The online racing simulator
Im going to try it out this afternoon after work.
I can join you too.
Just let us know in advance.
Quote from troy :So, there must be some more LFS'ers still interested in playing GT5 every now and then, what about some biweekly get together maybe on Wednesdays? Do some shuffle racing or whatever, I should have enough bandwidth for a full Server if needed.

That sounds good, wednesday at 6:30PM onwards? If there's any problems with you hosting it I can try - not too sure how well it would be as I'm in the UK though

The shuffle racing was good fun, although I'd like to try something like a 300pp, 450, 600pp race with sport:softs or sport:hards - with a full server that is.

If not shuffle racing works best for a lower amount of people
Quote from Franky.S :i can try but cant use wheel on gt5. no where to put it on. so using ds3 against everyone might not work

Kinda the same for me, desktable too unstable for G25, so I use ds3.
I actually find the game more fun with the ds3 controller. And its faast!
After trying few cars with different tires I don't really feel any difference at all compared to what it was month or so ago. The cars still have that huge snap oversteer pendulum effect and the rears breaks out on corner entry with abs0 just like it has always done.

What changes are you actually feeling? I'm using fanatec wheel and the ffb is the same as well. Only change I can notice is that they have screwed the sound levels. When driving the cars are too silent while menu sound effects are loud. Yes I have adjusted the sound levels but the only way to make things bearable is to constantly adjust sound levels with remote ...
Quote from Hyperactive :After trying few cars with different tires I don't really feel any difference at all compared to what it was month or so ago. The cars still have that huge snap oversteer pendulum effect and the rears breaks out on corner entry with abs0 just like it has always done.

What changes are you actually feeling? I'm using fanatec wheel and the ffb is the same as well. Only change I can notice is that they have screwed the sound levels. When driving the cars are too silent while menu sound effects are loud. Yes I have adjusted the sound levels but the only way to make things bearable is to constantly adjust sound levels with remote ...

I'm using a G25, with the latest update the force feedback feels slightly stronger and just feels more responsive overall (can't really explain it tbh)

But it still doesn't give me much feel on the tyres, mainly just the weight transfer.

I haven't noticed any sound differences tbh though..
Quote from troy :So, there must be some more LFS'ers still interested in playing GT5 every now and then, what about some biweekly get together maybe on Wednesdays? Do some shuffle racing or whatever, I should have enough bandwidth for a full Server if needed.

I would be interested in having a few races. I use pad but will have a go at any car/tyre types.
Quote from Hyperactive :After trying few cars with different tires I don't really feel any difference at all compared to what it was month or so ago. The cars still have that huge snap oversteer pendulum effect and the rears breaks out on corner entry with abs0 just like it has always done.

I do need to change the brakebalance for pretty much every car I drive, usually going to around 3 front 4 rear on RWD cars, sometimes a little lower depending on how back heavy it is. I do think the FF got better, some cars still drive like I'm skating but some others I start to enjoy a lot more, could be placebo I didn't play it for a long time.

Wednesday 06.30 PM BST that is I would imagine luke? Maybe make it a round number 18 UTC (19 BST, 20 CEST) so people can easily remember it. I would certainly be up for it maybe try and do a first one comming Wednesday? As mentioned got stable net plus 5mbit upload, that should be enough for 16 people.
I'll be there next wedsday if I don't forget!
As mentioned, we'll be doing that GT5 event today, if we got a nice turnout we could think about doing that more often maybe?

Will turn on my server around half an hour before 18 UTC if anyone wants to do some random driving around before we start. Will be posting the necessary infos here when I got it online.
Defenately coming as it looks I did remember!
Good, the more the merrier! Looks like fun evening today.
I opened a public room so it's easier to find (I guess) can still change to private friends only room if needed.

Lounge number: 1472 6681 3329 8086 6244

edit: had to restart the room, new number above
We insulted troy's cat and he kicked everyone out

(harhar)

Please post your connection number here so we can rejoin. I could not see your host in the server finder list so that number helps .
Was fun. Hope to see more peoples next time!
Some pictures, I only remembered that I should maybe save some replays at the end of the day so it was getting empty already, earlier we had full house (not too many lfs'ers sadly)

Wait, you can save online replays?
The next time I'll try to be there from the beginning.
Quote from atledreier :Wait, you can save online replays?

After the race click the podium icon on bottom and there is a button that allows you to save the replay.
Yeah, was good fun, just shame these random newcomers often caused too much carnage.
I tried to join yesterday but it said the room number (before the edit) was not available, I guess I was trying to join when the server was closed down . Could you put the room name also next time please?
Can do but maybe we also go private next time, we briefly discussed on the server what to do since there where quite a few random people with not much clue on how to handle a car, problem is you need everybody on your friendslist if you do a private server. Shame the system isn't better would be nice to be able to open passworded servers.
Sorry about not turning up, completely forgot tbh

I'll try and be there for the next time looked fun from looking at the pictures.
Finally remembered to download and play the GT academy. Overall the car selection is a bit meh. I don't mind that all the cars are nissans (mostly skylines or 370z) but almost every one of them have star shattering understeer.

The academy has even leaderboards and you can beat other people who are on your friends list.
The tuned 370z used for the final time trial at Motegi has horrible understeer too, and numb FFB (overly heavy). You have to be quite positive on turn in otherwise it just plows. Still fun though, currently 30th globally, but it's early days. I wouldn't be surprised if the top time in 2 weeks is a 30.5 (hopefully no faster then that!).

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG