The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from ColGaddafi :huh? you have shit discs then or just shitty pads or both. cable operated are much much better in my opinion.

Quite possible, as it isn't the most expensive bike in the world. Fancy footing me a few bob to buy a new one? Oh no wait, our gov't seized all of your UK assets. Sucks to be you.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hydraulic are better, go away we don't want your advice you murderer.

Maybe the ones that costs 200€ (hope etc), but the less expensive ones works very randomly and needs to be taken care of all the time.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Quite possible, as it isn't the most expensive bike in the world. Fancy footing me a few bob to buy a new one? Oh no wait, our gov't seized all of your UK assets. Sucks to be you.

You can get good cable brakes for cheap. go for any hayes cable brakes and you will be satisfied. If you have already, then you just haven't got them right or/and pads have worn out.
Quote from ColGaddafi :You can get good cable brakes for cheap. go for any hayes cable brakes and you will be satisfied. If you have already, then you just haven't got them right or/and pads have worn out.

Could be the pads have worn out. They are a bit leggy now, the problem is I can't remember what it was like to ride when they were good. Will have to take a poke around in the day light.
Cable operated discs suck tbh, always go wrong and are less sensitive.
Maybe less sensitive but atleast don't require pumping the shit out of levers to get them work. I can easily lock the brakes with one finger without pushing hard, that's well sensitive enough for me.

My experience from fluid ones are pretty bad. Haven't tried expensive sets yet but the cheap ones sucks big time. Most of the time they dont even work,
you need to pump the shit out of the levers to make the fluid actually do its work (maybe it didnt have enough of fluid in it).

Cable brakes are much easier to set up and fix and they work if set up right.
Toot toot! What potholes?

Quote from ColGaddafi :
My experience from fluid ones are pretty bad. Haven't tried expensive sets yet but the cheap ones sucks big time

Enough said you get what you ay for with hydraulic brakes :X

tbh I don't use disc brakes. got my Magura HS33 Hydraulic and I love it. (it's also bombproof!)

And nice setup there Tom

Sadly, the Scott bike's grounded, except if I go to a bike park once in a leap year. The other one's strong enough to do most of my antics, too (enduro, some downhill, no 10m drops or stuff like that, I'm too old for that shit).

If the Scott had a granny gear, it wouldn't have been necessary to get the other one. The frame prohibits putting a regular derailleur on it. I'm however debating on whether I should put a Hammerschmidt on it or not, since I like it's suspension characteristics better.

--edit: Also, hydraulic brakes are fine. As long you don't want to spend less than 20 bucks on some.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Could be the pads have worn out. They are a bit leggy now, the problem is I can't remember what it was like to ride when they were good. Will have to take a poke around in the day light.

I really suggest you to get a proper bicycle, it always work as intended and is much better to ride.

Quote from ColGaddafi :Most of the time they dont even work,
you need to pump the shit out of the levers to make the fluid actually do its work (maybe it didnt have enough of fluid in it).

Cable brakes are much easier to set up and fix and they work if set up right.

Brakes must be filled with liquid, not with bubbles. Even cheap hydraulic brakes will work perfectly, until they dismantle while riding (not only cheap brakes fail, i've seen XT lever taking itself apart while riding on paved road, but that could have been cheap Chinese fake) . They are harder to be taken care of, i agree, but stopping power and sensitivity are worth it.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :Some shots of my bike which I had washed last weekend.

B E A U T I F U L . But is that 4 stroke 50cc? Isn't that a bit slow?

I've sold my Russian beast, I miss it . I'm saving money for Enduro, but even ancient ones are so damn expensive, compared to Russian junks
Quote from KiRmelius :I really suggest you to get a proper bicycle, it always work as intended and is much better to ride.

What falls into your definition of proper bicycle?
Quote from KiRmelius :

B E A U T I F U L . But is that 4 stroke 50cc? Isn't that a bit slow?

No not at all
I get to 60 KPH easily and it will go up to 92 KPH, when me and my friend will bolt on the 70cc engine.
Which I will buy from another good friend in the middle of march.

@P5YcHoM4N: Preferably something with an an engine that can get you over 60 KPH easily.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :What falls into your definition of proper bicycle?

Good bike is not food and should not be bought at supermarket. It mustn't have any no name cheap parts. If the bike is made by well known manufacturer, it is probably quite decent, manufacturers don't want to lose reputation by making crap bikes. Usually better bikes are more expensive. I used to ride a crap bike from grocery store, it was working, but when i bought a real bicycle, i realised what crap my old junk was. Weighed about 20kilos, gears weren't working as intended, because cables from bad quality steel got all rusted, brakes were squeeking, but not braking, because brake pads were made from recycled shoes and so on... Of course cheap bike can serve it's purpose, if you look after it well, but a proper bike ends that agony by working as intended.

uh huh, talking about pieces of metal is easier in native language

Quote from Chrisuu01 :No not at all
I get to 60 KPH easily and it will go up to 92 KPH, when me and my friend will bolt on the 70cc engine.
Which I will buy from another good friend in the middle of march.

@P5YcHoM4N: Preferably something with an an engine that can get you over 60 KPH easily.

60KPH isn't that hard to be reached by bicycle. 92KPH is really fast, but my old Izh was doing over 110KPH quite easily (i miss my bike ) . And yeah, two wheels and engine is a bit better than two wheels and no engine, but petrol prices are no fun
After a Russian bike, this is such a rocket, it's really frightening to ride it, but it's fun!
Attached images
IMGP0228.JPG

Old Faithfull
obviously not an actual photo of mine, but this is what i drive.
49 CCM, 3 HP, 45 km/h

but soon (if all goes well) i get one of these:

400 CCM, 32 HP, 140 km/h
and most important...i can drive it with a car license
Is the MP3 classified as a Car in Germany or are you allowed to drive any bike with a Car licence?
Quote from Highsider9 :Is the MP3 classified as a Car in Germany or are you allowed to drive any bike with a Car licence?

no, only this one counts as a car because of its double tires in front with a "big" width.
Any recommendations for a decent yet low cost MTB? Perhaps one that is good base for upgrading.

Just took my bike out to the local MTB track for the first time and i think i will kill it if i keep riding it there.

I realise "MTB" covers a lot of different types of bikes but just looking for any suggestions so i can do some research.

(i research a lot before throwing my cash at someone)

So far i have found these bikes that interest me:
2011 GT Avalanche 2 or 3
2006 Mongoose Amasa Comp.
2011 Marin Bolinas Ridge
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :obviously not an actual photo of mine, but this is what i drive.
49 CCM, 3 HP, 45 km/h
[IMG]http://www.si-zweirad.de/webseite/upload/fahrzeug-infos/050ccm/REX_RS460/REX_RS460_300px.jpg[/IG]

but soon (if all goes well) i get one of these:

[IMG]http://www.weidenkeller.de/images/modcolormodel185350it.jpg[/IG]

400 CCM, 32 HP, 140 km/h
and most important...i can drive it with a car license

You know, you could actually make the 125cc "add-on" for you B License and then you can ride a real bike, not that 3-wheeled whatever-that-is.
Quote from Stefani24 :You know, you could actually make the 125cc "add-on" for you B License and then you can ride a real bike, not that 3-wheeled whatever-that-is.

this license would cost me another 1k €....so no.
also, it would require to much time.
in the next two weeks i also start to make all truck licenses which will take more than enough time since i also gotta work
and btw, this "3 wheeler" is pretty fun to drive.
a workmate has on of these.
quick, stable and actually more safe due the 2 wheels in front.
It seems like it would roll really easily. I'm sure it doesn't though . Also if you want a 3 wheeler to use with a bike license get a Robin Reliant. At least you stay dry then
Quote from rich uk :It seems like it would roll really easily. I'm sure it doesn't though . Also if you want a 3 wheeler to use with a bike license get a Robin Reliant. At least you stay dry then

Or you can just get some textiles like all of the normal people.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :this license would cost me another 1k €....so no.
also, it would require to much time.
in the next two weeks i also start to make all truck licenses which will take more than enough time since i also gotta work
and btw, this "3 wheeler" is pretty fun to drive.
a workmate has on of these.
quick, stable and actually more safe due the 2 wheels in front.

1k? WAT? As far as I know my father, who did it just shortly, payed about 100€. The only downside to this is the limitation onto 80 km/h your law stupidly gives on the 125ers.
Pretty sure it wasn't much more than that. Also I can't believe this 3-wheeler is that much fun to drive, since you are missing out on one of the fun parts of motorcycling, namely, lying into turns. From the point of logic this i just not possible with having 3 wheel at front, and so you miss out on some fun imo.
Did you even bother to check out what it is?

Anyway, you can lean on MP3.

Edit: I also didn't read your last sentence. It's 2 wheels at the front, not 3. :P

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG