The online racing simulator
try '107' in profiler
Quote from ACCAkut :we want not new heavy boring gtr we want oldskool JDM R34 FT Spec-Nür with limited red shift sleeve and rx7 in that spec from inidialD man you know notin bout true car culture man

Actually those two cars would be great. The R34 and the Rx7.
£10 off on Steam this weekend.
Quote from ACCAkut :we want not new heavy boring gtr we want oldskool JDM R34 FT Spec-Nür with limited red shift sleeve and rx7 in that spec from inidialD man you know notin bout true car culture man

The wide body version?

The devs can work on street stock and spec race cars easily if the manufacturers provides necessary data. For such heavy turned cars, however, they would have to measure pretty much everything by themselves. With so many cars to make it's simply not possible. So even if they make one, it would be hardly better than whatever the modding community can produce.

Speaking of the RX-7 in Initial D, was there any single RL car used as reference for the manga, or was it a mixture of different RL cars?

How dare you forget the AE86.
I´m lurking in this thread for quite a few weeks now and I cannot decide if AC is for me or not.
I played nearly everything Sim related since the C64, was still in love with GPL when I played LFS for years, I also played all the GTR series, but the LFS physics were always the best for me. GPLs tire physics had its flaws, but it felt pretty natural anyway. But LFS beat them all.

I know you cannot judge driving physics by Videos, but is ACs physics more like LFS or does it go more the GTR route?
I don´t like the sounds of ACs cars, but if the physics are on par or even better than in LFS (which means that grip should feel natural no matter what speed you go, for example GTR had pretty bad low speed grip physics IMHO), I might grab it while it´s still in Early Access.

I´ve heard that the will release the Nordschleife in a big DLC pack together with 10 other cars and if you buy AC in early access you will also get a discount on that. But all this only makes sense when the physics are damn good. I don´t care much for graphics and sounds, but the physics must be near pefect.

Since this is the LFS forum, everyone here is familiar with the LFS physics and can compare, so I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks in advance!
If you like LFS physics, you'll like AC physics, simple as that.

No reason not to buy it now at -33% weekend sale.
Quote from buedi :I´m lurking in this thread for quite a few weeks now and I cannot decide if AC is for me or not.
I played nearly everything Sim related since the C64, was still in love with GPL when I played LFS for years, I also played all the GTR series, but the LFS physics were always the best for me. GPLs tire physics had its flaws, but it felt pretty natural anyway. But LFS beat them all.

I know you cannot judge driving physics by Videos, but is ACs physics more like LFS or does it go more the GTR route?
I don´t like the sounds of ACs cars, but if the physics are on par or even better than in LFS (which means that grip should feel natural no matter what speed you go, for example GTR had pretty bad low speed grip physics IMHO), I might grab it while it´s still in Early Access.

I´ve heard that the will release the Nordschleife in a big DLC pack together with 10 other cars and if you buy AC in early access you will also get a discount on that. But all this only makes sense when the physics are damn good. I don´t care much for graphics and sounds, but the physics must be near pefect.

Since this is the LFS forum, everyone here is familiar with the LFS physics and can compare, so I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks in advance!

NKP used to be the closest thing out there to LFS' quality tyre physics.

Assetto Corsa is an extension of this. It feels fantastic. The only "downside" I would say, is that LFS seems to simulate a whole environment rather well (wind moves trees and flags for instance), where Assetto Corsa seems more that your car is the only thing "living" in the environment.

It doesn't change how AC feels fantastic compared to every sim out there (and at least on par with LFS), but it's just an observation I've made.
now for 23,29 € you really should go for it.

ac was the first sim since lfs for me that felt really good right from the start.
even if the mp wont be as good as the lfs one, for that price you can do some funky hillclimb tracks (mods and so on) in funky cars soon, or joux plane now already.
Quote from buedi :I´m lurking in this thread for quite a few weeks now and I cannot decide if AC is for me or not.

I was active in LFS from March 2004 to Dec 2009 and was originally drawn to it in my search for real life physics in a simulator. LFS delivered this well but when packaged with great online features it was/is a great sim.

I waited a long time before giving iRacing (Dec 2009) a shot and did like it's physics which have advanced a lot in recent times. iRacings physics are quite good now for example in the low speed area but I have always still missed the feel that LFS has at above the limit but was willing to live with it as iRacing did a reasonable job there and did everything else well. (I miss LFS's pick-up racing feature though)

AC is the best of the bunch physics wise and if the online content is even half decent it will be my new home for the foreseeable future. I have hardly touched iRacing since downloading AC, although I have only limited time that I can spend on a sim each week (2 -4 hrs average/week).

In my opinion AC physics is currently where we all wanted LFS physics to be back in 2006-2008 I had to fiddle a bit with the wheel and screen set-up but once that was to my liking I am really enjoying the AC physics.

Get the FFB settings to your liking and ensure you are not getting screen lag and you will feel like your home away from home

PS. Thats a very good point Da Hoe makes above AC is the only sim I can jump into and I do not need 6 -12 laps or more to tune into the feel of the sim.

In any other sim I feel like I am continually driving over the limit until my brain adjusts (iRacing especially but LFS is similar) where in AC I go out and drive what I think is a fast lap then have to push harder - rather than back off. It doesn't mean AC is easier in fact a lot have stated that it is as hard or even harder to find the ultimate edge it just feels more natural in the way you build up to fast lap times.
The thing with iRacing is that the physics are so wrong/incomplete/non-useful when you are outside the limit. So to go fast, you have to "break" the physics by driving in an unrealistic manner to make sure that you don't break outside the limit and get into un-recoverable situations.

AC does handle the over-limit situations very well, like LFS does. All the "sims" that have been released in the last 6 years (rFactor, GTR, iRacing, etc) fail epically at that.
Quote :I cannot decide if AC is for me or not.
I played nearly everything Sim related since the C64

Those two sentences don't go very well together...
Quote from Crashgate3 :£10 off on Steam this weekend.

good news , I think I will take it tomorrow (23,..€)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The thing with iRacing is that the physics are so wrong/incomplete/non-useful when you are outside the limit. So to go fast, you have to "break" the physics by driving in an unrealistic manner to make sure that you don't break outside the limit and get into un-recoverable situations.

AC does handle the over-limit situations very well, like LFS does. All the "sims" that have been released in the last 6 years (rFactor, GTR, iRacing, etc) fail epically at that.

That makes a lot of sense, in iRacing I drive "breaking the physics" as you say to find the limit then drive just at that level or just below (driving by knowledge more than feel if you like) were with AC I can as many have said "lean on the tyres" and am driving as much by feel as knowledge.

Thats not to say I don't get feel in iRacing and at times I do feel at one with the car it just takes a heck of a lot more effort to feel that feeling in iRacing as the window of feeling grip and being utterly frustrated is so narrow. Where when you lose it in AC it is because you have obviously been pushing it too hard and leaning on those tyre too much.

LFS on the other hand has always felt good over the limit but perhaps a little to forgiving and the lead up to the limit has been perhaps a bit too smooth so that there is less feel overall than AC.

AC feels like it has that balance pretty spot on and along with excellent low speed grip it makes it the best driving experience physics wise I've experienced to date.

Excuse my rambling have been drinking while preparing a curry for dinner, I'll cease and desist now am really looking forward to what will happen with AC
over the coming months/years though if you haven't noticed
Quote from Keling :Those two sentences don't go very well together...

You´re right, if you put them both side by side
What I meant was that I think I´ve played everything which is called a Sim since that time. I did not skip many Simulators (iRacing for example, because I don´t like subscriptions) since the C64 time, and the one which hooked me up the longest and had the most believing Driving Physics up to today was LFS. And I don´t want to shell out money to take a step back.

But what I´ve read so far after my first post in this thread looks like I need to buy AC ASAP. Money spent... again... I hate you all so much

No, not really. Thanks everyone for your responses. It seems like AC is made for me, so I´ll pick it up while it´s still on sale. And when the Nordschleife is out maybe in a few months I think I have everything I need. Good physics, THE Track and a bunch of cars. Multiplayer or not, that alone will give me enough bang for the buck, I´m pretty sure
Buy it and get your own impression. But do not expect it to be like LFS. It is something different, maybe a step forward, maybe a step back, but it is definitely worth the 23€.
I don´t expect it to be the same experience (then I would not need to buy it anyway, right?)
I just expect brilliant physics, and some here seem to think it exactly has that. So I bought it a minute ago.
I don´t care for the missing Multiplayer (yet). I also don´t have too much time to spend playing, so I never really was competetive in Multiplayer. What I did the most with LFS, was jumping into a Car / Track combo and tried to go around the track as quick as possible, trying to drive on the edge and having a blast doing so.

Probably I can do that with AC too and it will include the Track I love the most and probably the only piece which was ever missing for me in LFS. Now I just need to find a bit time to install AC, tweak the sterring settings and hopefully the physics appeal to me

Oh, one more question: Do you guys log in to the Forums with your Steam Account or did you create a new one? I´m not sure what the up/downside of one method or the other is here.
Quote from buedi : Good physics, THE Track and a bunch of cars.

Nordschleife is lovely and all that, but it's been around so many sims in so many iterations it would be cool for AC to have a different "signature" track.

IOM TT Course would be cool and arguably better suited to the fastest cars. I also already have it memorised
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Nordschleife is lovely and all that, but it's been around so many sims in so many iterations it would be cool for AC to have a different "signature" track.

IOM TT Course would be cool and arguably better suited to the fastest cars. I also already have it memorised

Everyone can have his opinion of course. If this is yours that´s fine.
In my point of view I am sick of so called "Simulators" with the Nordschleife where I only had fun for minutes because of the bad physics. I hope AC changes this and I finally will have good physics paired with the Track I like so much.
Yes, TT would also be fantastic, so would be the Targa Florio. For those I go back to GPL still.

Also, the Nordschleife for me is not (only) about driving the insanely fast cars. I´d rather have some more Stock / slower and low grip cars like we have them in LFS for example (XF GTI, UFR, RB4 etc...), where you have to manage your energy on some parts (for example the right hander after the Ex-Mühle where it goes up the hill... if you waste your energy with a slower care on that corner you lose tons of time).

But as I said: Everyone can have his opinions. But I hope that the market can and will have something for everyone out there
buedi, i know all this hype about ac is making a proper lfs'er doubt ac's physics. Now once you finally decide that it's worth giving a go you'll understand that in ac you feel a well better connection with environment then in lfs.

Right, that doesn't really explain physics, here it goes to satisfy your urge to understand the base of ac physics before testing it out. Follows. You have a more realistic, more filtered ffb at disposal in ac. This will make you use stronger ffb in your settings and this will also make you go for a smoother drive. All this is in fact making it more realistic and in touch with the car.

Of course this still doesn't give any hint of physics, it's just environment, the car and the force feedback. Well, explaining physics if for Newton not me, so you'll have to give it a go to feel how the tire pushes into the ground anyway as a long time fellow LFS'er I'm by far satisfied with what AC's got for us in store and the amount of fun I'm having hotlapping is on par with LFS from many years ago.

One lovely feature AC has is whilst building the set there is almost a small guide to every lil part of the car what it does either way you turn the wicker.

Once again, don't get into this hype too much. Judge for yourself is it worth. If I was to rate it in simply physics department I'd say only that debounce of car from curbs needs little bit fixing to reach the level of LFS.

Hold on, here's an interesting comparison. It sort of feels like you've got slightly touch more grip in understeer and slightly touch less grip in oversteer compared to LFS and personally I feel this is more realistic from real life too. Karting every single car out there shouldn't really be the quickest way around as it is in LFS and AC does that brilliantly. And as extra bonus all the realistic tracks have realistic chicanes and realistic curbs everywhere so not every other corner a lacking curb will annoy you and again it brings us to the in touch with environment segment. So it goes on and on, round and round.

What is really the question when it comes to if it's worth the wile is the multiplayer that we're all so willingly awaiting since hotlapping is such beautiful GT cars and real tracks is magical and you've got the best AI at disposal to pass the time until then.

It's also lovely to get involved with all LFS'ers in here and many quick quys from other sims as well. AC might be very well bringing that leap forward that we all so very much deserve and you do not want to miss none of that. Take my word for it, you'll enjoy it for as long as you enjoy chasing laptimes and then for as long as you don't figure all the AI flaws and if you really like it until you find all lovely cars and figure the best of tracks and chase laptimes again and we're in the loop it goes round and round and this why we so very much love new content. Oh gosh I've wrote a novel here. Well if you've got this far, thanks for reading this. Was my pleasure to share this with you, because it is very very exciting this ac and you surely want some of that.
Quote from Storm_Cloud : I also already have it memorised

And how could you have done that? The only virtual versions are a shortened/scaled down Snaefell circuit anyway.
Quote from buedi :Everyone can have his opinion of course. If this is yours that´s fine.
In my point of view I am sick of so called "Simulators" with the Nordschleife where I only had fun for minutes because of the bad physics. I hope AC changes this and I finally will have good physics paired with the Track I like so much.
Yes, TT would also be fantastic, so would be the Targa Florio. For those I go back to GPL still.

Also, the Nordschleife for me is not (only) about driving the insanely fast cars. I´d rather have some more Stock / slower and low grip cars like we have them in LFS for example (XF GTI, UFR, RB4 etc...), where you have to manage your energy on some parts (for example the right hander after the Ex-Mühle where it goes up the hill... if you waste your energy with a slower care on that corner you lose tons of time).

But as I said: Everyone can have his opinions. But I hope that the market can and will have something for everyone out there

Not saying one or the other, just that everybody has the Nordschleife (which I still only truly enjoy in GPL), so having a "halo" track that no one else has would be a good USP.
God, I want to try this game out sooo bad! Too bad my PC is so outdated
Been watching AC videos lately. I really love the animations when it comes to cockpit view and sounds are just brilliant! If you guys have uploaded a new video with some AC action included, please let me know! Hotlap, drift, review videos..anything!
Quote from BlueFlame :And how could you have done that? The only virtual versions are a shortened/scaled down Snaefell circuit anyway.

There are also numerous full lap onboards / TV / helicopter laps available across different disciplines.
Quote from N I K I :buedi, i know all this hype[...]Well if you've got this far, thanks for reading this. Was my pleasure to share this with you, because it is very very exciting this ac and you surely want some of that.

Well, I´ve read it all, yes :-) And I appreciate it very much. I see you´ve driven a lot in LFS and you seem to be very enthusiastic about AC too.
The more I read here, the more confident I am that it was good to buy the license today.

Now I just need to buy some free time to try it out

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG