The online racing simulator
Quote from Rappa Z :This x1000. Forza's physics and car selection are good enough to have a bit of fun but some of the tracks are dreadful. It doesn't help that they have really been using the same track models since FM2. The most drastic example, sadly, is the Nurburgring.

Forza's ring is bad from the beginning. They choose some awful lighting, like they couldn't decide whether or not they wanted overcast or sunny. Whatever it is, it really washes out the colors of the track. Not that there is much anyway, because the textures are crap. I honestly think they just resized the textures they had from FM2. Then there's the track itself. It feels cartoony. It all seems a little wide, but I wouldn't really count this against it because I've never been there. What I will say is definitely wrong is the kerbs. They are ridiculous. Some of them are half a car wide. Combine this with the horrible looking textures, and its really pathetic.

When I play GT5, or even GT4 for that matter, I feel like I'm actually at the Nurburging. The corners are tight and bumpy, the kerbs are small and textured with rubber when appropriate. They even give you a nice sunny day to enjoy the circuit. I can't explain it, but everything just feels right. A feeling I've never had playing Forza.

Maybe I'm just talking shit though because, admittedly, I've never been actually there.

For what it's worth:

Quote :The guys that operate the driving school at the real ring, they say that gt5 ring version is the best available.
I'll take their word regarding nurburgring everytime against some game reviewer or pc sim fanatic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh ... 723533&postcount=1434
GT6 trailer from E3

see 0:47 mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoZAPDV3ew

I see Willow Springs

Edit -
official extended HD version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X4FCyI1SlM

Can't wait to see what GT6's Bathurst looks like!

New Photomode depth of field looks way better

New Fantasy track - looks like a mountain touge road

Autumn Ring time of day change - confirmed

That new lighting! Suzuka looks much nicer
that new Fantasy track, that mountain in the back is the Matterhorn. Its too far away from the Eiger to be a simple enhancement to the existing Eiger Nordwand track.

and Willow Springs looks great, hope they include the other layouts aswell, not just the main track.

Photomode .. couldn't care less
Well I guess you don't want to take any pics of your pimped up rides?
If GT6 has greatly expanded customisation and a livery editor....

official page
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4937863.html?t=gt6

By the way this is worded, the other variants should be there

Quote :Of its many layouts, the circuit we are introducing this time is the main course, the “Big Willow”. At 2.5 miles per lap, it is known for its high speed corners and undulating terrain.

I heard you really like the GT series CoolCol..
Quote from CoolColJ :Well I guess you don't want to take any pics of your pimped up rides?

Of course not! Why would I buy a racing game to take photos of cars which aren't real? Photomode in GT5 is the biggest cock-up idea they ever had, and the way the kids go mad for total bullshot (trademarked: Boris) pictures is mental. GT5 looks nowhere near as good in game as it does in the pictures, but at least a picture of a race tells a story, there's a point to it. The "Photo-Travel" locations really make me think that everyone else on the planet is insane. The idea that people would want (instead of a track to actually drive on) a landscape or setting in which to take pictures of cars which aren't real; Mind blowing.
All it proves to me is that GT5 is not much good as a driving game. People want to take all the driving part out of the equation.

Couldn't care any less at all about a livery editor either, but again at least there is a point to it
Quote from Andromeda Device :For what it's worth:
Quote :The guys that operate the driving school at the real ring, they say that gt5 ring version is the best available.
I'll take their word regarding nurburgring everytime against some game reviewer or pc sim fanatic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh ... 723533&postcount=1434

The link returns a 504.

Did they mention if it's because of the general geometry accuracy, surface detail, track side environment, graphics, or something else?

I also fail to understand all the hype when it comes to "The Ring". It's just an over-sized track designed in 1960s with yestercentury's safety standard which caters to people in their adolescence. Why the hype?

Because it's narrow. It's long and has a lot of variety in corners. Fast sweepers, slow hairpins, banked corners.

It pretty much has every type of corner one could imagine, along with the difficulty of being narrow where 1 mistake can be the end of your event.

There's no other track that has that much variety.

DirectTV logo on the satellite dish. So hilarious
Quote from sinbad :Of course not! Why would I buy a racing game to take photos of cars which aren't real? Photomode in GT5 is the biggest cock-up idea they ever had, and the way the kids go mad for total bullshot (trademarked: Boris) pictures is mental. GT5 looks nowhere near as good in game as it does in the pictures, but at least a picture of a race tells a story, there's a point to it. The "Photo-Travel" locations really make me think that everyone else on the planet is insane. The idea that people would want (instead of a track to actually drive on) a landscape or setting in which to take pictures of cars which aren't real; Mind blowing.
All it proves to me is that GT5 is not much good as a driving game. People want to take all the driving part out of the equation.

Couldn't care any less at all about a livery editor either, but again at least there is a point to it

GT5 can look pretty realistic in certain lighting conditions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRBlQLBUg5Y

Quote from sinbad :and the way the kids go mad for total bullshot (trademarked: Boris) pictures is mental.

I don't get my reference
Willow Springs looks good - you can do a bit of off roading
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6J-7WbAOAk
Deltawing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=hHA9lPK4SY4

Autoblog liked the physics as well

Quote :
As is the franchise's wont, the physics behind car and track are powerfully realistic in GT6. Developers worked with Yokohama on a new tire model, KW Automotive on a new suspension model and refined the aerodynamic model to boot. The result, at least in our ten minutes at the helm, is remarkably true to life; satisfying to get right, and sometimes quite frustrating during the hard bits.

They like the "new" physics every time I guess.
The physics engine is obviously still the same old, just somewhat tweaked. It's as clear as daylight when those players lose the control and tankslapper off the track - car behaviour is EXACTLY the same as in GT5.
Quote from Keling :..."The Ring". It's just an over-sized track designed in 1960s with yestercentury's safety standard which caters to people in their adolescence. Why the hype? 

:ices_rofl Do yourself a favour, go there and drive a couple of laps (I mean in real life, of course). You will definitely understand the hype,
still that wooden feeling, overly stiff and overly sharp
GT6 looks even worse when it's being played by someone that sucks.
Quote from sinbad :Of course not! Why would I buy a racing game to take photos of cars which aren't real? Photomode in GT5 is the biggest cock-up idea they ever had, and the way the kids go mad for total bullshot (trademarked: Boris) pictures is mental. GT5 looks nowhere near as good in game as it does in the pictures, but at least a picture of a race tells a story, there's a point to it. The "Photo-Travel" locations really make me think that everyone else on the planet is insane. The idea that people would want (instead of a track to actually drive on) a landscape or setting in which to take pictures of cars which aren't real; Mind blowing.

Ditto, Photomode is the biggest waste of disk space going. Give me more tracks and cars or tuning options than that pimped up rubbish.
Quote from JJ72 :still that wooden feeling, overly stiff and overly sharp

Sounds like the first release version of nkpro
New garage screen is a lot more streamlined

Been playing GT5 a bit after a year long break, started with a fresh savegame. Photo mode is surprisingly entertaining again.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG