The online racing simulator
Thats not a human being, that's a wax figure.
And also a man.
And incredibly ugly hands to boot. Poor doll.
fap time again.
This is the best darn race game out there...

..If you like 2 second input lag.
Quote from Bose321 :This is the best darn race game out there...

..If you like 2 second input lag.

These LCD TV do introduce quite a bit of lag though, nothing as snappy like my old Sony G520 CRT trinitron monitor
GT5 has bad steering lag in cockpit view too. But in bumper view it is much better.
I never use cockpit view in GT5 for that exact reason its anoying.
It needs to be fixed.

I Use the roof cam, instead.
Quote from CoolColJ :These LCD TV do introduce quite a bit of lag though, nothing as snappy like my old Sony G520 CRT trinitron monitor

If it's the display then the gear-changes and pedal traces would lag too, but they don't, and most games, like FPS or beat-em-ups especially would be unplayable with that kind of display latency, but they aren't.

I don't know why it does it, some kind of processing/smoothing of the movement which introduces this ridiculous lag, but it ruins the view even more than the under-rotation does. It's retarded

Just give an option to display an unsmoothed, responsive wheel with full rotation and no hands on it, or at least an option to turn it off and the cockpit view could become usable.
Why does the steering still only move 10 degrees both ways? Is it really that hard or something? pCARS has it since a while now, and even LFS. (and most other proper race games ofcourse)
A lot of the time it is indeed the screen / display which is responsible for severe input lag. GT5 definitely suffers from noticeable input lag, even with a responsive monitor, but playing it on most LCD TV's makes things massively worse. The last two years which I've made the GT Academy finals they have always used large TV's with huge amounts of lag...
Demo is up, at least I saw it in the PSN demo section
From 10:00 am (UTC+1.00). I know what to do this afternoon after work!!
Downloading, but it's super slow! Must... be... patient...
Just playing with the control pad, the road going 370z feels good, and is quite easy to drift - feels different to GT5
The track 370z is pretty twitchy, quite prone to snap back oversteer when you try and drift, and you go into a tank slapper - this reminds me how GT5 felt with even road cars

The Nissan Leaf rolls a lot!

I had fun abusing the cars to see the physics - might post a video capture later of my exploits
The suspension movement looks really good over the curbs and what not, maybe more realistic looking than any other driving I've seen/played so far - visually that is

Not liking the the jagged/flickering lines and the less dense/realistic looking smoke compared to GT5.
Interior is fairly dark
Played through all the content in the demo with gamepad and T500/TH8. Physics have improved, bodyroll and car behaviour in weight transfer in general is much more realistic now, it actually feels and looks pretty spot on at times.

Very low speed LSD behaviour is just as bad as it was in GT5 and full manual shifting with clutch still requires brain surgeon like precision for the gears to engage. Force feedback is also still lacking finesse and it still shares the numb overall feel of the GT5 FFB.

GT6 should be a decent improvement over GT5 overall, nothing revolutionary.

Edit: The AI is now extremely skilled at avoiding static objects! Made a video.
You can defenately feel improvement but it is nothing revolutionary. Cars are more controllable when sliding, the cars don't just snap into spin so easily as before and the tankslapper effect is much less pronounced. Still understeery and the front tends to washout mid turn but it is much less issue than with gt5. Overall the cars are more fun to drive but still not as neutral as I'd expect at times. Getting the car to rotate into turns without brakes is difficult. I'd imagine this will vary a lot as some cars in gt5 were quite decent while others basically had wooden front tires.

Sounds are meh, I dont think the 370z or whatever sounds nice but it is not bad either. But the modern silverstone track is AWESOME! All the changes to the track they have made have made the track more fun to drive. I mean the real changes to the real track. Awesome long opening corners, nice long braking corner entries, few fast turns. I've never been a fan of silverstone and this is the first time I've really driven the newer than iracing version of it. It is amazing!

Just three cars in the demo, one is some electric box of turd, one is the 370z and then there is the, well you know, what car there always is in gt game.
I think if you don't have GT5 and want a GT game, GT6 might be good, otherwise it's up to you, if you want to invest into it. I guess it'll be worth it later, when more of the tracks come out and they make another special edition with DLC's. But that's just my guess. Sounds are a slight improvement, but if it's gonna be ok at all cars in full game, who knows. Physics are better, the bodyroll at Leaf caught me totally unprepared, but the overall handling is close to GT5, though it's bit better.

I still don't get how the FFB can be so strong; maybe to compensate for the numbness, but even on weakest setting it's unbearable, after 1 hour i had to take a break, because my arms hurt.
WTF is it possible to switch from MPh to KMH? And also, is there a way to use manual clutch in the Academy? I've been driven normally in the Sunday Cups but in the Academy the clutch is auto and it really sucks...
Auto clutch only in the actual time trials.
That's what I hate about GT. I have their official wheel + the TH8 RS and I can't enjoy it in the trials. Isn't this supposed to be the real driving simulator? Come on... It's ok to give support for people playing with pads or wheels with no shifter, but don't ruin the experience of the ones who support their products.
Oh and BTW, the game does not run that smooth, no way it's running at 60fps

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG