The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Not to forget the amount of swag that will add.
Quote from Dennis93 :Get some gears Omar, then come back with your so called 'bike'.

I just call them coffee grinders. They sound so ****ing annoying.
Tell me about it, sometimes when you try to sleep, then like 10 of them drive by full throttle, it's impossible to keep the window open, but you need to keep it open since it's so hot.
i'm so glad scooters are a rarity where i live
it has an engine and 2 wheels, i'd go geared if i could, but it's the only option for a 16 year old...
In aus you can get your motorcycle license at 16 and 6 months.
Or just ride unlicensed like most do lol..
Quote from Omar1 :it has an engine and 2 wheels, i'd go geared if i could, but it's the only option for a 16 year old...

Who cares if it has gears? Its not what you ride but how you ride it. I don't snub any bike slower/less powerful than mine, only riders who buy a fast bike then put a race exhaust on to talk shit down the pub.

Scooters are awesome!
Motorcycle snobs are the most boring people to talk to. Usually ponsing about in beer gardens in their full race leathers (unmarked) after their twice annual 5 mile ride out looking down their nose at anybody with anything less than a year old thousand cc sports bike. Then they make a racket as they leave, and wobble home with their knees sticking out at any opportunity, to tuck it away for another year. Ride twice a year, drive to a race meeting, bore you with bollocks about bikes all year.
Quote from andybarsblade :Who cares if it has gears? Its not what you ride but how you ride it. I don't snub any bike slower/less powerful than mine, only riders who buy a fast bike then put a race exhaust on to talk shit down the pub.

Scooters are awesome!

respect for you
Quote from sinbad :Motorcycle snobs are the most boring people to talk to. Usually ponsing about in beer gardens in their full race leathers (unmarked) after their twice annual 5 mile ride out looking down their nose at anybody with anything less than a year old thousand cc sports bike. Then they make a racket as they leave, and wobble home with their knees sticking out at any opportunity, to tuck it away for another year. Ride twice a year, drive to a race meeting, bore you with bollocks about bikes all year.

Yeah, it's them damned crotch-rocket riders that do that. You'd never see a cruiser acting like that. Never.......
I remember telling a mechanic friend that on Saturdays and Sundays when all the weekend warriors were zipping around in their subdivisions with their over chromed mortgage glides and Sons of Anarchy T-shirts, my ass was on the couch watching TV. I'll have to put up with them texting in their SUVs come Monday.
Most of those types won't "bore you with bollocks about bikes all year." because all they know about bikes is what their Harley dealer told them.

These restrictions on Bike CC.s that European countries do seems sort of stupid. Personally I think Omar's little scooter is more dangerous than most other motorcycles out there. Those little wheels don't like freeway speeds or potholes all that much. I haven't seen a scooting being ridden in the rain, but I imagine it's not any fun. I think smaller CC bikes are dangerous as well.
My first streetbike, a yamaha 250 is a good example. The front brake was suicidal to use. Downshifting was also a dangerous gamble. When down shifting, if you weren't spot on and I mean SPOT ON matching the revs, the bike would try to throw you. Even when you did hit it right, it would jerk like
a saddle bronc. Stopping that bike involved dropping it to neutral and hitting the back brake only.
LOL I was doing stoppies before stoppies were cool.

Me personally? I wouldn't go out of my way to own anything less than 1000cc.s, but not so much because of macho reasoning as much as because I'm a fat ass that goes long distances. Riding daily in Texas heat, I'd probably wear a little 500 or 650 out in about a half a day. Even though I must admit straddling a 1500 feels a bit more impressive than sitting on a 350.

I dunno. In a perfect world, people looking for a bike should research and find something more suited to them and what they really want to do with it. Unfortunately in the real world, most have to settle for what they can get.

prepare for hate:moped: :talktohan
Hate.
Quote from Omar1 :prepare for hate:moped: :talktohan

That's quite a chamber for a 50cc pot. Did you leave the standard cylinder in there? I guess it won't make too much of a difference with standard porting, fortunately you don't have to worry about power losses in the low rpm range.
Please, Omar1 don't be one of those "chavs" I se around my area on 50cc with a helmet and that was pretty much it, always have your gear on (by meaning at the least of it a armored jacket and gloves) you don't know how much you will appreciate those if an accident occurs (touch wood that it never happens to you). As a new rider please just observe the road be careful and not reckless, I ride 50cc to ride around London and it can be crazy depending where you live and traffic you face every day..

Ride Safe!
Quote from Billeh :Looks awsome Very clean!!

>>>> Yeah that guy Mark has more than a few bikes.
He has this ducati he wants fixed up a little.
They want me to make an emblem for it to put on the motor.
He has a Triumph bobber chopper that really looks cool. Leaky oil and all. I wonder if I can work a trade for it.

@ Omar: Don't forget your brain bucket and have fun. But BE CAREFUL.
(them damned scooters are dangerous as hell)
Quote from 5tag :That's quite a chamber for a 50cc pot. Did you leave the standard cylinder in there? I guess it won't make too much of a difference with standard porting, fortunately you don't have to worry about power losses in the low rpm range.

still 50cc

Quote from FRZN-95 :Please, Omar1 don't be one of those "chavs" I se around my area on 50cc with a helmet and that was pretty much it, always have your gear on (by meaning at the least of it a armored jacket and gloves) you don't know how much you will appreciate those if an accident occurs (touch wood that it never happens to you). As a new rider please just observe the road be careful and not reckless, I ride 50cc to ride around London and it can be crazy depending where you live and traffic you face every day..

Ride Safe!

don't worry, i've got protective gloves and a decent jacket, and i'll always ride in decent jeans!

Quote from Racer Y :
@ Omar: Don't forget your brain bucket and have fun. But BE CAREFUL.
(them damned scooters are dangerous as hell)

Quote from Omar1 : and i'll always ride in decent jeans!

Unless they're kevlar lined you might aswell just ride in shorts...
Quote from Klutch :Unless they're kevlar lined you might aswell just ride in shorts...

This is exactly what a complete idiot would say.
Standard jeans, no matter what quality rip as soon as you touch the asphalt...

go ahead and be a squid if you want, no skin off my legs when you drop it.
Quote from Klutch :Standard jeans, no matter what quality rip as soon as you touch the asphalt...

go ahead and be a squid if you want, no skin off my legs when you drop it.

I wear full gear and I will never wear anything else when riding my bike.
So why are you saying normal jeans are fine to use?
Quote from Klutch :So why are you saying normal jeans are fine to use?

No you implied that shorts offer the same level of protection as normal jeans.

This is a statement that I find to be quite shocking, and is probably wildly inaccurate.
Since common sense would lead me to believe something is better than nothing.

In other words some pants are better than almost no pants.

But that said I would at the least wear special kevlar trousers, some proper gloves a jacket and a full face helmet
From all the comments where you call a 50cc a coffee grinder which go 80-90km/h if it is jetted properly and will beat any 50cc geared bike in a flat straight, all you guys say is total crap.
Because in a city like London where filtering is allowed there is always traffic jams every day and if you are planing to ride around town there is nothing more needed and here those little coffee grinders are usually seen to out maneuver any big bike because they are little, agile and very nippy and people who call themselves true bikers or atleast have a passion about motorbikes should honestly respect the fact he is at the beginning of his riding career and after 2 or so years they will be on big bikes..
And then again it comes to the riders abilities.

I had the same opinion of scooters in general where i previously owned a Yamaha XJ6, and now im currently on a Aprilia SR50 R and im faster with it compared to the XJ6. Im sorry making such a big deal out of it but it bothers me so much where sods on the internet who have jumped on a big engined bikes have the decency to talk..

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG