The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Not all of it. Gamestop and those sort of places are a cancer (actually, an insult to cancer for associating it with Gamestop) on most gaming. They buy games off of people for like $10 (or $30 for a new, <1 month release) and then proceed to do absolutely nothing and resell it for like $30 or $50.

Screwing developers as they get NONE of that money, as Gamestop makes a bunch of money.

They do the same with consoles. Heres $100 for that Xbox 360 that you bought 10 minutes ago for $300. Then they sell it for $250 by doing basically nothing for it.

They're terrible.

Good point. But they can only be as terrible as the consumers let them. if the sheep would realize they could sell the system for more on craigslist or something, you'd see gamestop raising their offers.
As far as screwing developers...That's kinda like saying used car salesmen screw auto makers out of money ain't it?

I hear the crap they intend on pulling with this new X-box is going to put a dent in places like Game stop.
Quote from Racer Y :Good point. But they can only be as terrible as the consumers let them. if the sheep would realize they could sell the system for more on craigslist or something, you'd see gamestop raising their offers.
As far as screwing developers...That's kinda like saying used car salesmen screw auto makers out of money ain't it?

I hear the crap they intend on pulling with this new X-box is going to put a dent in places like Game stop.

Yes but M$ have backtracked on almost everything on the Xbone 180 so nobody even knows what the hell they are buying when it comes out.
Except it won't because Microsoft changed their game plan faster than a speeding bullet.
So have the next gen consoles basically had their release dates dictated (delayed) by Rockstar? Or is it just coincidence that this (probably biggest selling game of the generation) is only just being released in time?
There's no news about the so-called next gen versions yet. I would find it strange that they deny that all the time, and then suddenly announce it when the consoles are released.
No what I mean is that gta5 on this gen of consoles would be seriously undermined if the next gen had launched this summer or something.
Oh I see. I'm not sure about that. A lot of people even seem to buy a console for GTA V (), so I'm not sure if that would've mattered.
Quote from sinbad :No what I mean is that gta5 on this gen of consoles would be seriously undermined if the next gen had launched this summer or something.

Honestly, I think the opposite is going to happen. People could be so satisfied with GTA V that they won't see any reason to upgrade to the new consoles immediately.
As long as we're making things up I think that GTAV will also be an important launch title for the next generation of consoles, people disappointed with the game on 360 will be enticed by it being better on the new console.
Quote from Rappa Z :Honestly, I think the opposite is going to happen. People could be so satisfied with GTA V that they won't see any reason to upgrade to the new consoles immediately.

Exactly, and combined with BF4 also being released on the 360 I see no need to rush out and buy a new console!
If a little better graphics and 64 players are no reason.
Quote from Bose321 :If a little better graphics and 64 players are no reason.

Nothing new on the PC anyway, not like you to avoid pointing that out Bose.
I was talking about the 'next-gen' consoles.
Never stopped you before.
What are you talking about?
Trying too hard to start a flame war...
Quote from flymike91 :Trying too hard to start a flame war...

Trying too hard yeah, 2 sentences 10 seconds.
Quote from DeKo :Trying too hard yeah, 2 sentences 10 seconds.

it's not the quantity, it's the quality.
thats what she said
I hope car driving experience will be somewhat good. From what I've seen (one of the //official// gameplay videos), it seems like it could be something NFS-like. Imo GTA4 was the most fun to drive, even though every car would body roll like craaaap!
GTA4 was excellent to drive. The vehicles actually felt like they had mass. Going back to GTA3 feels terrible in comparison.
As long as the cars will have some weight in GTA V (Unlike in 3/VC/SA) then I'll be happy with it. Those three games were so annoying when you were driving along merrily and some random car does a sudden impossible turn at 90G's with infinite grip right in to you.
i prefer that gta drive...

that makes game so intersting/funny ...

do not change anything!
Quote from Matrixi :As long as the cars will have some weight in GTA V (Unlike in 3/VC/SA) then I'll be happy with it. Those three games were so annoying when you were driving along merrily and some random car does a sudden impossible turn at 90G's with infinite grip right in to you.

The cars with 90G's turning don't run player's physics until you hit them. This is not a "have some weight" problem.

I'm not sure why people keep saying "I can't feel the weight, bad physics" in driving games. If the model has no weight the car simply won't drive at all.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG