The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
squid is alive ! weee. any lfs movies coming? :P

Will be a nice project
Quote from squidhead :...plans are "slotting in a v8 4.0 and a 6 spd manual", respray, leather interior, 17 inch wheels, full respray, etc etc etc

Won't be alot easier and cheeper to bought some nice 540i, insted of traying to repair/respry/rebuild your 530i m30?
paint looks fine to me, you may be surprised what a good detailer can do.

*if the car can be buffed polished and waxed the original paint may even last longer than a respray.
just picked up my 2012 ford fiesta yesterday...really nice car.
drives nicely, very silent and fuel consumption is decent as well.
only got 96 hp, but thats enough for it (unlike the 60 hp it comes as basic model with).
sadly with the winter tires i only have ugly steelies...in the summer with its original tires it will look much better

Cute.
looks smaller than it is tho...not directly a small car with 4 meters (which its classified at...) and thus only 0,4 meters shorter than my mondeo before.
Sadly that's the case with most of today's "small cars". I tend to look at that category now & think to myself.. if only such & such were available a generation or two smaller, it would have been awesome! (and then I go perusing fleabay & autotrader for low mileage favorites from the 90's, lol)
well in this case there is...the ford ka.
design looks similar but its quite a bit smaller.

same goes for the focus (ofc its bigger).
imo ford has done a good job with this, instead of thinking smaller car = crap, its actually more like kind of a similar car, just a different size.
That's true, there is the Mazda2 etc, but when you get to that range they tend to be pretty stripped of options.. since they're considered econoboxes. Or that's the case here anyways. Other countries always get better versions of nearly everything it seems though. (namely "Europe" and Japanland)
they pay twice as much or more. If you want a mazda2 with leather seats you can go to Sweden and pay $50,000 for it.
I didn't mean seats dipshit/was talking about mechanical options & once they drive off the showroom floor, (read: become lightly used), they tend to become more interesting price-wise.
Quote from logitekg25 :amps to power that are very expensive, especially ones that are slim/efficient.

battery

big 3 (and other 0 gauge needed)

digital wiring cant be cheap

sound deadening/dynomat etc

it adds up, but 10k might be a slight exxageration
the cost of the speakers isn't even half of it.

you have no idea what you are talking about...zero
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :you have no idea what you are talking about...zero

How so? He's got a point, those things can add up to quite a bit. I don't think its anywhere near 10k, but what he mentions can end up pretty expensive.
Quote from Migz :How so? He's got a point, those things can add up to quite a bit. I don't think its anywhere near 10k, but what he mentions can end up pretty expensive.

Things like "digital wiring" & the big three (a few small runs of 0AWG costs virtually nothing!)
Quote from Jakg :Things like "digital wiring" & the big three (a few small runs of 0AWG costs virtually nothing!)

I had no clue wtf digital wiring was so i just ignored that. But he also mentioned other 0 awg needed. So i assumed adding a few runs from front to back is what he meant.
Quote from Migz :I had no clue wtf digital wiring was so i just ignored that. But he also mentioned other 0 awg needed. So i assumed adding a few runs from front to back is what he meant.

10 runs (no-one ever uses that much ever) of 0AWG would still be easily less than £500.

I'm sure £10k is doable with some of the crazy walled installs I've seen, but not necessarily easy with a "simple" box in the boot unless you start buying some ridiculously expensive amps.
Im not saying it wouldn't be. But to say he doesn't know what he's talking about is a bit harsh. Some of what he said can turn out pretty expensive. Like i said a few times, 10k? I doubt it. But shit can end up pretty expensive.

Edit:
Somebody who truly has no clue wouldn't even know about big 3 or 0awg at all(Big 3? Whats that, maybe it means i need a 3000w peak amp, oh yeah).
Or know that you do need extra batteries for a several thousand watt install(My car has a battery, that should be fine).
Or know about sound deadening(Sound deadening? Huh, why wouldn't i want everyone outside the car to be able to hear my music with me)

But still, god knows what digital wiring is haha.
two pages of arguing about the cost of a stereo
no idea what im talking about?

i had to run < 3 feet of 0 gauge wiring and it cost me $20. take into consideration waste, runs back and fourth (my battery is in the trunk, i imagine he has a battery or two back there to power it). this can add up quickly in itself. the big 3 is 0 gauge wire, which is pricy.

tell me powerful amps that are efficient arent expensive? tell me quality components arent expensive?

what do you think he spent it all on? beer for the install? he only needs to budget 1k for that.
Possibly paid someone else to do part/all of it who ripped him off a beaut. Seen an enclosure on eBay for sale with a 12" sub and two speakers in the same box carpeted in pink. Apparently cost the owner £450 just for the box as it was done by a "professional". Whereas it looks to me like it would only cost about £100 tops to do.
I dunno, the ghetto state of things under his hatch appears like a total home-job to me, but who knows I guess..
Can some one please post a cool project car or something. This thread lacks of those things!

You can't get much cooler then my baby
Is that supposed to match the shirt in your avatar?
Haha! Hadn't even noticed that tbh!

Was supposed to match this

As i was going to stickerbomb all my wheels. But realised stickerbombed wheels would be over the top.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG