The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
swag yolo
Quote from Forbin :I wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley regardless of its size, but I wouldn't tease anyone for buying one either, regardless of who they bought it from. For all you know she's one bad-ass woman, more so than you or any of your chittering friends. And even if she isn't, who cares? Does it really make your brother any less of a "man" for riding a bike he bought from a woman? Plenty of riders get killed because they were peer-pressured into buying a bike that is too much for their skill level, and I don't care who you are, riding skill knows no gender. I've seen plenty of damn fast women at the racetrack. Skill just takes time, not a penis.

Want to be a proper friend, let alone brother? Encourage your friends to buy smaller bikes and learn how to ride them properly before moving on to bigger bikes. As it is, you and your friends were just being jerks for no good reason. I certainly wouldn't call you my friend if that was your reaction to my buying a bike.

---

You know what the biggest performance upgrade is for a Harley? Rider training. You know what the second biggest performance upgrade is for a Harley? Smaller jets. People just dump more fuel in there expecting it to make more power like magic. It doesn't work that way.

Lighten up. If you saw it, you'd say it was a little bike. It doesn't make it any less of a bike, damned dude. Does EVERYTHING have to be that serious with you? Next time when you eat your cereal, try not to let anybody pee in it.
Smaller jets? Really? why not let it run a little lean. Where we live it's sea level. I know running as rich as what I do doesn't do too well up in the hills, but on the shore line? I think his bike has the big bore kit. What do they call it? a screaming eagle?
LOL you really have some issues. At the track.... just outta curiousity do you even have a clue about cross town commutes on the freeway during rush hour? Ever used an 18 wheeler for shade? Played dodge ball with texters?
Don't try and use your "track experience" as a soap box for that self righteous AMA article you just had to spout off with me - OK?
I know plenty of girls that ride and ride as hard as I do.
If I want to tease my brother, I'll tease my brother. Jesus Christ dude. maybe you should loosen your chin strap some.
Speaking of racing, some people I know are racing at pikes peak. One guy didn't do too bad last year.
I don't think any bike with a 573 lb curb weight can be considered small. And I have seen them before. A friend had one in college and it wasn't small.

Let's look at the dimensions of a 2013 XL1200C versus a 2006 SV650S:

Length
SV650S: 82.1"
XL1200C: 87.4"
Difference: 5.3"

Width
SV650S: 28.7"
XL1200C: 33.1"
Difference: 4.4"

Height
SV650S: 46.1"
XL1200C: 44.9"
Difference: -1.2"

Seat Height
SV650S: 31.5"
XL1200C: 27.9"
Difference: -3.6"

Ground Clearance
SV650S: 6.1"
XL1200C: 4.4"
Difference: -1.7"

Wheelbase
SV650S: 56.3"
XL1200C: 59.9"
Difference: 3.6"

Curb/Wet Weight
SV650S: 436 lb
XL1200C: 573 lb
Difference: 137 lb

Anyway, my point was you're basically pressuring him into buying something enourmous, regardless of whether or not that's what he wants.

(sources:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com ... 0CSportster1200Custom.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SV650)

Re: jetting. I think you'd be surprised how many Harleys can benefit from smaller jets. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think stock Harleys really run that lean from the factory, or at least not as lean as a lot of people think. A friend of mine, an old Harley enthusiast (he rode a 50's K bike around the country) and machine shop owner, made his friend's Harley run waaaaayy smoother by installing smaller jets.

Re: commuting. I've been riding for 10 years, most of that in New Jersey no less. Of course I know what traffic is like. What difference does that make to my statements? I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, I'm just telling you you're a douchebag and a misogynist for doing what you did.
Quote from Forbin :I don't think any bike with a 573 lb curb weight can be considered small. And I have seen them before. A friend had one in college and it wasn't small.

Let's look at the dimensions of a 2013 XL1200C versus a 2006 SV650S:

Length
SV650S: 82.1"
XL1200C: 87.4"
Difference: 5.3"

Width
SV650S: 28.7"
XL1200C: 33.1"
Difference: 4.4"

Height
SV650S: 46.1"
XL1200C: 44.9"
Difference: -1.2"

Seat Height
SV650S: 31.5"
XL1200C: 27.9"
Difference: -3.6"

Ground Clearance
SV650S: 6.1"
XL1200C: 4.4"
Difference: -1.7"

Wheelbase
SV650S: 56.3"
XL1200C: 59.9"
Difference: 3.6"

Curb/Wet Weight
SV650S: 436 lb
XL1200C: 573 lb
Difference: 137 lb

Anyway, my point was you're basically pressuring him into buying something enourmous, regardless of whether or not that's what he wants.

(sources:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com ... 0CSportster1200Custom.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SV650)

Re: jetting. I think you'd be surprised how many Harleys can benefit from smaller jets. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think stock Harleys really run that lean from the factory, or at least not as lean as a lot of people think. A friend of mine, an old Harley enthusiast (he rode a 50's K bike around the country) and machine shop owner, made his friend's Harley run waaaaayy smoother by installing smaller jets.

Re: commuting. I've been riding for 10 years, most of that in New Jersey no less. Of course I know what traffic is like. What difference does that make to my statements? I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, I'm just telling you you're a douchebag and a misogynist for doing what you did.

Man. you're anal...
The bike is Small. I don't care what the displacement is or the stock stats. Compared to a 650... OK it's bigger. Compared to my 1400, it actually weighs
more. compared to a Kawasaki 900 vulcan, it's smaller. Compared to a yamaha 750 bagger, it's smaller.
>>> Man you don't ever tease fellow riders? How do you ride with a stick that far up your ass?
When I used to go on poker runs, I told them they needed a guy on a rice burner to follow them around to pick up the pieces....
I've been riding for a very long time. I learned to ride on an XR-75 in the late 70's... did the stereotypical wheelies in the high school parking lot - and got in trouble for that... I got ran off the freeway in '87 by a semi that didn't see me. I didn't get any broken bones, but did get the fear of God put in me. throughout the 90's I didn't ride very much at all. Mostly, borrowed other folks bikes. I distinctly remember a friend's ninja 650 that was seriously neglected and almost got me killed. Using the front brakes turned it into a gas powered pogo stick. the forks eventually seized on him. Now days I've been riding hard core, day in/day out rain or shine for about 7 years.

Re harleys and re-jetting...
I'm like you towards harleys. I'm no big fan... even though I like the Wide Glides I don't really know all that much about them mechanically.
My bike, when it was stock, had crappy exhausts, little bitty jets, and the adjustment screws on the carbs plugged so that it would limit you to run so freaking lean you could grill off of it after about 15 minutes. They did/do that for California emissions. When you run drag pipes with no baffles, unless you like the sound of fourth of july picnics and crappy performance, you need to re jet.
I would imagine the same would hold true for Harley's once you start messing with the pipes.
I don't want a pissing contest with you either, I'm just saying you're coming off like a self-righteous prude. Grow a sense of humor. Hell, my brother even laughed at the joke. My co-worker, who is a woman that owns a street glide laughed at the joke. Why do you gotta come off like some overly fanatical AMA member about it?
just did some serious mountain biking with my MEC Chinook hardtail with a couple friends, they were impressed I kept it under control and didn't fall off. My chain snapped though, and I had to walk it back.
Less talking more pictures please
new grips
-
(Omar1) DELETED by Omar1
hahahahaha
I never thought the day would come...

I actually agree with Klutch on this. I'll try and recap his comment:

AAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAA!!

greetz

der butz
problem?
350 bucks for that abused and unesthetic bunch of plastic?

I'm glad I don't have to live in the GDR but there's a few things left over that aren't so bad...

(Cross-eye stereo)
Recommended to view in 2D when hungover

50cm³, runs 60 km/h on paper (depending on carb setting and with some mild exhaust mods it'll go up to 70 stock), no MOT, no taxes, under 60 EUR per year insurance, very reliable once you sorted out the usual problems, loads of cheap spare parts available and most of all:

Proper wheels, gears to shift and a half-decent riding position + "huge" 8.5 litre fuel tank.
Attached images
DSCF0565.jpg
my dad used to make em 80 cc, they were pretty fast back than
Quote from 5tag :

my brother had one of those, proper blast for what they are.

those old GDR bikes are special in Germany, because they are allowed to run 60km/h, all comparable bikes and scooters (by tax, regs and licence) must not run faster than 45km/h.
This is my steel with plastic stallion at the moment.

I have managed to repair it after a accident I had in May of this year.

A 1991 Kawasaki GPX 600R.

This is how the towing company delivered it to my home.
They said the right part of the fairing basically disintegrated on impact.
It just broke of when they towed it onto the truck.
Well, here is the one that I have just finished working on, at least at this stage:

that's pretty rad
My father's toys. He bought the RT a couple weeks ago. It's quicker than it looks.

2003 BMW F650GS (right)
2007 BMW R1200RT (left)
Attached images
IMAG0247[1].jpg
well, this is mine now, definitely considering it as a project
(needs a clean)

hahaha
Hi,
I am having a Hero Honda Pleasure scooter of lavender colour. I love my bike very much and i won't give it to anybody. I won't leave my home without my bike..Nice bike.I am a great fan of my bike.
Get some gears Omar, then come back with your so called 'bike'.
That's a bloody pizza delivery scooter, that's a mad project, you can respray it, replace the exhaust, take off the limiter and ride 70 km/h, and you'll be the maddest homie around.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG