The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scrabby :Another few cool photo's

I watched your ten minute video of the BDC at Trax earlier
yay for non interference engines
Quote from Shotglass :yay for non interference engines

+3! (or lack of valves ) and changing timing belts for those who aren't so lucky?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :
Yeah, car probably was high off the ground to make it easy to be worked under it? I don't really wonder why you didn't do the work yourself... (something to do with your retardness ive come past to see)

Yeah it was high. I didn't do the work myself because im not a mechanic, simple. So everyone who doesnt know how to change a clutch is a retard? You need to chill out with the personal digs. Was only saying i had my clutch changed without the front coming off.
I've had the clutch and flywheel changed. I really didn't care if they took anything off or left it in because I f***in missed the kart meet this year because of that f***ing thing! I should have gone without a clutch...

greetz

der butz

PS: on topic, next week I'll change the brakes of the pug and the front brakes on the porsche, then winter preparation and tyres
Quote from KiRmelius :I have replaced clutch on MK2 golf a couple of times, and it's easy to do it without removing the front. The engine and gearbox on MK3 is very similar I guess. The tricky part is to put it back in, quite difficult to put the shaft in the clutch disc when you have no lift and do it by hand.

The was I was taught to do it was place the gearbox on your legs, so you can heave it into place and hold it there with your knees taking the bulk of the weight and use your hands to jiggle it into place. Isn't for everyone as it can hurt if the gearbox slips, but when you don't have access to ramps and lifts, you do what you gotta do.
Anyone here know how do I get the gearbox side driveshaft hold off, or whatever its called..?

This is pic of a driver side one but it's the same on the other side of the box, and its blocking the way of gearbox coming out.. havent figured out how I remove this piece..
Attached images
IMG_0149.JPG
no more m-technic.
Attached images
m3.jpg
More of it.. I have tried rotating the gearbox upwards and all that, still doesnt make the clearance
Attached images
2012-10-07_16-14-03_168.jpg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The was I was taught to do it was place the gearbox on your legs, so you can heave it into place and hold it there with your knees taking the bulk of the weight and use your hands to jiggle it into place. Isn't for everyone as it can hurt if the gearbox slips, but when you don't have access to ramps and lifts, you do what you gotta do.

I don't know why I typed lift instead of transmission jack. I did it on the ramp, but it's not that easy to hold the gearbox above your head and fit it directly in. I've done it two times on the same car and had problems both times. Your method seems to be the best way to do it without lifting the vehicle tho, and might even be easier, as it's easier to hold stuff with 4 limbs at a time.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Anyone here know how do I get the gearbox side driveshaft hold off, or whatever its called..?

This is pic of a driver side one but it's the same on the other side of the box, and its blocking the way of gearbox coming out.. havent figured out how I remove this piece..

It's not necessary to remove this thing. You need to maneouvre it out, it will come out, just use your head. I'd personally do everything to avoid removing that, as I'd be too paranoid to drop something in there. And you'd need to drain the oil that way.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Whatcha planning to replace it with? (I've got too many cars but can't seem to make myself part with any of them )

I replaced the S14A with this.. A VW Golf GTI MK5.

It has all the features, auto lights, auto wipers, cruise control, etc.. Tidy paintwork, full VW history, sat nav, and the best bit.. 17" monzas, rather than the awful 18" ones!

Quote from KiRmelius :
It's not necessary to remove this thing. You need to maneouvre it out, it will come out, just use your head. I'd personally do everything to avoid removing that, as I'd be too paranoid to drop something in there. And you'd need to drain the oil that way.

Yeah friend came over to sort the shit out, the axle from the gearbox had to be pulled in, didn't even see that it was popped out.. anyways, the gearbox is junk. Differential was all jammed and made noise.
Now looking for a new gearbox.
Quote from doyal :I replaced the S14A with this.. A VW Golf GTI MK5.

It has all the features, auto lights, auto wipers, cruise control, etc.. Tidy paintwork, full VW history, sat nav, and the best bit.. 17" monzas, rather than the awful 18" ones!

I dig 17' , 18' ar for

But how could you change RWD car for FWD
Quote from doyal :VAG

you also have some quite nice retro seat texture. will it be part of Eric's HD interior pack?
finally got round to cleaning the arosa today, just waiting on my lower bumper to arrive then i'll get some pics with a friends dslr

Not bad, I only wish new Golf's weren't quite so big. (but I guess that goes for pretty much all newer cars, lol)

Great choice, was heading towards one of these until I took the swap for the S3, love the interior.

Would of been going for a GTI still however it seems like i'm heading back to a diesel, so a GT is as close as i'll get it seems..
Noooo

What's the reason you went for this very different type of car?

Yesterday I drove an SR20'ed S13 for 2 hours over the highway, small villages etc.. (we came back from a driftday) and I loved it to death. I want one now
Road Compliance, Fuel Economy, Comfort, Gadgets, Loudness.. There was quite a few reasons.

I mean, if I had to start work at 5am.. we live in a tiny private cul-de-sac, starting a non silenced sr20 and letting it run at cold idle was beyond a joke. I had to keep parking it away from the house on a main road.

I am not sure if I will miss the rwd.. I never took it to a drift day, and driving it fast during B-Road blasts was hard work due to our road conditions. This seems to soak up the bumps/cracks in road and inspire confiedence, rather than have you looking for the hedge you would probably go though in the s14a.

The S14a looked more badass, but 19mpg to car/rally events cost ££ and I was unable to put my mountain bike on the roof. These were the two main points.
Autodrom Most
My cocpit and T1. Video soon...

why hes rear tire smoking at 120?
so?
Quote from e2mustang :so?

The smoke is from the front tires.
He overtook me and braked too late and...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG