The online racing simulator
Quote from DeKo :The Linesman was completely useless and the 5th official on the goal line was absolutely useless. Might aswell not bother with a ref anymore.

Got a bit of sympathy for the linesman, it's difficult to have your eyes looking in different directions and process the different images at the same time. Having run the lines at under 19 level it is difficult to see when the ball is kicked and along the line....

...the 5th official had his head up his arse there, he's 10 yards from where the ball bounced and can't tell it was over the line. Seriously don't know what the 5th official does, have not seen anything from them this tournament.
It's a rare case of two wrongs DO make a right.
He's such a showoff :doh: (you wouldn't know how many teens here are like that)

Anyway...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!
Fak u rolando.

Quote from Senninha25 :He's such a showoff :doh: (you wouldn't know how many teens here are like that)

Was a beautiful try from him and a great game for him overall, IMO.
Czech Republic looked hopeles... Well deserved win from Portugal.
Honestly, have they went to the other half of the field? Boring game overall, but deserved win.
Quote from Senninha25 :He's such a showoff :doh: (you wouldn't know how many teens here are like that)

You missed the bit where he handled the ball.
Which bit? When the ball hit the post?

That's not what the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL" was for, it was for the actual goal scored about 1 or 2 minutes before I even posted that.
Quote from BlueFlame :You missed the bit where he handled the ball.

On that GIF? Get your eyes checked.

Anyway Germany-Greece. Greece with a defensive lineup and winning 1-0 with a goal at the end of a match, sounds familiar...
Los los Griechenland, we had enough of you already:static:.
Quote from Kalev EST :On that GIF? Get your eyes checked.

Anyway Germany-Greece. Greece with a defensive lineup and winning 1-0 with a goal at the end of a match, sounds familiar...

Having a very defensive setting with one team 6 goals were very unexpected.
Just as expected, Spain dominated the whole game and won. France wasn't trying very hard too, it seems (apart from Ribery).

Can someone explain to me why Llorente isn't playing?

Also an Iberian semifinal, sounds fun.
Classic Barc, pardon, Spain. You pass to me I pass to you, you to me again, I to you, you to me, I to you and you to me again just for good measure.
Well it's a clear measure (and a pretty difficult one to execute) to avoid the opponent having the ball. If you have the ball the other guys can't score.
Well fans are paying most of their vages, if it wasn't for the fans there would be no football. And the fans are fuc*ing bored to death of this play, at least all the people i know..
I'm not so sure, specially considering the attendance on Barcelona/Spain games, the repercussion they have etc.

Of course, you can find it boring. One of our TV commentators find it boring too.
Offcourse their fans are enjoying it, cause they're winning. Germany at the moment are playing what i would define as 'football' in the dictionary. I even enjoy classic bus parking with counter attacks more then this. At least you get some enjoyment like "ooh a counter attack, pass it up, pass it up!!", in the case of Spain even when they score i'm bored, they play with no forwards ffs, that's how much they enjoy passing.
I guess we just like different things. But I kinda see where you're coming from.

It's just that it takes an incredible amount of skill, tactics and discipline to play like they do. Also Barça (and Spain for that matter) is just as impressive without the ball - they put so much pressure it's insane.

If that can't be great football, we're screwed.

That said, Germany is being great as well. And Portugal.
Yeah let's not go there i'm already repeating myself I respect all that, they are crazy good at what they do, it's just i don't enjoy watching that that much.
pack your bags now england
Quote from Franky.S :pack your bags now england

True. We're awful. I almost don't want to watch tonight. 2-0 Italy.
3 - 1 to England. Heard it here 1st folks.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG