hopefully all the cars will have proper interiors modeled in gt6. I am looking forward to trying the overhauled physics and graphics. GT5 was very disappointing physics wise, and there are a few annoying graphical bugs
I will most probably get this on the release date just like I did with gt5. Despite the obvious shortcomings I've played gt5 more than any other racing game in the past 3 years and personally I just love it when you can jump into an online race without any practise and just get on with it.
Looking at that xbow vid my only concern at the moment is the lack of bonnet view. The cockpit view in gt5 was always unplayable for me because of the low fps, slow responsiveness of the car, random rubber neck movement and general lack of feedback about what the car was doing.
I really hope pd will bring back some of the classic gt tracks from earlier versions. Like, Special Stage R11, rome, seattle, apricot hill, red rock valley, midfield and el capitan.
I never liked consoles and never considered GT5 as a real sim, but a year ago I couldn't resist the temptation to get T500RS + TH8RS Shifter + Speedmasters V2 cockpit + GT5 + PS3 to drive and collect all the Japanese cars that I love. Even though the game has some really annoying things, the overall experience has been great, and after almost a year and more than 20.000km, I'm still enjoying it.
Changes that I would love to see:
- No more standard cars, just premium
- Proper audio, especially engine sounds. I don't give a damn if the current ones are recorded from the engine bay, most of them sound like shit.
- Proper AI that allows you to have proper races. You start last at 60 seconds from the first car... is that what you call close racing?
- Faster and cleaner menu system. It feels so laggish, every time you press X takes few seconds for the action to happen, making all the navigation too slow.
- Rally is a joke. Please, either re-do it from scratch or simply remove it from the game. No need to explain why.
- Proper simulation of the clutch and please, fix this annoying thing that you misshift when shifting up too quickly while hitting the rev limiter.
- Driving aids only on the cars that have them for real. For example, not possible to activate ABS in a Caterham or stability control in a Countach.
- Proper body roll, especially pitching. In GT5 looks like slow motion and there is some delay when and after braking.
- Proper graphic car damage, and you have to fix it or the car would be in the same condition for the next race.
- More international cars instead of 35 versions of the Mazda MX5... there are some cars missing that just can not be missing.
- Support for triple screen without needing 3 consoles...
- And of course a bit more hardcore in overall
For the rest, just the expected improvements from a new title: physiscs, graphics, force feedback and so on.
Regarding the cockpit view, I think it looks cool but is just wrong. My steering wheel is my real steering wheel and my dashboard is my desk/cockpit, so what I see on my screen is supposed to be what I see through the windshield... I use the bumper camera, but the ideal would be the postion of the dashboard camera with no dashboard. Anyway, custom cameras just like LFS would be great.
Judging from that X-Bow video the sound still makes every car sound like a vacuum cleaner. And no, the X-Bow is turbo, not supercharged. The sound for me was the biggest minus in GT5s curriculum. And I don't get why they couldn't assign some premium cars sound data to lets say all other standard cars with the same displacement, cylinder number and aspiration mode (= all those 2.0 i4 turbos).
There are some massive differences in gt5 with the cars as well. Most cars understeer like brick and generally it is almost impossible to tune out the earth shattering understeer. Some other cars feel pretty decent though and while you can not really drive through a corner in small slip angle you can still push and the car responds with under or oversteer. S2000 with confort softs can be fun, the maclaren f1 gtr with some setup work and hard tiers can drive nicely and some other cars are fine too. Some of the cars are absolutely bizarre though like the formula cars.