The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
NSX, S2000, latest Camaro, Ruf 3200S and 996, BMW M3 E46 and Z4M are the best cars to drive that I can recall in my opinion.
No idea about tuning, all my 320 cars are 100% stock, even tires.
Quote from Bose321 :Lol @ the above two images.

They managed to make the game look even worse. Oh well, they have leaves flying now.

Sadly agree, I hate oversaturated colors, blinding bloom and hdr.
Those effects could actually look good but I dont remember anyone using them in moderation.
Quote from Bose321 :Lol @ the above two images.

They managed to make the game look even worse. Oh well, they have leaves flying now.

Possibly, subjective, but it's mainly because these GT6 tracks have dynamic night/day cycles now and changing weather - on all tracks, I assume, unlike in GT5
GT5's Autumn ring was a "frozen" track before, with fixed lighting
You can see the time of day is different in the GT6 pic
Quote from Hyperactive :There are some massive differences in gt5 with the cars as well. Most cars understeer like brick and generally it is almost impossible to tune out the earth shattering understeer. Some other cars feel pretty decent though and while you can not really drive through a corner in small slip angle you can still push and the car responds with under or oversteer. S2000 with confort softs can be fun, the maclaren f1 gtr with some setup work and hard tiers can drive nicely and some other cars are fine too. Some of the cars are absolutely bizarre though like the formula cars.

A bit worried about the spinning comments though.

The guy later said he was able to get smooth laps, just the first few were not so. I think it's partly due to the noise and not being able to hear the RPM/revs and unfamilar track/physics

---

Quote :
What I can say, and please take with suitable scepticism or caution because I wasn't specifically trying to test this, earlier comments by myself have indicated that snap oversteer wasn't unusual but that was mostly the case during my earlier laps. After getting settled I can say that any time I lost the rear of the car at low speed was down to me being greedy with the throttle or careless with steering. Nothing was jumping out at me saying "wow that didn't take much to spin" while in the SLS, Dino, 370z or Countach. On the flip side, I didn't feel that during the chicane at the end of the lap, or turn 3 hairpin, that it was handling vastly differently to how I remember GT5, and the exit of turn 3 hairpin was the spot that I had the most incidents. The occasions where I felt the cars slowly letting go and I had some time to catch them were all at the last corner, but that was 3rd/4th gear typically. In turn 4, the very small left hander between the tight right handers, going over the kerb with too much throttle and steering angle did cause some drama.

Quote :
The handling seems to have been improved greatly over 5 (not that I ever had any serious criticisms of GT5 in this area). There seems to be a far greater feeling of weight transfer as you brake, turn in, and apply the throttle. The cars feel more responsive as a result, I drove the N24 GTR for some time (Lucas set a benchmark time, so I couldn't just leave it unchallenged...) and compared to how it feels in 5, the difference is very pronounced. This, combined with the heavier feedback of the Thrustmaster wheels that the rigs utilised, caused a spin or two at first!

Of course, I'm happy that Silverstone is now included in the game, but what excited me more were the fleeting details disclosed about the course maker. During his presentation, Kaz showed the aerial view of a village in Andalucia, explaining how a circuit could be created from the roads both within the village and the surrounding countryside. This will be such a welcome break from the rather anodyne circuits that could be created on 5, where scenery extended as far as an occasional tree, and no further.

A few questions were answered during the presentation:
http://www.gtplanet.net/kazuno ... o-6-standardpremium-cars/

Quote from Kazunori :We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn’t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we’ve updated so they look better.

That's a pretty lame trailer..
Please Boris, tell us what trailers and sims you've developed recently. You seem really really good at telling all of us that everything sucks, you must be some kind of super expert on all of these things!
Not sure if sarcasm
I see a lot of people complaining as if they can do better than the team developing GT6...too much butthurt it seems.
> Implying you can't criticise something if you're not making something similar.
Why people can't just enjoy it, instead of ranting about the only thing they have available?
Why don't people stop fighting with each other, and just peacefully live together?
60 FPS
Rear wheel lift on turn in
The Graphics remind me of Mario Kart.

I'm looking forward to pCars on the PS3, see how it compares to the 'graphics gem' called GT5/6, lol.
oh noes, its grafics are not uber lyke my PC i can't play thiss i mite understand wat fun is.
Quote from Mustafur :oh noes, its grafics are not uber lyke my PC i can't play thiss i mite understand wat fun is.

lol.
Quote from Bose321 :The Graphics remind me of Mario Kart.

I'm looking forward to pCars on the PS3, see how it compares to the 'graphics gem' called GT5/6, lol.

If your after graphics DriveClub on the PS4 is what you want....

http://i.minus.com/ibrWwxVIIJtsaW.gif
more 15mb gif files please!
Come on Boris, if your ps3 hadn't gone pop you would be going crazy!
Consoles are for toddlers.
Quote from sinbad :Come on Boris, if your ps3 hadn't gone pop you would be going crazy!

Not really Especially not for this GT5.5 The only thing it had going for me was a great Nordschleife, but AC will now have it too (if i'm not mistaken), laser scanned too

Btw these GIF's kill my browser, stop doing that shi* cool col

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG