The online racing simulator
Quote from rockclan :11 Jun 2011

Why is it so many people on this forum have trouble remembering what year it is?
haha rocky xD
Quote from rockclan :Actually, we've had 3 updates this year:

11 Jun 2011The list of hosts now indicates modified hosts that have CPW checks disabled (M).
11 Jun 2011LFS World PB messages inside LFS now work on hidden hosts, as well as the /w commands.
11 Jun 2011Races done on hidden hosts are now recorded and visible, but only for yourself. You cannot view races from hidden hosts of other people.

Those were minor updates. More AutoX Objects and Open Config didn't change anything, it was an attempt to provide new content but didn't really actually add anything new. The rest were bug fixes.
Quote from edge3147 :Those were minor updates. More AutoX Objects and Open Config didn't change anything, it was an attempt to provide new content but didn't really actually add anything new. The rest were bug fixes.

We did get those awesome speed bumps! And guard rails! Both who can fudge a car up pretty bad!

Also don't forget multiple colours tyres, and chalk.
Quote from rockclan :We did get those awesome speed bumps! And guard rails! Both who can fudge a car up pretty bad!

Also don't forget multiple colours tyres, and chalk.

those are nice to have and i am glad they added more objects, but a major update is over due
Quote from Georg.GER :
If the tyre model is good he can even sell it to someone.

ye,
michelin, pirelli ... sounds good
For those who missed it, some little news from Scawen on the development:

Quote from Scawen :On topic :

I hope to release a dedicated host test update either today or tomorrow, that should at least prevent the user being connected with a user name you cannot type, or a user name that does not match the user id.

Off topic :

Although development has been slow for some time, we are still motivated on LFS, which we do regard as a long term thing. I must admit this year both Eric and I have had some slow months and some months in which we didn't do much LFS at all.

In both our cases that has been partly for external reasons which will not have a long term negative effect, and also partly a need for a slight break after several years of hard work.

In my case I have got into some sport (cross country running and cycling) which has obvious benefits I don't need to explain, after two decades without. That occupied my mind a lot (in a good way) and has been great for me and my family, but not great in an immediate sense for LFS's development this summer. The journey of tyre physics development has been a tough one, round and round, forwards and backwards these couple of years. I feel this summer break has helped me mentally. I've got some answers and plan to get that tyre stuff sorted out so we can get back to the fun stuff and a faster development rate in the S3 period.

Quote from Flame CZE :For those who missed it, some little news from Scawen on the development:

How could we miss it?

Quote from Scawen :That does appear to be working, so you are welcome to try this one if you like :

DEDICATED SERVER - ONLY FOR HOSTING!

www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_6B3.zip

As I said, there is more to be done but it's possible this already solves some problems...

EDIT : you only need the exe from that zip if you are updating an existing installation.

When S2 came I was a kid with no job or a credit card and had to ask my parents to buy the game for me.

Now I've been working and buying shit online for the last 7 years. Yet LFS is still in S2 stage. S3 development has to be one of the sorriest things in this world. Not that I care all that much; I'm here only on a nostalgy trip.

Ciao
Matti
Quote from Matti :When S2 came I was a kid with no job or a credit card and had to ask my parents to buy the game for me.

Now I've been working and buying shit online for the last 7 years. Yet LFS is still in S2 stage. S3 development has to be one of the sorriest things in this world. Not that I care all that much; I'm here only on a nostalgy trip.

What about Half-Life (episode) 3 fans, they must be "nostalgic" even more, knowing that Valve is working on it since '07 (or even longer), but not knowing when it will be released.
I would like to hear some news, any details. A long time has passed then the last news was posted. Development in shadow doesn't enthuse players at all.
Something interesting (in case you missed that)

Quote from Scawen :Ah yes, that can't be translated, it's just the same in all the other languages.

How are you doing with the translation? I see there are still 117 lines to be translated. I am planning a new update soon, with some multiplayer improvements. It would be good to include the Romanian translation.

I hope to release a test patch later this week. Please let me know if you can get that done, or if pigmeu, apo3d, luchian should have access as well so they can help?

Dafuq did i just miss while being on vacations???

Thanks vourliotis
:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic
That would be B4, nothing exciting except MP exploit fixes.

Prove me wrong please.
Probably yes. Nothing that can keep the racing teams alive.

But nothing will end. We can start cruise or drift. XRT has awesome interior
I'll take more multiplayer slots.

60 cars with a total of 72 slots or something.

Edit: Honestly I wish that more consistent patches would come out moreso than working so much on physics. The underlying issue is there of course, but with the amount of time it has taken, it seems to be more important to keep some other things moving instead of losing focus on it with headaches from tire physics.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'll take more multiplayer slots.

This.
Quote from PMD9409 :

Think of the lag though, even with a decent computer!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG