The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :It's not communism, it's capitalism, if you remove all negative comments about your game, it's thought of as flawless by people outside of the sim. Thus - more monies.

It is absolutely Communism. In China & North Korea if any one dare stands up against the regime they are arrested & put in jail. They basically take away your human right to freedom of speech.

As for the delay in adding driver swaps, i have never heard such a load of bull$h!t in all my life. Announced a mere 18 months ago they continue to spew absolute crap & side track people with utter rubbish like league this & league that. Leagues existed way before they added any so called "functionality".

They basically wasted a load of time adding something we didnt need which gave them a good excuse for even more delays. The reality is that they dont want to give us driver swaps & they never have. The fact the anybody would dare expect them to provide a basic feature that LFS has had for years seems to make the devs & fanboys spit there dummies every damn time!.

Its a bloody joke, excuse after excuse. The tire model is fudged & they cant/wont add a simple feature that was promised 12months ago!!
Gardner spews sh!t constantly. He's good at it cause thats what he's paid to do. I have already called him out for talking out of his ar$e. I now i refuse to believe a single word that oozes comes from his poo infested mouth!.
If it was "absolute communism" it'd be based on common ownership. The one thing you don't have in iRacing is 'ownership" of anything! LOL
Totalitarianism (which can be left or right) is what you're on about. Which it isn't, btw.

Rappa Z: Ignore me, some of us have a strange sense of humour over this side of the pond...
Ant, in short Communism works like this - in a bad nutshell

Everyone earns the same wage, Everyone owns shares in all businesses, essentially everything in a communist regime is both worth something but also nothing.

This isn't iRacing.

iRacing is the model of American capitalism, putting marketing and advertising before anything else whilst actually making a 'just about on par' product. Speak against the product and iRacing will protect it's interests by stifling any hard negetivity of the service.
bought this game before 7 days..
after some racing..u can not finish race without crash ..morons with blue flag...they dont know what that means...

im out of this shit.
Seeing as you're still in rookie after 27 starts, you're doing it wrong. Don't even race people until you get out of rookie class. Just finish the races without incidents. It gets better.
Quote from undertaker00 :bought this game before 7 days..
after some racing..u can not finish race without crash ..morons with blue flag...they dont know what that means...

Please enlighten us as to what the blue flag means. I suspect that it's you that doesn't know...
Quote from anttt69 :It is absolutely Communism. In China & North Korea if any one dare stands up against the regime they are arrested & put in jail. They basically take away your human right to freedom of speech.

That has nothing to do with Communism.
Quote from undertaker00 :bought this game before 7 days..

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... reerStats.do?custid=90736 Not sure what the problem is, you're above R 3.0 so you can do inRacingNews Challenge races for free in 3 different cars, to stay away from some of the newer drivers.

Best advice is to assume everyone, certainly at the lower levels, is an idiot until you get to know them, and drive accordingly. In your last race you had a 14 second lead over 2nd yet you went off track, presumably lapping a car - you don't get bonus points for how far ahead you finish, so take it easy and make a clean pass.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Seeing as you're still in rookie after 27 starts, you're doing it wrong. Don't even race people until you get out of rookie class. Just finish the races without incidents. It gets better.

Thanks for advice.

(how did u find my name ? )
@bothy
yeah...that last race i got mobile call from my girl
i was down to 1sec beatwen second place, than again up to 5-6 seconds after mobile call ...than i got that guy with blue flag..one lap or two ...at end i lose contratacion ...bam...

btw. that inRacingNews Challenge ... dont like it ..not yet ..beacouse of setups..at mazda cup everyone drive same set...

And that button clutch...i asked on iracing forum.
Its possible 2 use button clutch and aid bip at the same time?
When im using button clutch all aids are disabled .... when i trying 2 put just aid bip...auto clutch goes on ...

Some advice maybe? ( in 1-2 months gonna buy that freakin g27 just beacuse of that clutch )

Quote from The Moose :Please enlighten us as to what the blue flag means. I suspect that it's you that doesn't know...

whats up pro
Is there any website for downloading set ups for iRacing besides racesetups.com?
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Is there any website for downloading set ups for iRacing besides racesetups.com?

iR Forum
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Seeing as you're still in rookie after 27 starts, you're doing it wrong. Don't even race people until you get out of rookie class. Just finish the races without incidents. It gets better.

Yeah, when you get a faster better car in the higher classes, you'll get taken out at a higher speed in a t1 crash by Americans who post on forums a lot, ending in loltastic rolling and carnage(and raging from people who have lost SR, or if your me raging - threatening to do certain doubtful things...but thats a different story)

But yeah really, iRacing is actually fun 90% of the time when you arent racing rookies in mx5
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :the thing is, as soon as you get past the rookie classes, say goodbye to pretty much all of your spare money for the first couple of seasons, especially if you are doing oval racing as well

Edit for truth.

When people make statements like this they tend to forget that you only have to buy the content once. Yes they release new content through the year but nothing like the initial purchase required if you want to run a full 12 week season(s).
And as much as it hurts to think about, buy in bulk.
Quote from PMD9409 :And as much as it hurts to think about, buy in bulk.

And buy smart, get the most used tracks first to allow you to run a limited schedule with one car and the do the advanced rookie series on weeks where you don't have the track. Buy Watkins Glen, other frequently used tracks, and some of the cars are used in multiple series as well.
Quote from Postman Pat :Tend to agree. It's a cliche that anyone can get close to top RL racers' times, but it's that little extra that's so hard and separates the talented ones from the rest. A lot of that is about being able to feel subtle changes in the car that even the drivers themselves can't consciously describe. ... Sims can be useful training, but aren't going to give you the stuff where real talent comes to bare.

I used to agree, but now I don't think it's as clear cut.

IMO sims have gotten realistic enough that you're really activating the same thought process, same reflexes, and the same level of precision timing that you would in a real car. The details are different, but the requirements to be good are the same.

Notice how fast drivers are fast drivers no matter what SIM it is? No matter what track? No matter what car it is? Real life is just another sandbox, a new car, new setup. Yes you will be faced with changeable conditions... so you'll learn to cope with changes faster.

At the end of the day, it's one steering wheel, two or three pedals. You can learn to synchronize the use of them to be fast in a good SIM, on different tracks, different setups, different cars... you can do it in real life.
Nim Cross is a fat **** who badly needs a diet and a personality transplant. Total ****ing scumbag. Don't think this is cowardice, I have told him this and I hope he sees this too.
Quote from DeKo :Nim Cross is a fat **** who badly needs a diet and a personality transplant. Total ****ing scumbag. Don't think this is cowardice, I have told him this and I hope he sees this too.

If it makes you feel any better, he has one leg too.

But I do agree, he does have his favorites and his opinion of "racing incidents" are just baffling.
I'm about to give iRacing a whirl ... 3 months for $12 sounds agreeable to me.

It says if someone referred me, they get $10 credit. First PM that gives me an e-mail address (that's what I have to put in the box) can have it

No use in wasting free money they are trying to give out, might as well use it for someone

EDIT: PMD has claimed it.
Quote from PMD9409 :If it makes you feel any better, he has one leg too.

But I do agree, he does have his favorites and his opinion of "racing incidents" are just baffling.

Quickly came to the same conclusion after my 2nd protest, apparently it's a racing incident to be taken out in the trucks under caution.
It's also apparently a racing incident, even when you forward Nim the PM from the guy that took you out, admitting he took you out deliberately because he thought you were someone that had wrecked his earlier race. (mistaken identity)

Sorry, but when the guy that took you out admits as much, and Nim still calls it a racing incident, then you know the system is complete bullshit.

The racing there, whilst not bad generally in the series i ran in, could be so much better if Nim wasn't such a pussy. The bloke needs his eyes testing, and needs to grow some balls when it comes to taking action.
Nim needs to watch some ACTUAL race footage because my cat could do a better job of race incidents than him by simply meowing in distain at any wrong doing. If I acted on the meows I'm sure we'd have more success on average than Nim.
Who is this Nim fellow you guys are talking about?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG