The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
you know how they say the most outspoken homophobics are the ones struggling the most to deny homophobic urges, i guess dustin really really wants iracing but he's forcing himself not to

after all why spend so much time discussing something he allegedly hates, i bet he's got lots of pictures and videos of iracing on a secret hard drive that he looks at "in the interests of research" behind locked doors when there's no one else in the house ?

he certainly seems to know a lot about something he's not interested in, maybe he's a secret iracer who's scared to come out of the closet
Yes, My consistent posts of dislike and hatred for iRacing is obviously a thinly veiled guise. It obviously means I love iRacing and hold an active subscription. That's why my "Dustin Dawes" profile has about 300 races a day because i'm always playing iRacing.

Get your head out of your ass. I have enough brain cells remaining to not resubscribe to iRacing. Maybe after a few concussions I'll have dropped beneath the required IQ threshold to keep paying iRacing for a poor sim.
me thinks he does deny too much
Quote from dawesdust_12 : That's why my "Dustin Dawes" profile has about 300 races a day because i'm always playing iRacing.

I thought you could only do a race every 2 hours. So that is mathematically impossiburu.
Hey Dustin you actually did 68 races. and 2 of those this year And that picture..... that you in the sports bra?
Quote from Bmxtwins :I thought you could only do a race every 2 hours. So that is mathematically impossiburu.

Well I obvs lurrrrve the iRental that I have 10 accounts!!!!

Or I used some hyperbole in my writing.

I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out the correct answer. (Hint for Americans: it's not the one where I say I love iRental. And Hyperbole means an exaggerated statement)

And yes, I look damn good in a bikini.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
Obviously sure no subscription would be best but what is it $10 a month if you buy it without an offer, i usually wait until im sent a renewal offer for $5 per month.. I cant even but 1 pint here for $5 (well maybr a cheap one) its really not that much.

Im not defending it totally as i would prefer no sub for sure but its hardly a lot of money. Plus you get all your seasons layed out for you etc and good cars, great tracks, sounds are getting really good (vette, lotus 79 eg) sure the physics are not as acurate as they can be but they are by no means undrivable.

The mclaren is probably the best car ive driven in iracing and thats the one i stick to but stilleven with questionable physics sometimes they only really show their head when you crash.

Ive had better racing experiences on iracing than i have since the stcc on lfs, sure you dont get to restart a race every 5 mins but by the time you finish a 45min race there is another just after.

Really cant see what the big fuss is.. And dustin, you know me.. Im not an iracing fanboy, but atm i just enjoy turning up to an iracing race having a good 45 min blast and then going through the replays, stats etc and by the time ive dont that there is another race ready to go.

Give the mclaren a try.
Quote from R3DMAN :Give the mclaren a try.

I did. I'm still never giving iRacing another penny, so I won't try it again.

I've tried to enjoy iRacing, I really have. I've subscribed several times, near the beginning, a few years back and the start of this year.

I'm genuinely not impressed with it. Lots of money flowed out of my pocket, yet my level of enjoyment was about on par with staring at a wall.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I did. I'm still never giving iRacing another penny, so I won't try it again.

I've tried to enjoy iRacing, I really have. I've subscribed several times, near the beginning, a few years back and the start of this year.

I'm genuinely not impressed with it. Lots of money flowed out of my pocket, yet my level of enjoyment was about on par with staring at a wall.

i guess i can understand that.

its a shame really because ive had some of the best racing ever on a sim in iracing.
Woop, getting there!

TonyG:

Quote :

weather panel will also will be available for test sessions. That way if going to host a session, you can go test first and see what you like and want to do etc.

What creeps me out about that panel is centered on the last line.....
yup, all they will say is they need the money to keep supplying the servers.
Have you guys never hosted a session?
I have. What's your point? My annual subscription and several hundred dollars worth of content licenses should pay for a hosted session, I think. But apparently it doesn't so I'm voting with my wallet and haven't resubbed for a while.
i never have.. why would i?

if i wanna race ill join some official races
Quote from atledreier :I have. What's your point? My annual subscription and several hundred dollars worth of content licenses should pay for a hosted session, I think. But apparently it doesn't so I'm voting with my wallet and haven't resubbed for a while.

Hosting a race every other week cost about the sane as an Lfs host for a league. I guess for long term commitment it is worse but for the hort term user this system is more cost efficient
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :It isn't subscription costs but the ridiculous amount I ended up spending on cars and tracks.

I found myself trying to justify it for a while but eventually you get to the point where you actually read your bank statements and realize what a massive waste of money and time iraping really is.

I agree, thats why I find ways to pay for my content
Quote from atledreier :I have. What's your point? My annual subscription and several hundred dollars worth of content licenses should pay for a hosted session, I think. But apparently it doesn't so I'm voting with my wallet and haven't resubbed for a while.

Don't be an smartass. The point was that you sounded so surprised that there was a cost to host a 4 hour session, it's been like that since the start of the sim, why would it suddenly creep you out if you have hosted before.
Quote from R3DMAN :i guess i can understand that.

its a shame really because ive had some of the best racing ever on a sim in iracing.

Which is incidental as in the last 6 months, I've had some of the best racing I've ever had in LFS. Even me starting leagues that I'd originally balk at because I would be scared of causing incidents all over.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Don't be an smartass. The point was that you sounded so surprised that there was a cost to host a 4 hour session, it's been like that since the start of the sim, why would it suddenly creep you out if you have hosted before.

Good thing I haffto pay per session I host on my dedicated server in LFS.

Oh wait...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Good thing I haffto pay per session I host on my dedicated server in LFS.

Oh wait...

and that is why we don't have little kiddo ddos wars in iRacing either.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG