The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :Except they said it was ready to go last week, but their server provider couldn't offer support due to the holidays.

I'd happily take last weeks working version

No matter how ready they say it was, a public release will allways show stuff that the internal testing didnt catch. *Allways*
Quote from Fordman :What do you mean TVE

Fordie
oh ignore me, I missed your sarcasm ROFL

Quote from Bean0 :Except they said it was ready to go last week, but their server provider couldn't offer support due to the holidays.

I'd happily take last weeks working version

Well, now we know that the real reason why it was not released last week. It wasn't ready. the holiday thing was just bullshit to stall.
Quote from MadCat360 :Well, now we know that the real reason why it was not released last week. It wasn't ready. the holiday thing was just bullshit to stall.

Or they used the extra week to perform more QA on it, and realized that there was more to fix than they first thought.
Quote from e2mustang :i dont think this game represents real life physics. i cant do anything in game that i can do irl. like drifting

Well you must have some setup issues then, as I, like so many other's the cars react how they should do ( as I think) with a wheel setup....Its not only close to LFS...it is on par with LFS, imho, and I have not raced / played anything else but LFS since 2003.

Fordie
Video is offline for me.
your slower going sideways, it may be an art, but your times are slower. I thought racing was about laptimes, not how you control you rear end

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :your slower going sideways, it may be an art, but your times are slower. I thought racing was about laptimes, not how you control you rear end

Fordie

true, but drifting in AC is so enjoyable I couldn't resist
Quote from Bose321 :Video is offline for me.

processing.. probably

edit:
Nordschleife
lol
Shitty graphical content also. While the on board view for a change doesn't behave like you are watching some goldfish on/in Fern Bay the outside views on the other hand are now really appalling. Mainly because there is no car flex visible. It looks quite pathetic, nowhere near how a car actually behaves in real.

But.. Who cares.. As long as the kids are happy.
You showed him.. How does he dare use a camera angle which doesn't show car flex? That bastard.

Seriously people, you need to lighten up and don't bitch about EVERY SINGLE THING you don't agree with.
Do you guys know will they fix the clutch? It's so unrealistic at the moment.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :You showed him.. How does he dare use a camera angle which doesn't show car flex? That bastard.

Seriously people, you need to lighten up and don't bitch about EVERY SINGLE THING you don't agree with.

I agree, it's almost as tedious to read as watching drifting videos.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :Do you guys know will they fix the clutch? It's so unrealistic at the moment.

So is physics while driving <3km/h, but as you can see there are MP issues right now. I think the MP and content is priority and clutch and 3km/h physics will be moved back in plans... (if any)
"Car flex"? Does it mean body roll or chassis deformation?
Chassis flex, body roll is how much a car leans over into a corner.
Pretty sure he means car roll, as he compares with LFS which has no body flex either (does any race sim even have it yet?)

One thing I find really odd, while I always drive from cockpit view in LFS, I can't get to grips with it in AC (always use bumper cam). Somehow the AC cockpit view feels sort of disconnected for me, anyone got a clue what I mean and might need to change?
Quote from ACCAkut :Pretty sure he means car roll, as he compares with LFS which has no body flex either (does any race sim even have it yet?)

One thing I find really odd, while I always drive from cockpit view in LFS, I can't get to grips with it in AC (always use bumper cam). Somehow the AC cockpit view feels sort of disconnected for me, anyone got a clue what I mean and might need to change?

This might be stating the obvious but in the default cockpit settting, the view is "fixed to horizon". If that is on, turn it off.
Quote from englishlord :This might be stating the obvious but in the default cockpit settting, the view is "fixed to horizon". If that is on, turn it off.

Yes it's totally disconnecting, dunno why they put it as the default option

Quote from cargame.nl :Shitty graphical content also. While the on board view for a change doesn't behave like you are watching some goldfish on/in Fern Bay the outside views on the other hand are now really appalling. Mainly because there is no car flex visible. It looks quite pathetic, nowhere near how a car actually behaves in real.

I am really trying, but I can't understand what you meant
well I bet you've done like 100 km in AC with wheel, noone went drift king straight from the start i am still lame at drifting in AC but I can see some improvement when practicing.
Quote from ACCAkut :Pretty sure he means car roll,

Yeah, exactly..

Quote from Nadeo4441 :Seriously people, you need to lighten up and don't bitch about EVERY SINGLE THING you don't agree with.

First thing I commented about here in months, it looks like a bad episode of Need for Speed, not something to show off with. Sure, nothing else of interest happening in simracingworld but to rate these kind of video material as totally awesome, 'wow, look at thát drifting' ... No... Sorry... Toy stuff. (I have AC myself but that doesn't mean I need to be an automatic fanboy do I? )
Quote from ACCAkut :Pretty sure he means car roll, as he compares with LFS which has no body flex either (does any race sim even have it yet?)

Technically RoR and BeamNG do have that. They are more about damage than driving dynamics though.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG