The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Well I am perfectly fine with 50cc bikes and with the way they can provide cheap transport.

I just don't like plastic scooters, but everyone has their own free choice to make.
I do love old Vespa's though, apart from the 2 stroke noise I think they are quite cool.
Quote from FRZN-95 :From all the comments where you call a 50cc a coffee grinder which go 80-90km/h if it is jetted properly and will beat any 50cc geared bike in a flat straight, all you guys say is total crap.
Because in a city like London where filtering is allowed there is always traffic jams every day and if you are planing to ride around town there is nothing more needed and here those little coffee grinders are usually seen to out maneuver any big bike because they are little, agile and very nippy and people who call themselves true bikers or atleast have a passion about motorbikes should honestly respect the fact he is at the beginning of his riding career and after 2 or so years they will be on big bikes..
And then again it comes to the riders abilities.

I had the same opinion of scooters in general where i previously owned a Yamaha XJ6, and now im currently on a Aprilia SR50 R and im faster with it compared to the XJ6. Im sorry making such a big deal out of it but it bothers me so much where sods on the internet who have jumped on a big engined bikes have the decency to talk..

I'd rather own this one

It's much more awesome than those plastic scooters despite being slower, less comfortable, more noisy and less fuel efficient. Cool factor is a strong thing.
I say amen to to you sir.
Well. My intruder is in a zillion pieces. I'm really thinking of getting the frame painted. It's really sad. But at least the payoff is I'll pretty much have a new bike that you just can't buy.

.... I get all sorts of people walk up to me and talk about my bikes. Especially When I'm on Suzy and especially girls.
Anyways, my wife was watching 2 and a Half Men on TV as I was going past to get on the bike and gas it up. I stopped to look at the screen. Well there was a scene where Charlie Sheen was hitting on a girl in a bar. She looked at him and said, "I'm sorry. I don't have daddy issues". It was pretty funny. Well I go and get on the bike and go to the station.
While I'm gassing up, this totally hot looking girl - half my age - comes up to me and starts flirting. All I could think of was if she had "Daddy issues".

I gotta question for you crotch rocket riders. What's this I hear about putting a pencil under the passenger pad?
Is it true? And does it work?
Keeping the thread alive!!!!!
Anyways....
Guess who got their motor done (and $1943.76 poorer) on their outlaw bike?
Damn. I spent 4k US to buy this bike in 2006 (7?). I sank another 3 thousand into it not counting the work I did myself and the skull light. Man, with motorcycles, the money you save on gas you get to use on maintenance.
Oh well. I'm now broke, but who cares? I'm picking her up Saturday (Sunday in Aussie land). The first kid I see sittin like a frog on a hunk of plastic, I'm gonna blow his slip ons off (unless he's on a sport bike bigger than 900 CCs).
Man. I've been so spoiled by this Valkyrie... wind shield... Nice riding position... fat and comfy seat... It was so nice that I was actually looking at - gasp - Gold wings!
I'll try to get my son to record the motor. LOL after hearing it, all you crotch rocketeers will go and kick your rides. And you harley riders (are there any that play LFS???) will wonder why you blew off one of your kids' college education for your bike. LOL. Yeah, Suzy's REALLY that bad ass.
I think I'll leave out some of the details when I explain the bill to the wife though. Wives just don't seem to understand the need for more horse power.

@ omar:
Enough about me and my over inflated ego. How's your riding coming along?
Quote from Racer Y :I gotta question for you crotch rocket riders. What's this I hear about putting a pencil under the passenger pad?
Is it true? And does it work?

What are you on about?

Quote from Racer Y :The first kid I see sittin like a frog on a hunk of plastic, I'm gonna blow his slip ons off (unless he's on a sport bike bigger than 900 CCs).

I... what?

Even if you have the largest Suzuki Intruder model, stock HP is only 72HP (source), and who knows whether that's crank or wheel power. Even modified for more peak HP, I'm sure it doesn't make much more, especially being air-cooled.

Take the air-cooled Ducati motors for example. At 1100cc, they make 100HP stock according to Ducati, or around 85HP at the wheel (source).

Now let's take a look at your average "hunk of plastic." Liquid-cooled 600cc inline-4 producing ~105HP at the wheel is by far and away the most common sportbike configuration on the street.

So, you mean to tell us that you got significantly more than 105HP at the wheel from a motor that only makes 72HP stock, and, let's not forget, is air-cooled. Assuming your motor were essentially a Ducati 1400 (i.e. enlarged 1100) and HP scaled linearly with displacement, you might be able to get there. But let's be honest, both of those are massive assumptions. There's not a chance in hell you can get the same kind of state of tune out of a Suzuki cruiser motor as a Ducati.

And that's not even taking the enourmous heft of the Intruder into account.

Having said that, straightline stuff is boring anyway. I can guarantee the Intruder is awful around corners, with minimal cornering clearance and under-sprung suspension.

If all you want to do is go fast, get a sportbike. Straight lines, corners, it'll do them all. If all you want to do is brag about how much "faster" your cruiser is than a sportbike, I think you bought a cruiser for the wrong reason.
I'm pretty sure hes trolling.

Quote from Racer Y :
I'll try to get my son to record the motor. LOL after hearing it, all you crotch rocketeers will go and kick your rides.

Because he can't be serious.

anyway
looking at an f4i stuntbike this weekend, see how we go, providing engine is in good nick i may just find myself splattered all over the road sooner than expected
Quote from Racer Y :Keeping the thread alive!!!!!
Anyways....
Guess who got their motor done (and $1943.76 poorer) on their outlaw bike?
Damn. I spent 4k US to buy this bike in 2006 (7?). I sank another 3 thousand into it not counting the work I did myself and the skull light. Man, with motorcycles, the money you save on gas you get to use on maintenance.
Oh well. I'm now broke, but who cares? I'm picking her up Saturday (Sunday in Aussie land). The first kid I see sittin like a frog on a hunk of plastic, I'm gonna blow his slip ons off (unless he's on a sport bike bigger than 900 CCs).
Man. I've been so spoiled by this Valkyrie... wind shield... Nice riding position... fat and comfy seat... It was so nice that I was actually looking at - gasp - Gold wings!
I'll try to get my son to record the motor. LOL after hearing it, all you crotch rocketeers will go and kick your rides. And you harley riders (are there any that play LFS???) will wonder why you blew off one of your kids' college education for your bike. LOL. Yeah, Suzy's REALLY that bad ass.
I think I'll leave out some of the details when I explain the bill to the wife though. Wives just don't seem to understand the need for more horse power.

@ omar:

Sounds like you just spent $10,000 on a piece of shit. Congratulations.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Sounds like you just spent $10,000 on a piece of shit. Congratulations.

An enthusiast spends more on their project than others may think is sensible: Shock!
Whoo sarcasm
Quote from Racer Y :
@ omar:

Fine, i'm doing my CBT on saturday and getting it's MOT done today, i took it in yesterday for it's MOT but their brake testing machine packed up, but they said it will pass anyway. Riding to silverstone on sunday aswell for Trax.

this is how it's looking right now
Whats a Logteich?
New tyres, chain kit, oil, spark plug, and 2 tubes of chrome polish for the rims...

My sweet 3TB, bought it new 16 years ago (!)

Need to do something about the rusting heat protector though...
Attached images
Image2.jpg
Quote from Klutch :Whats a Logteich?

good question.

anyway, passed MOT with no advisories
man i hate people that dont tell the truth in for sale ads -_-

"nothing wrong with bike"
LOL **** YOUR FORK'S ARE ****ED.
Quote from Forbin :What are you on about?

I... what?

Even if you have the largest Suzuki Intruder model, stock HP is only 72HP (source), and who knows whether that's crank or wheel power. Even modified for more peak HP, I'm sure it doesn't make much more, especially being air-cooled.

Take the air-cooled Ducati motors for example. At 1100cc, they make 100HP stock according to Ducati, or around 85HP at the wheel (source).

Now let's take a look at your average "hunk of plastic." Liquid-cooled 600cc inline-4 producing ~105HP at the wheel is by far and away the most common sportbike configuration on the street.

So, you mean to tell us that you got significantly more than 105HP at the wheel from a motor that only makes 72HP stock, and, let's not forget, is air-cooled. Assuming your motor were essentially a Ducati 1400 (i.e. enlarged 1100) and HP scaled linearly with displacement, you might be able to get there. But let's be honest, both of those are massive assumptions. There's not a chance in hell you can get the same kind of state of tune out of a Suzuki cruiser motor as a Ducati.

And that's not even taking the enourmous heft of the Intruder into account.

Having said that, straightline stuff is boring anyway. I can guarantee the Intruder is awful around corners, with minimal cornering clearance and under-sprung suspension.

If all you want to do is go fast, get a sportbike. Straight lines, corners, it'll do them all. If all you want to do is brag about how much "faster" your cruiser is than a sportbike, I think you bought a cruiser for the wrong reason.

First off my bike is nowhere near stock. I think a stock 1400 was 60 something HP. They discontinued the 1400/s-83 last year. The 1400 was the fastest of Suzuki's cruiser line til the 109. But I've heard they put some sort of governor/rev limiter on the 109. I don't know how many HP's it has now. Also, It ain't water cooled. It's Air/oil. It has this little radiator looking thing in the front that's full of oil. I also don't know how fast it really is. After 95, the needle starts going all over the place and eventually buries itself on the high end. That says 120, but I know I'm moving along faster than 120. Not the 185 of a super bike, but still haulin ass.
I've beaten a Yamaha, Honda something (CRR?)... A kawasaki.. not a sport bike. Their muscle cruiser. I HAVE had my ass handed to me by a Monster, an Aprilla and a Lambo (car).
I don't start these races... well I did against the monster. These kids on their plastic coated in-lines see some idiot sitting on a hunk of chrome and they think old guy on a harley and an easy ego boost.
And I gotta admit the person on the Yamaha was one of those types with the stretched swing arm.
Yeah, I got a skinny little Avon on the front, Twisties aren't the bike's strong points. But you seriously underestimate my bike.
You need to realize, My 1400 only weighs in at 550lbs with all the fluids and a full tank of gas. That's less weight than a lot of sportbikes.
I need to remember you have no clue about humor and flat out BS and when I talk Shit, you take it serious.
I bet you look like Spock at a Chris Rock performance - huh?

+++++
Oh, to the Idiot that thinks I sank 10 grand on a "piece of shit"
I basically have a new bike. When I'm done, it will be UNIQUELY my bike.
You go and find ANY bike over 1000 cc's. Cruiser or Crotch rocket new, stock and crammed with all the emissions restrictions.
Then go thru all the hassles of getting rid of all that emissions crap and tell us what your total cost is. Hell, I've seen scooters costing 10 grand.
Yeah, I COULD'VE bought a new bike with what I've sunk into mine, but then I'd have to sink that much more into it to get the way I want it.
+++++++++++

Back to Forbin...
You don't know about the pencil? I thought someone was pulling my leg, but I've head about this from several crotch rocket riders.
I don't know if it works or not.
But they told me they put a pencil under the passenger pad in a way that gets their female passenger to orgasm while riding.
I dunno. I've had girls act funky (usually drunk) on the back of bikes and it was pretty hard to control at times. I'm not so sure I'd want that going on behind me while some fool was texting and weaving in the car next to me.
And my luck, that's what would happen.
Quote from Racer Y :I've beaten a Yamaha, Honda something (CRR?)... A kawasaki.. not a sport bike. Their muscle cruiser.

I don't doubt there are some really poor riders out there who don't know how to launch.

Case in point: an SV650 stomping all over a lot of 600 supersports off the line, in some cases despite a poor 1-2 shift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9-tlExWXc&t=3m18s

Quote from Racer Y :My 1400 only weighs in at 550lbs with all the fluids and a full tank of gas. That's less weight than a lot of sportbikes.

What sportbikes weigh over 550 lbs besides a Hayabusa (586) or ZX-14 (584), which aren't really a sportbikes anyway? They're too long and heavy.

http://images.motorcycle-usa.c ... ikesmackdown_weight2.jpeg
Aprilia RSV4 Factory: 451
BMW S1000RR: 456
Ducati Panigale S: 426
Honda CBR1000RR: 448
Kawasaki ZX-10R: 439
KTM RC8R: 449
Suzuki GSX-R1000: 448
Yamaha YZF-R1: 478

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/13_midweight_weight.jpg
Ducati 848 EVO: 433
Honda CBR600RR: 415
Kawasaki ZX-6R: 421
MV Agusta F3 675: 427
Suzuki GSX-R600: 417
Suzuki GSX-R750: 425
Triumph Daytona 675R: 422
Yamaha YZF-R6: 428
Quote from Forbin :I don't doubt there are some really poor riders out there who don't know how to launch.

Case in point: an SV650 stomping all over a lot of 600 supersports off the line, in some cases despite a poor 1-2 shift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9-tlExWXc&t=3m18s

I don't doubt there are some really poor riders out there who don't know how to launch.....
More like alot.
Lemme ask you something. HAven't you ever beat someone faster than you before?
Let's see there's poor starters, Then they ... I dunno - panic? And my "wins" were on a stretch of road that DID have curves to it. Only it also has bumps, holes, expansion joints and nasty grooves. I know where every one of these are because I take this route almost every day. So I also had home field advantage. Plus the road is three lanes wide. Instead of using the whole road, every last one tried to stay in their lane. No concept of a racing line. Just a fast bike.
Anyways I don't really like to race. It's kinda illegal. If i'm going to break the law, I want it to be worthwhile.

I got the bike back. It runs pretty good and doesn't spit oil on my pants leg. I still need to do a couple of things to it. I need to replace the diaphragms in the carbs.
They got little holes in them, that got a little bigger. They cost 100 each! that's an awful lot of money for a piece of plastic.

Hayabusa................ Is it just me? or is that bike just a little over-hyped?
And why is it when I see one, the rider looks like they weigh 400lbs?
Yeah, I never see a skinny person on a Hayabusa. I dunno. Maybe they need something that fast to get to the buffet?
I saw a guy the other day on Vespa with cow horns on it.
Quote from Racer Y :Hayabusa................ Is it just me? or is that bike just a little over-hyped?

It's only over hyped if you're part of A) the drag racing scene or B) the urban street riding scene, which likely has some overlap with the former.
my horsepowerless bike now has an identity crisis
went from 26x2.10 to 26x1.70

such a delight to ride considering i spend 90% of my time on paved surfaces these days

I will probably start a flamewar with this, but I simply don't care.
Since this is what you'd call my opinion which I am entitled to, just as much are you are to yours.

But the seat sure looks comfy wish my bike's seat had padding like that.
maybe you'll appreciate this more

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG