The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from G!NhO :My boat cost around 2500 euro (maybe more) i think, imo better spend money than on a 5K bike.

I don't see the point of having a 5k bike, when you are not anything like a professional biker in whatever discipline.

but thats the point, thats only your opinion
why do you have a boat that costs X € when you arent professional... stupid question, isn't it?

You get what you pay for
But tbh comparing a boat to a bicycle is wrong.
saying money spent on a boat is money better spent, is also wrong
Quote from G!NhO :But tbh comparing a boat to a bicycle is wrong.

Yep lol you cant compare stupid boat, to freeride/downhill bike, it just make no sense. Boats are for fat or old ppl.

E: 3.5k euros for bike is pretty low, even for amateur user. Its just these bikes get abused badly, thats why components must be top to work. And dont mix professionals here , I can safely say pro downhill rider spends 7-10k euros per year for bike,gear,parts..etc So I suggest you stick to your 2.5k eu boat, which you sit in once a year.
This thread seems to have been swamped by those 2 wheeled pests I call bicylists! With their wibbly wobbly wheels, shaven legs and tight lyrca pants (on a man, what the..)

ANYWAY, surprised this place is still alive.

Is sporting the little screen to go on the flyscreen, stubby triumph levers, full GB Racing crash protection, matching orange radiator cowels, Michelin Pilot Power 2cts...I could go on. (Am getting carbon frame and swingarm covers, carbon seat and flyscreen soon)

Will have to post a more recent picture. (on my camera at home)

'cept it's at the dealers because it's broken (again, 2nd time). I've had it from new and put a little over 2000 miles on it since I got it on the 7th September 2010.
Attached images
Street.jpg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :'cept it's at the dealers because it's broken (again, 2nd time). I've had it from new and put a little over 2000 miles on it since I got it on the 7th September 2010.

Looks awesome! Whats breaking on it? You seem to be pissing money all over it with extras!
Something with the electrics/tracker/alarm. Keeps draining the battery which it was 'fixed' for, now it's back at the dealers getting a replacement tracker fitted.

Moar pics. Taken last saturday. It's how it looks right now.

As mentioned it's going to be getting some carbon bodywork when I get paid. Will look lovely. If I get my way, I'll have it back on Saturday, but doubt it. Likely will be sometime next week.

I actually miss it, I hate having to ride my FZS600 to work. I wanna be able to put another 500 miles or so on my Triple before I get oil and filter changed on it (early, every 2000 miles or so, schedule is 6000) and put away for winter.
First snow!!

I want snow too! It's still above zero here
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :First snow!!

Splendid bike fella! I love simple jump bikes. i'll post pics of mine up soon :up:
Quit it with the "S" word.
I usually like snow, but riding a scooter in the snow...I don't think that's something I should do.
I read this thread wrong, I thought it said post your Dike (a Dam)..laughing my ass off or LMAO
Quote from Forbin :Quit it with the "S" word.

I Agree. Enough with that word and while we are at it..I never liked that word

Call you that word..you Snot...

If you knew what it took to get Forbin to post.

Some dumb Ant.
Quote from aroX123 :you... want snow?

I hate it :|

And snow hates you!

Winter is going to be fun with my blue beast (my earlier post) !
ok, so here is the deal. i fell off my bike, freak accident. the back tire is really warped, and you can feel it in the pedals. fair enough, it is ridable, and still a nice bike. but it doesnt feel as solid as it did.

im thinking about buying a pretty nice frame, nice (not too nice) forks, seat, gears, brakes (disk of course), and everything else, and just piecing together a bike, that fits my needs, and save some money.

how much will i save? how hard will it be to get parts that are compatable? how long will it take for a first time bike full build? how hard to ajust everything just right? is it overall worth it?
Actually you don't save shit, you will just spend more money most likely.
Not hard if you know what you are doing.
Depends on the person doing, you also need right tools for it.
It's not hard to adjust everything.
Yes, if you are into biking. If not, no.
Quote from logitekg25 :ok, so here is the deal. i fell off my bike, freak accident. the back tire is really warped, and you can feel it in the pedals. fair enough, it is ridable, and still a nice bike. but it doesnt feel as solid as it did.

im thinking about buying a pretty nice frame, nice (not too nice) forks, seat, gears, brakes (disk of course), and everything else, and just piecing together a bike, that fits my needs, and save some money.

how much will i save? how hard will it be to get parts that are compatable? how long will it take for a first time bike full build? how hard to ajust everything just right? is it overall worth it?

First decide what bike you want, I mean what you wanna ride, is that a bike for grocery or a mtb,dj? When you tell what you want then we can help you.
can't you just true that wheel?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
one of my friends is pretty big into biking, and he said to go to pinkbike.com (something like that, i think thats it) and look around.

i want a hardtail bike that can handle jumps (not too high, but the occasional fall), wheelies, bunny hops, and the street (i dont think il have a problem with this :tilt

i know i want a nice light weight frame, pretty nice forks (spring tend to need grease too often, and then they feel too loose, and sometimes squeak), metal pedals (minor), good shifters, disk brakes, nice wide tires, and just an overall nice bike.

it is just a hobby, but i feel like it is growing more and more on me, and i feel like my bike is getting less and less safe

so my budget is probably overall around $500, id prefer to build, so i have a mindset to save money to buy parts for my bike, rather then saving up like $200, then taking the rest out of my bank to just buy a bike. (and it will keep me busy getting everything right, learning what goes into tuning a bike [i can figure it out], and getting everything to feel right.)
500$? Try again with 1000$...
U can get a used Dj with very good gear for under 500 eu. But for custom build make that twice. I give you my example , I payed 1600 eu for my bike, It was builded allready , I rided it one year stock , did just a tiny upgrades. But for next year i have plans for upgrades that will cost 2k eu and that is only front fork, rear schock and maybe new brakes..

E: And get your facts right pls , you wont save nothing with custom build. You only save if u buy fully build bike...
i dont want a dj, thats just what he said.. and i dont need great parts, i just need good parts. what should i run around? the bike i have has a nice frame, nice gears, and shifters, but its lacking great forks, and disk brakes.
What part don't you understand? 500$ on bike build, it will not be good, it will be shit.
even 1000$ isn't enough on a "good" bike. Building a DJ bike will be the cheapest option for sure.

what bike do you have? why would you want to build a completely new bike if you have great frame etc from old one?

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG