not using tiagos version.. (the conversion) im using the scratch made one.. but its just soo bumpy.. and the track is just not that bumpy wish he would sort it out.

Never driven on Croft personally, so I don't know, I just love that its a UK track, and a layout I remember back from Toca2 days, and considering I love British Motorsport...just love it...

I know what you mean, non of them are finished, polished, lazer scanned tracks, but they are all drivable....and I am just trying to get a good group of drivers together for a bit of fun instead of Ferrari's, GT Cars and the International circuits....that's all

Fordie
its my local track

this vid is a really good one for showing you the track and layout etc.. bear in mind this car is relatively softly sprung but mine (red on in the vid) isn't at all and is quite hard yet its still very very stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgTEcvevr8
I see a lot of bumping and shaking on that vid lol .. Having never driven there, i wouldn't call it bumpy, i really have no idea why people mind the bumps that much, it gives some characther..
Quote from R3DMAN :its my local track

this vid is a really good one for showing you the track and layout etc.. bear in mind this car is relatively softly sprung but mine (red on in the vid) isn't at all and is quite hard yet its still very very stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgTEcvevr8

Nice Video...and if you look at the drivers shoulders, they bump around....your not racing on an air strip

WOW that your car, the red one.....you drive like a women ..just kidding R3dmam....that is a nice upgrade you got going on there, going to race it properly?

Fordie
Those Spa teases on their Facebook page btw, makes me wet. It's pretty certain it's coming this friday!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Those Spa teases on their Facebook page btw, makes me wet. It's pretty certain it's coming this friday!

Yes they made a statement when summer was about to begin that next big update will be Friday 29th of August so there comes Spa and 1.0 release IMO.

Can't wait.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Those Spa teases on their Facebook page btw, makes me wet. It's pretty certain it's coming this friday!

My wife saw that as well and she got all wet, until I told her it was a track update....not somewhere she would go to relax

Fordie
lol

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG