The online racing simulator
And a fool.
The worst GT fanboys are the ones that say Forza is shit without having tried it, sure even now it still doesn't have the prestige or allure of GT, but the physics are 13958420986340968x better and the game makers actually cater for those of us who like particular car manufacturers and style types such as Euro/JDM etc

The fact you can take old muscle cars on Forza and make them look like a Trans-Am legend is what makes Forza instantly better than GT. I don't want the only mods I can make to a car to look like complete shit even with a performance advantage attatched.

If you notice GT is actually becoming more and more like Forza with the way it's UI and single player race network is laid out.
Quote from BlueFlame :The worst GT fanboys are the ones that say Forza is shit without having tried it, sure even now it still doesn't have the prestige or allure of GT, but the physics are 13958420986340968x better and the game makers actually cater for those of us who like particular car manufacturers and style types such as Euro/JDM etc

The fact you can take old muscle cars on Forza and make them look like a Trans-Am legend is what makes Forza instantly better than GT. I don't want the only mods I can make to a car to look like complete shit even with a performance advantage attatched.

If you notice GT is actually becoming more and more like Forza with the way it's UI and single player race network is laid out.

Physics on Forza are not better, for instance grass cant make a car suddenly stop as if its sand, and every car drives like its on ice even with slicks.

GT5 isn't at PC sim level but is vastly supiror to Forza who haven't modified their physics once since the First installment, and yes I have driven every single forza mainly for the good car collection and engine sounds but not much else.

Online lobbys are an Absolute joke on Forza too, everyone drives like a revenge wrecking nascar driver.
Quote from Mustafur :Physics on Forza are not better, for instance grass cant make a car suddenly stop as if its sand, and every car drives like its on ice even with slicks.

GT5 isn't at PC sim level but is vastly supiror to Forza who haven't modified their physics once since the First installment, and yes I have driven every single forza mainly for the good car collection and engine sounds but not much else.

Online lobbys are an Absolute joke on Forza too, everyone drives like a revenge wrecking nascar driver.

The physics you're refering to are to stop people from cutting the circuit, which yea, shouldn't be there, and if it has to be, it shouldn't be as OP as it is but the base physics are very good, you know when the car is starting to break traction on the rear even with a pad, but on GT5 even with a wheel you can't feel shit.
Forza vs GT5 with a wheel GT5 feels much better, opposite with a controller imo, they both are still horrible with a wheel compared to PC sims.
Quote from BlueFlame : but on GT5 even with a wheel you can't feel shit.

Then I think you may be doing it wrong... I have no problem detecting slip in GT5. I haven't tried Forza yes at M$ don't think Logitech wheels should work on the Xbox.
Quote from atledreier :Then I think you may be doing it wrong... ...

Second that. I've been a console hater all my life, but a year ago I decided to get PS3 + T500RS and I haven't played any other racing game since then.
I was also very surprised when I went to the nordschleife a couple of months ago and managed to drive the GT86 like if I had been doing it all my life, it was much closer to the game than I expected even though GT5 physics are definitely not the at top.
I'm taking my GT86 there in a few weeks. This makes me happy to hear! :-)
Quote from masternick :Forza vs GT5 with a wheel GT5 feels much better, opposite with a controller imo, they both are still horrible with a wheel compared to PC sims.

I agree with this except that GT5 feels better with a controller to me, as long as you have the sensitivity on 7.
GT5 FFB is rubbish imho. It's like they didn't want to confuse people with options, so they numbed it right down to remove any risk of anything weird happening and upsetting people that don't know what FFB can be like (like oscillation.) This combined with the compulsory 900degrees rotation on my wheel (which I don't like all that much on a sim with the best FFB) just kills it for me.

GT6 needs to offer complete control of FFB, rotation and deadzones if it wants to be taken at all seriously.
Quote from atledreier :I'm taking my GT86 there in a few weeks. This makes me happy to hear! :-)

Congrats, you'll have a blast!!
I must say though that the one I rented was wearing semi slick tires, race spec brake pads and half rollcage.
Quote from BlueFlame :The physics you're refering to are to stop people from cutting the circuit, which yea, shouldn't be there, and if it has to be, it shouldn't be as OP as it is but the base physics are very good, you know when the car is starting to break traction on the rear even with a pad, but on GT5 even with a wheel you can't feel shit.

I have no problem knowing when the car is breaking traction, I will say that drifting is much harder to do on GT5 though compared to Forza as even the average person could do full proper drifts on forza within 5 mins of trying, where on GT5 it would require weeks and proper set ups.

But the general lack of grip and Forza's lack of actually understanding the cars it puts on its game before putting stats that contradict it self shows poor form to me(for instance the Gap in top speed from the BMW M5 and M6 makes no sense since they are basically the same car), and their tracks are very poorly designed for the Real ones they get especially compared to GT5.
Quote from sinbad :I agree with this except that GT5 feels better with a controller to me, as long as you have the sensitivity on 7.
GT5 FFB is rubbish imho. It's like they didn't want to confuse people with options, so they numbed it right down to remove any risk of anything weird happening and upsetting people that don't know what FFB can be like (like oscillation.) This combined with the compulsory 900degrees rotation on my wheel (which I don't like all that much on a sim with the best FFB) just kills it for me.

GT6 needs to offer complete control of FFB, rotation and deadzones if it wants to be taken at all seriously.

It must be a pain for logitech users when you can not adjust those things. Luckily I have fanatec wheel so I can literally adjust all those things while driving (ffb strength, center deadzone, steering lock+ few others).
Quote from Mustafur :their tracks are very poorly designed for the Real ones they get especially compared to GT5.

This x1000. Forza's physics and car selection are good enough to have a bit of fun but some of the tracks are dreadful. It doesn't help that they have really been using the same track models since FM2. The most drastic example, sadly, is the Nurburgring.

Forza's ring is bad from the beginning. They choose some awful lighting, like they couldn't decide whether or not they wanted overcast or sunny. Whatever it is, it really washes out the colors of the track. Not that there is much anyway, because the textures are crap. I honestly think they just resized the textures they had from FM2. Then there's the track itself. It feels cartoony. It all seems a little wide, but I wouldn't really count this against it because I've never been there. What I will say is definitely wrong is the kerbs. They are ridiculous. Some of them are half a car wide. Combine this with the horrible looking textures, and its really pathetic.

When I play GT5, or even GT4 for that matter, I feel like I'm actually at the Nurburging. The corners are tight and bumpy, the kerbs are small and textured with rubber when appropriate. They even give you a nice sunny day to enjoy the circuit. I can't explain it, but everything just feels right. A feeling I've never had playing Forza.

Maybe I'm just talking shit though because, admittedly, I've never been actually there.
I find the biggest problem in Forza to be the floaty/hovery camera, somehow it doesn't deliver the feel of what the car is doing or where the wheels are actually pointing at.

That said, the numb FFB in GT5 is an equally bad enjoyment killer.
Quote from Rappa Z :
Maybe I'm just talking shit though because, admittedly, I've never been actually there.

It's no shit. I think i've seen soem behind the scenes footage on prologue for GT4 (or so) and there, they've said they filmed the whole track with onboard cameras to match the pov feeling. They also claim it to be accurate within a few centimeters, which would make it probably the best vitual version.

@ Mustafur, there certainly was an improvement in physic on FM1-FM2. In 1, pretty much every car over 400hp was undriveable, which was a lot better in FM2, as far as i remember that is.
Quote from Matrixi :
That said, the numb FFB in GT5 is an equally bad enjoyment killer.

Well glad I'm not the only one.
Well for me the biggest killer in GT5 was that when the wrong tyres were selected the car had way to much grip.

Hell I couldn't even get some cars to even slide.
This was the bigest killer for me trying to search tyres to fit the car and make it feel realistic.
While it should just be realistic always, whatever the: drivetrain layout, horsepower figure, weight, car length and tyre choise.

But in contrast 4wd cars in forza 3 and 4 are a laugh, the way they just seem to get of the line 10 times faster than any other drivetrain.
Even worse was that for some reason all race cars did was slide around, with no hope of actually controlling it.
Which is weird since in all of the pc sims I seem to cope just fine with making a racecar go around a corner in a relatively neat way.
I have a little problem. I tried to join online race, but got the "network incompatibility error". So i did some research, found out that my NAT is 2, so i should be fine. Tried some port forwarding too, but nothing threw different result and i kept getting the same error.

Is there anyone with the same problem and possible solution to it?
Quote from Kid222 :I have a little problem. I tried to join online race, but got the "network incompatibility error". So i did some research, found out that my NAT is 2, so i should be fine. Tried some port forwarding too, but nothing threw different result and i kept getting the same error.

Is there anyone with the same problem and possible solution to it?

I have same problem but im NAT 3, not sure how to fix it.
Maybe it is Europe problem. The Czechian and the Austrian.

*Australia

Besides I am only Nat 3 when using Wireless it changes to Nat 2 for me with a Wired connection.
aslong as the stupid over the top slipstream isnt in it ill be happy.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG