The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Matrixi :Upset? Read my post again. I'm disappointed at the level of parenting these days. The amount of 12 year old headset screamers in this game is mind boggling.

none of that was in your post you were only complaining about sombody trying to rob you which is what the game is about
You're talking out of your ass, plain and simple. With that mindset, Minecraft would be all about griefing, FPS games would be all about teamkilling. Playing with these kind of people gets pretty old when you have to confront them all the time, even the first moment you join online and spawn in the world.

Rockstar aren't grouping bad players together for no reason, it just sucks that they're thrown amongst nice players before getting the bad sport stamp and ditched with other ****s.
Quote from Matrixi :You're talking out of your ass, plain and simple. With that mindset, Minecraft would be all about griefing, FPS games would be all about teamkilling. Playing with these kind of people gets pretty old when you have to confront them all the time, even the first moment you join online and spawn in the world.

Rockstar aren't grouping bad players together for no reason, it just sucks that they're thrown amongst nice players before getting the bad sport stamp and ditched with other ****s.

Minecraft is about the building and mining, FPS games are about the competition. GTA is about absolutely free for all carnage, with as many crimes as possible. Your comparisons are well off. Complaining about being robbed in GTA because you had money from robbing shops and cars is really funny. You're going to be raging the next time I blow you away from my fighter jet.

The game is also designed to be played with friends, if you're a nigel no pals running about yourself you're always going to get grief. There are a lot of kids yeah, but just have your voice chat set to Crew + Friends, problem solved.
Quote from DeKo :GTA is about absolutely free for all carnage, with as many crimes as possible. Your comparisons are well off.

Is that why it has golf, tennis, and other non-aggressive missions too? Please, there's shitloads of ways to play this game that don't involve being a dick.

Quote from DeKo :Complaining about being robbed in GTA because you had money from robbing shops and cars is really funny. You're going to be raging the next time I blow you away from my fighter jet.

Difference is, I make my money off NPC's, not from other players by griefing. I guess you're one of those guys who sits at lowsec areas in EVE blasting ratting newbies on a Marauder with an alt.

Anyhow, my rant has clearly gone off rails quite a bit. I enjoy the online, but it needs more work to be thoroughly enjoyable.
its not griefing
crime is the entire point of the series
Quote from Matrixi :Is that why it has golf, tennis, and other non-aggressive missions too? Please, there's shitloads of ways to play this game that don't involve being a dick.

Difference is, I make my money off NPC's, not from other players by griefing. I guess you're one of those guys who sits at lowsec areas in EVE blasting ratting newbies on a Marauder with an alt.

Anyhow, my rant has clearly gone off rails quite a bit. I enjoy the online, but it needs more work to be thoroughly enjoyable.

OK you're right, because it has golf and tennis side missions, it isn't a massive crime simulator. The game is called Grand Theft Auto. It's not griefing at all, it's trying to steal your money which is stolen anyway. Obviously, if you like robbing Shops and cars but don't like people doing it back to you, this isn't a game for you. Is this your first ever GTA? How boring would Online be if everyone just gave each other a wave as they drove by, why not play Single Player?

I'm not one of those type of people, no. For a start, I've never played Eve or any MMORPGs really so your reference is lost on me. I'm not a griefer in games, I race clean enough in sims, I play fair in Cod and BF, and I wouldn't even think twice about killing you with my sawn off and stealing $15,000.
Quote from DeKo :OK you're right, because it has golf and tennis side missions, it isn't a massive crime simulator. The game is called Grand Theft Auto. It's not griefing at all, it's trying to steal your money which is stolen anyway. Obviously, if you like robbing Shops and cars but don't like people doing it back to you, this isn't a game for you. Is this your first ever GTA? How boring would Online be if everyone just gave each other a wave as they drove by, why not play Single Player?

I'm not one of those type of people, no. For a start, I've never played Eve or any MMORPGs really so your reference is lost on me. I'm not a griefer in games, I race clean enough in sims, I play fair in Cod and BF, and I wouldn't even think twice about killing you with my sawn off and stealing $15,000.

Well you come off quite bitter. I enjoy GTA multiplayer for co-op missions and heists with friends, if that thought never crossed your mind. That's right, a way to play GTA online with other people... without being a dick to everyone else! Marvelous concept really, perhaps give it a go. I do welcome you to try to rob me, many have tried and all have perished themself instead.

And no, this isn't my first GTA. The one released in 1997 was.
I assure you, I'm not the one who sounds bitter .
If you say so.
I killed my ex-wife, beat that!

Quote from Mustafur :Gulliver Baller SUV(looks like Range Rover) is the best car i have seen for selling its worth 9k

Just got 9.2k for it....

Almost, ALMOST have 40k, 1/10th of what I need for my ideal apartment.

Survived three 7k bounties too. How does the AI know it's me jacking their ride, manage to call Lester AND put a bounty on me in seconds, is there a magic technique I don't know about?

As for people whining about being killed, I had a 5k bounty on me, came out my garage, this guy shot me and collected it. I chased him down giving him the finger and he asked wtf I was doing. I told him I was giving him a LA how are you doing?

EDIT: Lolwut, Futo gets me 1337 if I ding it up. Right then.....
I got around 165K at the moment, saving for the 391K apartment as it has the best view. There's utility bills with apartments by the way ($125 a day) so you'll be draining your wallet if you buy many of them.
You can only own one property though. I managed to evade a 4* wanted level by using the train tracks. Problem is I can't borrow a car now to save my life....and I need 388k to get my 400k apt
Meh, I went and bought a 200k apartment because it's got the same interior as the 400k one, just a different view and location.

Now I've got another 120k saved as well, trying to decide what car to buy.
I'll take your 120k please, send it my way :P

I'd say go get the free Elegy if you can. Free stuff's always good
Ugh. My charecter just vanished. Had over 200K already and lvl 10.

Hoping it'll come back once the servers settle down (they seem to be really bad around this time) but I'm not holding my breath.
Still looks better than the console counterpart.
Quote from Bose321 :Still looks better than the console counterpart.

The pc version pre-order bonus will be a packet of sugar. Should take that bitterness right away.
Not bitter. I'm grateful for alpha testing the game for us.
my character is gone agian for the 2nd time, I can't be arsed to play it untill they fix it now.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG