The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
I'm ****ing raging at this, just automatically turned on the PS3 on my day off and I'm ****ing banned from playing with any of my mates, can't get a race and I'm not doing missions myself like a pathetic ****. I can't get over this, it's GTA, a massive crime simulator full of mayhem and ****ing carnage, and I'm banned for using some sticky bombs that they built in to the game and let me buy. Tanks are going to completely pointless. What else are sticky bombs for other thank sticking them to cars and blowing them up? So the guy needs to pay $1k for a new car from the insurance, who cares? It was my mate anyway who is a boosting **** anyway, it's fine that he's level 50 from spamming a mission over and over but I'm level 40 legit and I'm the one who gets this bad sport shit.
They did state that if you blow up personal vehicles, you're going to be getting bad sport "points".

The game mechanic is there to prevent GTA 4 like griefing from happening. If it's only 48 hours, play something else for two days and be done with it?

If anything, it should be more strict.
Quote from Matrixi :They did state that if you blow up personal vehicles, you're going to be getting bad sport "points".

The game mechanic is there to prevent GTA 4 like griefing from happening. If it's only 48 hours, play something else for two days and be done with it?

If anything, it should be more strict.

We all know that you want flowers and fairies and no killing, everybody having a nice wave at each other as they drive by. **** off and play the sims, GTA is clearly not the game for you.

Oh no wait, it's only when it's against you that you get angry. Rob shops, cars, armored truck, but if anybody has the temerity to try and rob you of the money you robbed it's the worst thing in the world!!

Are you seriously saying it's right that I got banned for 48 hours for blowing up my boosting ****ing mates car a few times while we were talking away to each other having a good laugh?
Quote from DeKo :We all know that you want flowers and fairies and no killing, everybody having a nice wave at each other as they drive by. **** off and play the sims, GTA is clearly not the game for you.

Oh no wait, it's only when it's against you that you get angry. Rob shops, cars, armored truck, but if anybody has the temerity to try and rob you of the money you robbed it's the worst thing in the world!!

Are you seriously saying it's right that I got banned for 48 hours for blowing up my boosting ****ing mates car a few times while we were talking away to each other having a good laugh?

First of all, internet tough guy, U MAD LOL.

Secondly, I think it's fine to blow up cars and kill other people, as long as it's not griefing. As I said before, I make my money with hard work from NPCs/missions, not by being a dick and griefing.

Thirdly, nope I said nothing of the sort, just saying that it has been stated several times that the bad sport game mechanic is there. It's your own fault for doing it regardless. You also get a notification when you blow up a personal vehicle and gain bad sport points. No one to blame but yourself.
Wow, resorting as low as the Americans do with "U MAD" makes you the worst **** possible. You seem to have an inferiority complex, at no point was I being a tough guy, you made that up in your own head.

You clearly don't think it's OK to kill other people, you started crying and moaning that somebody had the balls to try and steal your hard robbed cash off of you, obviously a short memory.

At no point did it tell me that I was going to get a 48 hour hour ban, it says that nowhere. I saw the texts with a warning, but I was expecting a fine or an hour sin-bin tops, not 2 days.
Quote from DeKo :Wow, resorting as low as the Americans do with "U MAD" makes you the worst **** possible. You seem to have an inferiority complex, no point was I being a tough guy, just stating facts.

well, you are kind of mad
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from DeKo :Wow, resorting as low as the Americans do with "U MAD" makes you the worst **** possible. You seem to have an inferiority complex, at no point was I being a tough guy, you made that up in your own head.

It's a good thing swearing on a public forum is a sure-fire way to gain respect and act mature however.

Oh wait, was it the opposite. Hmm.
I haven't played much online, but I have to admit I find this system a bit weird. If you want to be in a team, join a team, if you don't want to be killed by others, enter passive mode, if you don't want to play with random strangers, you don't have to, but apart from that it should not be discouraged to take each other out (at least not in this way).
Enjoyed the single player story.
Enjoying the other side-missions and random events etc.
Online seemed meh. Other than a few years of LFS, I don't really get online gaming. AI may be bad, but real people are just awful - they either crash cars on purpose (in racing games), or should nonsense or swear words over headsets, or shoot for the sake of it. It's rare that you meet someone actually worth meeting online.

So I don't think I'll bother going back online for a while.
A lot of the problems could be solved by incorporating MMO style servers, PvP and PvE.

PvP would be the wild west that it is currently, but also take out the bad sport/good sport game mechanic from it.

PvE would be for us carebears who like doing things co-op style but still playing in a public session. Good sport/bad sport system with more strict rules would fit here.
Quote from Matrixi :It's a good thing swearing on a public forum is a sure-fire way to gain respect and act mature however.

Oh wait, was it the opposite. Hmm.

Are you one of those ****s that gets offended by swearing aswell? Man you really are a victim, swearing is part of the language over here, get over it.

Answer me this question, why are you offended by swearing? Because when you were a kid, someone told you that a particular combination of letters should be offensive. Ever thought of thinking for yourself?
We're on a public internet forum, not in Scotland.

Also, you can swear at me all you want, I'm not offended, all you're doing there is harming your own image by acting like a hotheaded child and making this place a more hostile forum to be in.
Quote from Matrixi :We're on a public internet forum, not in Scotland.

Also, you can swear at me all you want, I'm not offended, all you're doing there is harming your own image by acting like a hotheaded child and making this place a more hostile forum to be in.

This place is already ****ed and has been for years, we've got Racer spamming the place with conspiracies, full scale wars in the iracing topic, spammers everywhere, over zealous mods who delete any topic with a "where's S3?" question and the worst mix of people possible. So yeah, not like I'm lowering the tone any.

Also, who gives a **** what a bunch of randoms think of me online, if we were standing in a room it would be a different story.
Quote from DeKo :At no point did it tell me that I was going to get a 48 hour hour ban, it says that nowhere. I saw the texts with a warning, but I was expecting a fine or an hour sin-bin tops, not 2 days.

You're so mad you're moaning on 2 forums Never spotted the connection before.

As I said on the other forum, I understand the idea behind it but I disagree with it's implimentation. It does amuse me that you can kill your friend over and over and over again and all is good, destroy his car and its banhammer time! I better behave as I think I have had the final warning text about being a bad sport.
Yep, I'm ****ing raging . The only 2 days off I get where I get a real chance to hammer GTA and I cant play the game I paid for. I'm at Uni Monday - Thursday and work from Sunday - Thursday so i don't really get much time otherwise, although I have been hardly sleeping the last couple of weeks.
How i imagine Deko while reading his posts...

How old are you? Twelve? Calm down...
My hair actually looks like that just now, it's been too long since the last time I got a haircut. Nice find.
Mine too... but at least the GF has something to grab on to while i'm...

Makes me forget all about GTA...

I'm out...
Single player... I don't have much time for game playing, thus I am still just exploring and haven't done many of the missions. I'm just exploring around as Franklin while I leave Michael doing whatever he does while I'm Franklin (usually I check and he is sitting in his car somewhere.)

So, question about the safehouse garage. Franklin lives in a dump with his Aunt so he had the funds to pay a car payment on a brand new Dodge Charger (ugly as it is, especially in white.) Found out that there is a Toyota Hilux up in the hills! Hunted that down for Franklin and briefly saw there was rusty beat up ones and clean ones with bull bars and whatnot. Couldn't find a rusty one after first seeing it, so grabbed a clean one. Then upon hunting down a mountain bike to toss in the back, the parking lot near the cable car was full of the non-modded trucks.

So, now Franklin has a beat up old Toyota truck in his garage. How weird is it that he leaves a beat up old truck in the garage while his brand new $30,000 Dodge Charger sits out in the driveway in the ghetto? What happens if I switch it and put the Toyota out in the driveway and the Charger in the garage? I explore the map in the Toyota, but not wanting to lose and have to go find another Toy, I take the Charger when I go on a mission. Will I lose the Toy if I leave it in the driveway and put the Charger in the garage?

Wondering how you all drove around exploring the map, though I imagine most of you are just playing multiplayer now. Did you follow traffic laws and drive around slow while checking out the scenery? I'll give Michael the fast cars since he is rich, while I leave Franklin with the slow unmodified Toyota truck for map exploring. I'm loving just driving around, stopping at the lights in the city (though they are a bit long sometimes, perhaps that is realistic, I don't live anywhere near a big metropolis) while I look around at the buildings and listen to the people. When I get out on the freeways, I'm driving behind all the other cars slowly while checking out the views.

Conversely, my kids go for the fastest cars and drive around at top speed wrecking havoc all over the city. How did you all explore the map?

Also, I'm terrible at remembering the streets and the map, I couldn't do it with IV and just drive around knowing where I needed to go. Thus, this is one reason I am driving around as I would in real traffic and checking out all the visuals, so I can learn the map (IV was too dark and hard to see and always seemed to be night time, thus I never learned much of the street map.) Do you guys who probably play the games for longer durations than I do learn the map just from rushing around the game play or do you intentionally try to learn the map exploring around?

Curios about other folks and stats on the Rockstar Social club, so feel free to add my name, mrodgers83 there. I have no friends on the social club as I don't know any real people in real life who play these games.
Quote from mrodgers :What happens if I switch it and put the Toyota out in the driveway and the Charger in the garage? I explore the map in the Toyota, but not wanting to lose and have to go find another Toy, I take the Charger when I go on a mission.

Only cars parked in the garage will be saved. The Charger is Franks "charecter car" and will always be at your driveway/street. Also any modifications you install on it will stay and the car will respawn with them without having to pay for the impound lot.

Quote from mrodgers :Will I lose the Toy if I leave it in the driveway and put the Charger in the garage?

Yes. There's no point to put charecter cars in the garage, they will always spawn outside your house.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Once again R* are in trouble over music.

A rapper (I forgot who) is......well, DEMANDING R* DESTROY EVERY COPY OF V!!!!!!!! Is it 1982 again?

http://www.ign.com/articles/20 ... 5257e86ad9f5257f49000008#

I can see his point and let's assume he didn't get paid, why did they use his songs anyway?

$100 says he didn't read the fine print and when his check came in the mail 2 weeks later.... Yup, move along people.
Quote from jibber :How i imagine Deko while reading his posts...

How old are you? Twelve? Calm down...

+1...million
edit* he might be drunk, I use to brainlessly rage like than when I´ve had few drinks

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG