The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Regarding car deformation (excuse the bad pics, can't be bothered with social club):

This was after driving the cars wrecklessly in the city for about 5 minutes each... the crashed trans-am in the last picture is damaged from a single rear end crash at medium speed (trans-am was standing still at a red light).

Not as bad as people say... of course if you upgrade the cars armor they won't look like this.
Quote from jibber :Regarding car deformation (excuse the bad pics, can't be bothered with social club):

This was after driving the cars wrecklessly in the city for about 5 minutes each... the crashed trans-am in the last picture is damaged from a single rear end crash at medium speed (trans-am was standing still at a red light).

Not as bad as people say... of course if you upgrade the cars armor they won't look like this.

It's like your playing another game to be honest... at full speed into a solid wall I get less damage here.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's like your playing another game to be honest... at full speed into a solid wall I get less damage here.

Quote from jibber :of course if you upgrade the cars armor they won't look like this

I think this might be the reason. If i drive a car that i've upgraded the armor, it gets almost no damage from collisions. Same with certain cars you steal on the streets, i guess they have upgraded armor sometimes.
Quote from jibber :I think this might be the reason. If i drive a car that i've upgraded the armor, it gets almost no damage from collisions. Same with certain cars you steal on the streets, i guess they have upgraded armor sometimes.

I'm talking with just a car found on the street. Ram it into another car or a wall head on and at most you get a loose bumper or a smashed headlight.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm talking with just a car found on the street. Ram it into another car or a wall head on and at most you get a loose bumper or a smashed headlight.

Did you read my last post?

I believe random cars on the street have random tuning, some of the upgraded armor, which results in almost no damage from collisions.
When I've fixed my car, paid off the debt to the people that have supplied parts, and finished the season, then I'm hoping to get this. Might add it to my Christmas wish list, by which time some of the annoying bugs/behaviours might have been patched/fixed.

I don't own enough games to be able to part exchange, and knowing my luck the ones I do have would be worth pennies.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm talking with just a car found on the street. Ram it into another car or a wall head on and at most you get a loose bumper or a smashed headlight.

I think the initial impact is the problem, when you throw your car off a cliff the damage is pretty heavy. Usually decent deformation and wheels getting stuck.

Quote from tristancliffe :snip

Wrong topic.
Quote from jibber :Did you read my last post?

I believe random cars on the street have random tuning, some of the upgraded armor, which results in almost no damage from collisions.

Yea but any car I drive has 0 damage. That's my point. Regardless of armour, the armour only helps for me to stop getting a locked wheel for a bit longer and allows for less inertia loss when hitting other vehicles.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea but any car I drive has 0 damage. That's my point. Regardless of armour, the armour only helps for me to stop getting a locked wheel for a bit longer and allows for less inertia loss when hitting other vehicles.

PIPA I will try to throw a car off a cliff.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea but any car I drive has 0 damage. That's my point. Regardless of armour, the armour only helps for me to stop getting a locked wheel for a bit longer and allows for less inertia loss when hitting other vehicles.

You're not driving fast enough...
Quote from jibber :You're not driving fast enough...

I'll record a video if I get time.
Quote from pipa :Wrong topic.

Is there another thread for discussing GTA V other than vehicle damage?
Took a few tries, but managed to steal a fighter jet for Trevor.

Is it possible to buy hangar spaces from the airport for both Michael and Franklin, or just one?
Edit: Just checked, it's possible.
Each character gets 1 hangar spot at the international airport (bought separately), but I think it's only planes you buy that go there, not ones you land there.
iThink
dunnon if this is a hoax, but:

obvious fake
Quote from Matrixi :Took a few tries, but managed to steal a fighter jet for Trevor.

Is it possible to buy hangar spaces from the airport for both Michael and Franklin, or just one?
Edit: Just checked, it's possible.

I tried 2 times with Trevor and the first one the engine just shut down when trying to land and couldnt get near the airfield... second time got blown up, and with Michael the same.
Must be some bug with some people's dmg. I nudge a moving train and i get insta wheel lockup and unrecognized car. I can only imagine how hitting one head on is like.
for me the cars are 10 times more rigid than GTA IV, indeed the wheels are locking more than on GTA IV, but the car is deforming MUCH less
Quote from ACCAkut :dunnon if this is a hoax, but:

Where is that house? Never seen it or entered it during the missions. Or are those screens taken at totally different times?
Quote from pipa :Where is that house? Never seen it or entered it during the missions. Or are those screens taken at totally different times?

no idea, just found that pic on 9gag. But I guess whoever made it just renamed some .exe to GTAV.exe and photoshop screenshots into it. The missing taskbar hints at that I think (and 600mb seem too little for the game)
That's Franklin's first safe house, his aunt's place.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG