The online racing simulator
i think lfs developers are working hard to come up with new damage modeling, new gfx engine and new tire physics
Quote from psy00 :i think lfs developers are working hard to come up with new damage modeling, new gfx engine and new tire physics

no, no and yes.
5 years of having S2 and i'm still content even with kb temporarily. It'll be even better once my wheel gets working
15 mins til s3.
Any of you still remember those fridays from 2 years ago? I called them waiting fridays.
Well its friday.
Quote from Ales_M :Any of you still remember those fridays from 2 years ago? I called them waiting fridays.
Well its friday.

OMG Ales, I already had positive stress, now it's even more.
so much for this thread staying on topic, huehuehuehuehuehue
okay how about: Will we hear anything on the 10 year anniversary?
My money is ready for S3. By then, the S2 racers will slowly come crawling back and LFS will become what it was back in 2006, hahahah!
I was, and still am a hardcore Live for Speed fan. I played many simulation games and for me there is no other like it, so the first time i read Scawen talking about an update, like everyone else, i got very enthusiastic about it. We all know the story and what happened next so there's no point on saying anything else about it, and I am one of the "give them the time they need" kind of guy, but because I was so excited about it I was always expecting some kind of progress report even if it didn't say too much it made me feel they were still putting their minds into it, so I added Scawen's profile page to my favorites that way i could track his messages in the forum and mostly his reports, and I'm not joking, as ridiculous as it may sound, since that day, I got used to open that page along facebook and all the other sites I'm used to read when I start my computer in the morning, so I open it almost everyday.
So it's with a bit of disappointment that i see today some dumb*ss's thread asking about some cracks or whatever and Scawen's response half an hour later. But still since 9th January 2012, 10:43 he couldn't take 5 minutes to tell us about the progress report . And don't even start with the "there's nothing to tell" speach since I don't believe that in 8 month there is still no progress at all.

And i want to make it clear, i'm not whining about how long it takes to make things done. I would just like to see from Scawen the same promptitude and enthusiasm in telling us news, that he shows when closing the thread of some guy that comes here to say stupid things.
Quote from Resu :So it's with a bit of disappointment that i see today some dumb*ss's thread asking about some cracks or whatever and Scawen's response half an hour later. But still since 9th January 2012, 10:43 he couldn't take 5 minutes to tell us about the progress report .

I support LFS and the devs, but it's hard to argue against this point.
yayy 10 years
And so much talk from the ppl on the forum and not the devs... Good!
Can we hope for an update or an progressreport this evening? I sure hope so
Definetly, any type of report would be great
so, Definetly, devs dont care, what else we should wait ? 2013 ? 2014 ? 2031 ?
Quote from Scorpio :so, Definetly, devs dont care, what else we should wait ? 2013 ? 2014 ? 2031 ?

2031 sounds good
Did i miss anything, or is it, as usual; Dead quiet and as soon as i say anything "negative" i get a beating from other forumites on "Oooh they are working hard, be happy, what have u ever done for lfs, get a life, u ar wurs den hitler!"?

No? And IF they descide to drop by and say hi, i bet my underwear that i and all us other "evil questionmakers" will get a sucker punch, and be blamed for the sour taste the devs might have from reading the "oh so bad negative feedback" - WICH RLY ISNT NEGATIVE!

Come on, all i want is a little "HI! WE ARE ALIVE" And thats ...might be it, then i stop nagging for atleast 1 month or so ...
Scawen, do i have to send u a letter or what?
Like I said before, if they care enough to lock threads and ban people all the time, they're probably still interested in LFS.
If they really stopped caring, they'd probably stop spending money on servers for it.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :Like I said before, if they care enough to lock threads and ban people all the time, they're probably still interested in LFS.
If they really stopped caring, they'd probably stop spending money on servers for it.

They might care about the program and their plans for it, but they lack respect for the community, it's been another year and again we get nothing in the form of content updates.

Don't get me wrong, LFS is a good sim, but it's content has been the same for years now, the rest of the community as well as myself would love to see something new for a change. I support LFS but the lack of updates is a real pain in the behind.
Quote from edge3147 :They might care about the program and their plans for it, but they lack respect for the community, it's been another year and again we get nothing in the form of content updates.

Don't get me wrong, LFS is a good sim, but it's content has been the same for years now, the rest of the community as well as myself would love to see something new for a change. I support LFS but the lack of updates is a real pain in the behind.

Exactly my thoughts. But i don't even argue with the time they need to make as good as they want it to be. What pisses me off the most is the fact they don't even care anymore about making us interested. And yes, like you said, i also think it's disrespectful, when they can lock a thread opened 15 mins before because some dumbass was asking for a crack. Then with a whole community asking about a progress report (last one was in january), they are unable to say anything to us. So, do we need to be complete jerks around here to get any kind of answer from them?
Since it's not the first time he behaves like that (not even close), it makes me be a little disappointed with them...
Actually, we've had 3 updates this year:

11 Jun 2011The list of hosts now indicates modified hosts that have CPW checks disabled (M).
11 Jun 2011LFS World PB messages inside LFS now work on hidden hosts, as well as the /w commands.
11 Jun 2011Races done on hidden hosts are now recorded and visible, but only for yourself. You cannot view races from hidden hosts of other people.
This forum is officially mad. It keeps doing the same thing (discussing status of lfs) and is expecting a different result (new approach?.. patch coming immediately?).
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :If they really stopped caring, they'd probably stop spending money on servers for it.

Not necessarily related to caring about the game. They could just be keeping the server(s) alive only to keep the money rolling in from new players. If they would close the multiplayer master server, they would most likely have to find a job where they have deadlines to meet again. It seems there's still enough new players for them to continue with the relaxed lifestyle and development.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG