The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :I would ban him just for asking stupid questions which are being answered now like 3 trillion times.

This kind of attitude isn't needed. Just because someone posts on a demo account and asks about S3 you think they need a ban? I think you could use a 3 day ban just to see what it feels like.

Who cares if he posted from a demo account? Get over your holier than thou because I have an S2 account mindset and try some common courtesy and respect.
Quote from edge3147 :This kind of attitude isn't needed. Just because someone posts on a demo account and asks about S3 you think they need a ban? I think you could use a 3 day ban just to see what it feels like.

Who cares if he posted from a demo account? Get over your holier than thou because I have an S2 account mindset and try some common courtesy and respect.

coming from you? lol
so much rage in this thread
Quote :
The new test patch B12 will be incompatible with B11 because of some more cheat protection and a new joining system which makes the guest appear to join instantly, so avoiding the messages "Can't X - a player is connecting" and "Please wait - a guest is connecting" and making Join Out Of Sync (JOOS) a rare event.

Along with the other changes, it's a much better multiplayer experience and 0.6C will be a good release, while we continue with the physics updates and S3 content.

EDIT (22 November) :

Getting close to the B12 testing stage - hopefully on Friday so it gets a good test this weekend.
Here is the list of changes for anyone who is interested in that kind of thing.

Changes from 0.6B11 to 0.6B12 :

New "instant" join system using cached packets :

- Much faster connection to host
- Connection appears instant to other guests
- Safe to join while objects are added or removed
- You can pit, spectate, etc. while a player is joining

Player name conflict resolution :

Auto rename when you join a host with someone else's player name
You can always exit from player screen even if your name is used
Selected name not used in game if already used by another player
No two players (real or AI) can enter a race using the same name

LFS World statistics fixes :

Adding an AI driver changed real player's status to "in race"
Spectating from garage screen left player's status "in pits"

Multiplayer :

Added /player command to dedicated host setup.cfg file
Removed /carshost command from dedicated host setup.cfg

Misc :

Maximum autocross objects increased from 800 to 900
Maximum marshall circles increased from 96 to 120

Fixes :

Message "Max guest cars : X" now shown in the selected language
Wrong message "Did not receive track info" on joining full host
Cars intersected if players joined autocross at the same time
An unusual state in which LFS displayed only a blank screen

yay
Quote from edge3147 :I think you could use a 3 day ban just to see what it feels like.

Again? Eric had some bright moment earlier this year. Not sure if he fell back asleep again.

Eric show me some card. Red, yellow, purple, green... Doesn't matter, they are all equal to me. Then we know you are still here

Quote from edge3147 :

Huh? What?

Where do I talk about demo accounts?

I'm talking about questions which are answered already 3 trillion times. Even S2 members tend to do that. If you spend 3.7 milliseconds reading/searching this forum you know the current status of LFS development.
Quote from cargame.nl :
I'm talking about questions which are answered already 3 trillion times. Even S2 members tend to do that. If you spend 3.7 milliseconds reading/searching this forum you know the current status of LFS development.

See below comment

Quote from cargame.nl :I would ban him just for asking stupid questions which are being answered now like 3 trillion times.

Instead of being a complete tool and saying someone needs a ban because they can't use the search function, you should be helping people and making the community look helpful and welcoming.

The person you were talking about might not be computer literate.

Stop assuming people are trolling when they ask a question and give a legitimate answer.

You are the owner of the top public race server, you should be setting an example for the rest of the community, instead of joining in the trolling and disrespect.

Every time someone posts a troll comment, it sparks a flame war. Stop the wars by not trolling.
It would be even better when those postings would be removed. No need for overhead.
Quote from cargame.nl :It would be even better when those postings would be removed. No need for overhead.

Well until you are a mod and can do that, you should try a different approach.
Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco

Mon, Dec 15th, 2008 17:30
>VW Scirocco postponed

So they realize 4 days isn't enough time to release the car, ok cool, i get it. BUT, almost 1460 days later this car is still postponed..
Quote from mp5cod :Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco

Mon, Dec 15th, 2008 17:30
>VW Scirocco postponed

So they realize 4 days isn't enough time to release the car, ok cool, i get it. BUT, almost 1460 days later this car is still postponed..

Indeed. Postponed due to their mistakes, so they decide to "punish" the entire LFS community because of it and withhold it.

They should make good with the 4 year old announcement and release the car, but they won't because....."Insert witty reason here"!
Quote from edge3147 :Insert witty reason here"!

Originally Posted by edge3147
why couldn't we play the same old LFS with a NEW car? DERPPPPPPPP.

Can you just stop whining about a new car? That doesn't change a f* . Feels exactly the same only the shell is different. Yay, fun! -not-

---
Have to repeat myself, do you notice it?

.. Of course not.
just wait for Christmas
Quote from cargame.nl :Originally Posted by edge3147
why couldn't we play the same old LFS with a NEW car? DERPPPPPPPP.

Can you just stop whining about a new car? That doesn't change a f* . Feels exactly the same only the shell is different. Yay, fun! -not-

---
Have to repeat myself, do you notice it?

.. Of course not.

Agree. There is enough cars, but tracks?
Come on, the "newest" track is at the launch of S2 in like..04 or 05 ^_^
And that SO6 config does not count!
Quote from edge3147 :Indeed. Postponed due to their mistakes, so they decide to "punish" the entire LFS community because of it and withhold it.

They should make good with the 4 year old announcement and release the car, but they won't because....."Insert witty reason here"!

Do you have any infractions?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Do you have any infractions?

I have made many mistakes in my life in which I paid the price for all of them, not the opposite where others paid for my mistakes. So my statement stands, they need to take responsibility for their actions and release the car which was supposed to be released 4 years ago to all paid license holders.

Quote from cargame.nl :Can you just stop whining about a new car? That doesn't change a f* . Feels exactly the same only the shell is different. Yay, fun! -not-

It most certainly would feel different even without the tire update. VWS from appearance has a high center of gravity than most (MOST meaning a majority) the cars now and not to mention TC on a FF layout.

Sooooooooo to shove it in your face, it most certainly would have a different feel and drive different.

Quote from cargame.nl :Can you just stop whining

Nobody put a gun to your head and made you read this thread, nor did they make you reply with such a wasteful response. Take your own advice and stop whining, That doesn't change a f*.

This is a thread about the developement of LFS(or lack of). If you are unhappy with the topic, don't read the thread.
I want rockingham
I think it would be reasonable for the release of Rockingham and VWS as S1 and S2 content, as a form of saying thanks to all the people who have stuck around and stayed true to LFS and did not leave for iRacing or rFactor or any other game that may be more appealing to others.

I would make a poll asking this, but don't know if I want to risk facing retaliation for doing so.
Quote from edge3147 :I think it would be reasonable for the release of Rockingham and VWS as S1 and S2 content, as a form of saying thanks to all the people who have stuck around and stayed true to LFS and did not leave for iRacing or rFactor or any other game that may be more appealing to others.

I would make a poll asking this, but don't know if I want to risk facing retaliation for doing so.

you only been here 2 years..
Quote from edge3147 :I think it would be reasonable for the release of Rockingham and VWS as S1 and S2 content

The VWS was originally (and still is) intended to be S1 & S2 content.

Both the VWS and S3 content (Rockingham and the Mystery Car initially) are waiting on the tyre physics for various reasons.

Making Rockingham S1/S2 would mean that the initial S3 licence would have even less content (that's assuming Eric hasn't completed any more tracks by that point, but either way would mean less S3 content). Having Rockingham at S1/S2 would be nice, but wouldn't make much business sense.
-
(edge3147) DELETED by edge3147 : deleted for new updated rant.
Quote from Franky.S :you only been here 2 years..

That is just my S2 licensed time, I had a demo account since 2006, bro.

You see, I saw all the posts about the upcoming content and thought, you know maybe if I pay for a license it will help get these out sooner. WRONG!!!!
Quote from Degats :The VWS was originally (and still is) intended to be S1 & S2 content.

Both the VWS and S3 content (Rockingham and the Mystery Car initially) are waiting on the tyre physics for various reasons.

Making Rockingham S1/S2 would mean that the initial S3 licence would have even less content (that's assuming Eric hasn't completed any more tracks by that point, but either way would mean less S3 content). Having Rockingham at S1/S2 would be nice, but wouldn't make much business sense.

#1 Don't assume you know things. No other content has been speculated on because they realized after their mistake that they should keep quit until 100% ready for release/testing.

#2 They made the mistake of announcing them 4 years ago, then not releasing anything new track/car wise.

#3 Rockingham is in use at the REAL Rockingham track, therefore it must be okay to use if they are using it at a public venue. (and before you jump on the, "Rockingham paid for the track, etc etc bandwagon, know this. There are plenty of other programs which feature the Rockingham track so there is not a good reason as to why it can't be released i.e. tire physics.) The same can be said for the VWS. If LFS is good enough for the rest of the cars to play with *bites tongue* semi-realistic physics, then why cant the VWS be played with until the tire physics come out. It would allow for a very very very thorough testing of the car by more than just the developers.

#4 Releasing both of these would make perfect business sense, seeing as how nothing new (car or track) wise has come in 4 years. This would certainly send a spike in new licenses as well as new drivers and teams and servers. Hell, if they don't want to add it to S2 content, call both of them S3 and begin working on "S4" with totally new content. Charge a reduced upgrade fee and BAM, LFS is pulling in revenue again.

There isn't any sort of business plan for LFS from what I can see (4 years to update physics for example), as most of us already know, the Devs are busy with their personal lives instead of making LFS top selling software. IF there was any sort of detailed business plan, it would probably include investors and possibly selling the rights to a big name company. But this is not the path of LFS, the devs plan to do all the work themselves, leaving its customers and fans to sit and wait and wait and wait some more.

It's really sad that nothing is being done to progress LFS like it used to pre Z25, with speed and lots of communication. (aside from community members updating textures that should have been updated by Eric ages ago and InSim applications.)

LFS has the potential to become a top selling simulator if it had the proper backing to do so, but with it's current path, it will remain an indie game and probably die an indie game too.
There is only one solution to this.
Attached images
il.png
edge3147 can you please stop posting for the best of this forum?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG