The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
"new" bike
My old 50 cc got trashed by some arsehole at a parking lot the entire frame was bended and engine caved in it was a total write of.
The guy responsible with his utter parking failure even tried to drive away.

But i now have bought this baby hope to get better luck with this old Honda beast
http://i305.photobucket.com/al ... n219/Chrisuu/DSC01864.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/al ... n219/Chrisuu/DSC01865.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/al ... n219/Chrisuu/DSC01866.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/al ... n219/Chrisuu/DSC01861.jpg
Chrisuu you really like old looking bikes don't you?

I found out that the previous owner of my bike had derestricted the original exhaust front end but never rejetted it. Causing my bike to not idle and always have to run on the choke. Sorted it out now, changed the 60 jet for a 85(82 is recommended but i didn't have one). Also made the air intake hole slightly bigger. Runs great now. Also resprayed the exhaust to a grey when i had it off, looks quite nice imo. Also a friend put some blue rimtape on my back wheel, im waiting to get some money to do the front wheel too.
One of my friends parked it infront of a garage though, and when the owner of the garage opened it, badoom my bike fell over, snapped clutch lever. I can still ride it but it's just a bit of a nuisance until i get a new one.
Also i seem to have a slight problem, my bike seems to slip itself into neutral every so often, also gets jammed in neutral causing me to have to slam down a gear to be able to kick it back up. Anybody have any clue what's causing this?

Attached images
DSC09651.JPG
DSC09653.jpg
DSC09660.JPG
Sounds like a worn transmission. The gears may not be worn but the engagement surfaces probably are. They could be rattling on the shafts, too, allowing the gears to work loose.
My new bike, before and after the first ride

Quote from Migz :Chrisuu you really like old looking bikes don't you?

Oh hell yeah!!! old school is the way to go for me at the moment doesnt mean i don't like modern styling, but a 50CC that looks like a MotoGP machine is just silly IMO.
If it looks like MotoGp machine or a Super-sports clas bike it should go like one to Like say +160 MPH .
my beast!

ahaha size dont matter does it?

Attached images
minimotome.jpg
Quote from Ales_M :Sweet santa cruz

Thanks, my second Santa Cruz now! doh! Got a 2007 Blur LT too, but haven't posted it up here yet. They both ride awesome (more than I can justify!).
Quote from mrbogeyman :Thanks, my second Santa Cruz now! doh! Got a 2007 Blur LT too, but haven't posted it up here yet. They both ride awesome (more than I can justify!).

I know they r blast to ride. Friend got v10 and its unbelivable bike.
FFFFFFFFFUUUU-

My bike wouldn't start, and I just found out that my carb is borked. Another €50 into the bottomless Aprilia money pit.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Oh hell yeah!!! old school is the way to go for me at the moment doesnt mean i don't like modern styling, but a 50CC that looks like a MotoGP machine is just silly IMO.
If it looks like MotoGp machine or a Super-sports clas bike it should go like one to Like say +160 MPH .

Ahah fair enough, i don't have anything against old style bikes but i'd never get one althoguh a friend of mine has a Suzuki TS which is 1980 something? And i like that.
I have a thing for laydowns, so smeh that it's 50cc, i can only ride a 50cc until im 17 in June and i wanted a laydown badly so i decided to just get one.
Eitherways once im finished with it it'll do a fair bit, going to put a full power pipe on it, racing clutch, 70cc kit, bigger carb possibly, sport air filter possibly, rejet the carb as well, new tyres + forks + rear sprocket + chain and then god knows what else i can do to make it faster. I'm not going to bother with the RS i bought anymore. Far too much effort and i'd end up completely out of pocket if i fixed that up. I'd rather have a bunch of money and spend about half on my XR6, then in a few months sell it on and buy a running RS125.

Quote from Forbin :Sounds like a worn transmission. The gears may not be worn but the engagement surfaces probably are. They could be rattling on the shafts, too, allowing the gears to work loose.

So when i get my racing clutch that won't fix it? By engagement surfaces im guessing you just mean the bits that connect to the clutch bassicly? Are they/it replaceable?
It's extremely embaressing when im riding along smoothly and then suddenly it jumps into neutral revs loudly, making me look like an idiot.
Quote from Migz :making me look like an idiot.

Hahaaa, I guess that's not only the gearbox' fault.
Quote from Migz :Ahah fair enough, i don't have anything against old style bikes but i'd never get one althoguh a friend of mine has a Suzuki TS which is 1980 something? And i like that.
I have a thing for laydowns, so smeh that it's 50cc, i can only ride a 50cc until im 17 in June and i wanted a laydown badly so i decided to just get one.
Eitherways once im finished with it it'll do a fair bit, going to put a full power pipe on it, racing clutch, 70cc kit, bigger carb possibly, sport air filter possibly, rejet the carb as well, new tyres + forks + rear sprocket + chain and then god knows what else i can do to make it faster. I'm not going to bother with the RS i bought anymore. Far too much effort and i'd end up completely out of pocket if i fixed that up. I'd rather have a bunch of money and spend about half on my XR6, then in a few months sell it on and buy a running RS125.

My advice: don't bother with upgrading the 50, just keep the money for a different bike. Or a car.

Quote from Migz :
Quote from Forbin :Sounds like a worn transmission. The gears may not be worn but the engagement surfaces probably are. They could be rattling on the shafts, too, allowing the gears to work loose.

So when i get my racing clutch that won't fix it? By engagement surfaces im guessing you just mean the bits that connect to the clutch bassicly? Are they/it replaceable?
It's extremely embaressing when im riding along smoothly and then suddenly it jumps into neutral revs loudly, making me look like an idiot.

No, it has nothing to do with the clutch.

The input and output transmission shafts have gears on them that are constantly meshed. The gears are selected by sliding a dog clutch into one of the gears so the gear and shaft are locked together. If the mating surfaces of this engagement are worn, the dog clutch can work loose and disengage. Likewise, if the gear is loose on the shaft, it can rattle the dog clutch loose.

2nd gear on first generation (1987-1993) Kawasaki GPZ500's were notorious for this through poor design. It was fixed in the second generation (1994+) design.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/transmission.htm
Quote :Originally Posted by DevilDare

Gorgeous

Thanks
Quote from Trev084 :Why not?

Already got a 250 that will hopefully last until i get my full license don't really need to waste money on another!

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG