The online racing simulator
Quote from farcar :

Updates will come, but god knows when...

Thats the point , But we has lfs community just ask for realese dates like the other games nothing more for now , i hope god see this

He squese more licenses is new updates come in the future and i beat mutch more
I think eric and Scawen do the work of 20 people, because rework 75% of the physics engine, putting more contained for s3,+ colossal challenge of the new tires system (too difficult for Scawen alone, that's why it's stuck).
It is quite normal that the development stagnates, I think developers are overestimated their ability to do all that, and it is quite normal that it takes more than 4 years, what a team of 20 can ends all this in 6 months.
If there is something going wrong, I think they may very well call the community for help.
and sorry for my bad english .
Quote from farcar :
By saying this, you're asserting that Scawen is blatantly lying to us by saying that he is still developing the game, when really, he's really just maintaining it (presumably to squeeze out a few more license sales).

While it may be reasonable to view LFS as a failed project after such a long time without updates (though I don't necessarily hold this opinion), I totally disagree that Scawen is a sinister and deceitful character.

Sure it can be construed that way. I don't assume to make any judgements about the dev's character. Others can form their own judgements from their statements/posts. In general they come across sincere, genuine and professional to me (one less than the other two).

The devs perception of progress is miles apart from what the community has actually experienced. That widening gap between what they say and what has eventuated has disenfranchised the community with devastating results.

Back in 2002, if you said it would be over 10 years before S2 would be finished and 5+ years between major content updates, no one would have even took interest in the game and the devs would be laughed out of town.

The trouble I have isn't so much the progress (physics etc), it's that content has taken a back seat. The arguments of old, that content can't be released due to physics incompatibilities just gets harder to accept as time goes on. It's this very premise that they want us to accept, but it only serves to raise serious doubts and destroy trust.
Quote from lfsrm :I think eric and Scawen do the work of 20 people

Don't forget Victor. That probably holds true for Scawen, but it's difficult to make that claim on the content side (Eric) post '07. There's little evidence and only pure speculation.

Quote from lfsrm :
If there is something going wrong, I think they may very well call the community for help.

That boat sailed long ago and the dev's have made it quite clear they don't want any help (other than bug testing) many times.
I agree with most of the discussion going on here but what I don't get is that the never ending discussion constantly is about the Scirocco and tire physics. Everybody knows even that is not shocking news for most of the racing community when it eventually gets released.

Tracks, real life tracks. That is the most important thing of all. Racers or semi racers want to practice the corners, general layout, height differences etcetc of real life tracks. Developing tracks also should be pretty easy by now compared to tire physics processes.

So I think Eric is a problem here, also because Scawen said that he isn't holding him back to release something new. So what did he release after 5 years of silence? Not much. Although it's kind of odd that Scawen says he is not holding Eric back but Rockingham is clearly finished and doesn't get released...
Quote from cargame.nl :Although it's kind of odd that Scawen says he is not holding Eric back but Rockingham is clearly finished and doesn't get released...

Especially seeing as how the physics update will erase all the WR's, why not let us get a little practice in on LFS and not make us go to another game where Rockingham is already available.

By withholding the track, the devs are basically saying, yes we have Rockingham, but if you want to play it, wait or go play it on rFactor.
Only argument I heard is that there are no realistic timings on this circuit. I assume with FBM that is. And the cause for that is tire physics.

It's a rumor, I can't link to a quotation of Scawen but that seems to be the reason.

If that is the reason I still do not get why a certain amount of people is allowed to drive it, last year. Afraid of critics of the bigger public?
=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hutWjFtBd0

Quote from cargame.nl :Although it's kind of odd that Scawen says he is not holding Eric back but Rockingham is clearly finished and doesn't get released...

One can only conclude that there needs to be some new content in reserve for the S3 milestone and maybe all that's new is Rockingham & the VW. Thus releasing it ahead of the S3, will leave S3 very lacklustre content wise.

Given there has been various rumours/leak/screenshots of pending track releases in the past, and there's been nothing more than Rockingham, it might well be the case.

If that is the case (and I hope not) then I would expect a major backlash from the content hungry contingent of the community. Given they've been screaming for something new to drive (even pay for), it will certainly be the final straw for many loyal/hopeful players.
Quote from cargame.nl :Only argument I heard is that there are no realistic timings on this circuit. I assume with FBM that is. And the cause for that is tire physics.

It's a rumor, I can't link to a quotation of Scawen but that seems to be the reason.

If that is the reason I still do not get why a certain amount of people is allowed to drive it, last year. Afraid of critics of the bigger public?
=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hutWjFtBd0

100% agree, If it is good enough for public display at the real track, its should be good enough to give to the people the paid and help fund this whole entire project. Also the people who provide the most feedback to the developers.
Quote from Macfox :needs to be some new content in reserve for the S3 milestone and maybe all that's new is Rockingham & the VW.

No, it is <S3 content. Tire physics too. It's stated somewhere.

I wonder why there can be still so much confusion while this is talked over like 56742 times...
Quote from Macfox : Given they've been screaming for something new to drive (even pay for), it will certainly be the final straw for many loyal/hopeful players.

I agree with that , all the people dont care to pay more but for new and improve things

And if they realese something a test or something like that we the comunity can help fix the things on time but etc
Quote from cargame.nl :No, it is <S3 content. Tire physics too. It's stated somewhere.

I wonder why there can be still so much confusion while this is talked over like 56742 times...

The English Track is S3 content, along with one mystery car.
The German Car is S1 content.
The game engine (physics) is common to all, Demo/S1/S2/S3.

Edit: See, you're even getting me confused now.
Quote from Bean0 :
The German Car is S2 content.

Quote from Bob Smith :Physics improvements: demo + all licence levels, from the next official patch
Scirocco: requires S1 licence or above, from the next official patch
Rockingham: requires S3 licence, from a future patch

Scirocco is S1.
Other thing thats intriges me, is thats this post is from 2009 and it says that Scirocco comes in next patch, also moderator wrote it
This song says it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ErzXnwFQ4

Look at this one and date [/B]

The devs should post some teasers of the future content and i think everybody thinks the same
Quote from tiagox :This song says it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ErzXnwFQ4

Look at this one and date [/B]

The devs should post some teasers of the future content and i think everybody thinks the same

They teased us enough when they made the original announcement for the VW and Rockingham. We have seen the fly-through video of Rockingham and we have seen the fly-around of the VW Model.

VW being S1 content, it should be playable right now IMO. Since when does someone pay for something and wait 6 years to get something they technically has already payed for.

The physics I can understand, it's a huge update, but adding a car to tide the masses over while they wait. Cmon, use common sense and you could see how this would be a positive PR stunt for LFS to attract more ppl. Release a car and track, PRE-S3 and i guarantee you, you will have alot of new drivers and alot of return drivers come and buy S3.

If it continues down this same path, I can see the numbers returning and new comers being smaller than hoped.

I'll go out on a limb here and say, if Rockingham and/or VW were released today, we would see full servers by the tens. (race, cruise and drift)
Quote from edge3147 :

I'll go out on a limb here and say, if Rockingham and/or VW were released today, we would see full servers by the tens. (race, cruise and drift)

Yes thats what ive been saying And thats what really will happen

Quote from edge3147 :They teased us enough when they made the original announcement for the VW and Rockingham. We have seen the fly-through video of Rockingham and we have seen the fly-around of the VW Model.

what I mean is something that has been developing since the last announcement
Quote from edge3147 : Since when does someone pay for something and wait 6 years to get something they technically has already payed for.

The point is you didn't pay for it. But you only seem to listen to yourself. You are acting like a child now too again by posting irrelevant whining in projects which have nothing to do with it. You are 24, try to catch up a bit.

#945 - col
Quote from edge3147 :...Since when does someone pay for something and wait 6 years to get something they technically has already payed for.

Right on bro!!!

Mind you, I really think you could show a little more ambition, creativity and effort with your LFS hate posts!

e.g. technically, seen as how I'm made of atoms created at the start of the universe, i've been waiting for nearly 14 billion years for the Scirocco and Rockingham - come on Scawen, surely 13.75 (± 0.11) billion years is long enough?
Quote from cargame.nl :The point is you didn't pay for it. But you only seem to listen to yourself. You are acting like a child now too again by posting irrelevant whining in projects which have nothing to do with it. You are 24, try to catch up a bit.

Read the End-User Agreement.

1.4 Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

With it being labeled as S1 content, I technically have paid for it as I am S2 licensed.

I am not trying to complain and I apologize for the misunderstanding, merely pointing out something again that has already been said, just like everyone else is doing, repeating themselves. Sorry mine is more on the negative side, but every debate has 2 sides, right?

It would be nice if Scawen could explain why Rockingham and the Scirocco are good enough for public use at the facility but not for the fan and personal basis. That's my only question really in the whole argument. A little communication can change an opinion very quickly.
Quote from edge3147 :

It would be nice if Scawen could explain why Rockingham and the Scirocco are good enough for public use at the facility but not for the fan and personal basis. That's my only question really in the whole argument. A little communication can change an opinion very quickly.

you mean about the videos on youtube in game convencions rigth ?
With "Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected." devs can actually remove (let's say) half of the cars available now and add them to S3 in further versions and deny connection to older versions to master server,making impossible to drive these cars online without upgrading licence,and you could not protest a thing,because it's a change,that was to expect! On other hand - would you go to McDonalds to ask for cheese when they add it to their randomburger,when you bought it yesterday without it,because it wasn't planned to put in it yet?

Anyway - when you bought S2 licence,you got all the content available then,there are no promises that you will deffinitely receive more content. If you feel somehow cheated,it's deffinitely your hopes that make you feel that way!
Quote from Eclipsed :snip

Ok, let's just forget I said anything because apparently looking at the opposing side of the view will only lead to hatred and disrespect from those who think differently.

Can't do it in a calm and respectful fashion I guess.

Never said I felt cheated, just pointing out the written evidence that improvements are to be expected. and with it labeled S1, i am entitled to receive it once released.

I am just suggesting that the devs do a small content update sooner rather than later and build up some fanfare for LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG