The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Nim just doesn't want to run people off if they cause trouble. We all know they are more prone to run and not the people that are getting caught up in the wrecks.

Oh and iRacing is still not making any money (I don't know if that meant a negative delta month after month, or simply not out of the negative they originally started in).

NSX: Nim is the "Chief Steward" who watches all the protests. It has to literally be driving wrong way and destroying half the field for him to do anything. Yet if you say "Alt+F4" in game he will take your chat/voice abilities away from 3 months. You think it isn't bad until you want to say sorry for someone and he just keeps on talking while you have no way of responding and just look like a douchebag.
Quote from DeKo :Nim Cross is a fat **** who badly needs a diet and a personality transplant. Total ****ing scumbag. Don't think this is cowardice, I have told him this and I hope he sees this too.

grow up...
If I had to define my first day of iRacing... it would be lift-off oversteer and controller calibration issues.

Not my high point so far, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.
What car you in, and what controller you using?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :If I had to define my first day of iRacing... it would be lift-off oversteer and controller calibration issues.

Not my high point so far, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.

Once you get everything set up the way you like it, things will be better.

To much randomness about the car control and lack of feel to me has iRacing at the moment.

I actually hate to admit it but race 07 feels more like the real thing! Netkar, although I haven't given it a go of late, is also well on the path.

I only started real racing recently and hence have only tried to drive a car on the limit recently and am rather inexperienced, but I am no mug and no exactly how it feels.

I am a lover of iRacing and probably a fanboy but to tell the truth I'm not so sure about it right now
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I'm about to give iRacing a whirl ... 3 months for $12 sounds agreeable to me.

or you could have had a month for free @ Indycar.com
Quote from jrd.racer :What car you in, and what controller you using?

Specifically the SRF was the worst... I tried to jump into that because it's a class I've loved watching since birth... didn't go so hot. The others weren't as bad.

As for controller, it's a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel. Nothing spectacular but it works I guess. Had some issues at first, it was coming un-calibrated in the middle of sessions. But then it stopped and I had no more issues soooo... I dunno.

Quote from anttt69 :or you could have had a month for free @ Indycar.com

Oh well. It's only $12, I'm not gonna get too upset about it.
I would like just one race where I am not crashed out, multiple times even. These races in the Mazdas at Lime Rock are more like a demolition derby than a race sometimes Really, really frustrating.
Don't complain that kids throw toys at playschool
Just try to get out of Rookie as fast as possible. Worry about surviving not about racing. I know it sucks to hear but Rookie (and sometimes Class D) is iSurviving and not iRacing.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Specifically the SRF was the worst... I tried to jump into that because it's a class I've loved watching since birth... didn't go so hot. The others weren't as bad.

As for controller, it's a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel. Nothing spectacular but it works I guess. Had some issues at first, it was coming un-calibrated in the middle of sessions. But then it stopped and I had no more issues soooo... I dunno.

Oh well. It's only $12, I'm not gonna get too upset about it.

Quote from PMD9409 :Just try to get out of Rookie as fast as possible. Worry about surviving not about racing. I know it sucks to here but Rookie (and sometimes Class D) is iSurviving and not iRacing.

This.
Plus the SRF isnt the most pleasant car in iRacing. I dont like it either.
But yeah get out of rookie and it should get better. The skippy can be good fun.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I would like just one race where I am not crashed out, multiple times even. These races in the Mazdas at Lime Rock are more like a demolition derby than a race sometimes Really, really frustrating.

What I did was a lot of offline practice so I can do reasonably good lap time at limerock. Then do a good qualify lap to make sure I start out front. As long as you start out front, and can do reasonably good lap times then you can avoid the derby at the back of the grid. If you are starting at the middle of the pack or at the back, I just let everyone get past me at the start, seeing most of them will crash out at T1 anyway lol
haha I mean, all of that's basically what I've been trying to do... but sometimes there's just no hope of escaping. It's like they go out of their way to cause you incidents
It's amazing the extent to which people drive above their abilities and of those around them. I sometimes join in ghost/spectator mode and see cars who're 1-2 seconds a lap slower than me driving on the bumper of the car in front where I wouldn't even when I'm a ghost (trying to drive as I would). They don't notice anything that's happening e.g. the car in front is getting loose or the one in front of that is actually crashing. Ego and stupidity. They can't drive, a lot of them, but don't know it and are trying to get any advantage by being super aggressive - out braking, diving etc., and always assuming everyone around them is perfect. And if you are looking at what's in front, you're likely to be rear ended by one of them behind you.

The Nim system is obviously a joke; one person regulating everything. If you spectated a day of races and protested every example of verbal abuse - just the first few laps would do! - Nim would still be processing that in a week's time. I always think of that when the fanboys say 'did you protest it? - well if not it's all you're fault then' - when someone complains about the driving.
Worst thing is people think they can react to when someone is braking directly infront of them, rather than using their regular braking point. So they don't see driving directly behind someone as a disadvantage.
Quote from Postman Pat :The Nim system is obviously a joke; one person regulating everything. If you spectated a day of races and protested every example of verbal abuse - just the first few laps would do! - Nim would still be processing that in a week's time. I always think of that when the fanboys say 'did you protest it? - well if not it's all you're fault then' - when someone complains about the driving.

I always tell people to protest poor driving and verbal abuse, exactly for the reason that Nim can't handle it all. It's time they revise their protest system, and overloading Nim is a pretty good way of doing it. At the very least it will make them look at the system and how it scales with the growing member base.

And anyway, if someone really (I mean properly) verbally abuses you in a race and you don't protest it; well you're pretty damn dumb.

I've only written out two protests in my iRacing time anyway, so on the whole I can't complain about the racing.
Quote :Good day,

The new league page and corresponding functionality not going to be quite ready for release in next week's quarterly software update. We anticipate however that we will not wait an entire additional build cycle to release it as it is pretty close. Instead we hope to release in a few weeks.

Sorry it will not make it for next week.

Tony

Wonder what else is coming. Surely it hasn't just been this.
Quote from PMD9409 :Wonder what else is coming. Surely it hasn't just been this.

Of course not there will at least be another fudge to the ntm making all oval sets useless again and depending on what side the coin falls the skippy will be barely drivable/nearly drivable.
I've never filed a protest, yet I get banned from the forums for a month for a post which said exactly "Michael Main said pretty much exactly the same thing at the time". As soon as I get my forum access back I'm going to spend an hour or 2 on the forums, any attempt at a troll or a flame from any of the inbred American ****ers is getting protested. Nim's box will have about 1000 e-mails in it, with a cc to appeals@iracing and every other e-mail address he uses.

Seeing as I can't access the forums, can some Celts do me a favour and let me know whats happening week 13. Also, what was the website thats sole purpose was to let people know what was in the pipeline at iracing?

Hopefully the Indycar feels like the HPD, really it should. HPD drives great just now, I hope they don't ruin that, which probably will happen. The Proto/GT series will be dead next season anyway so I don't hold much hope for the only single reason I keep subscribing. As I said, hurry up Scavier, iRacing is a cesspool. The service is good, in theory. When the physics are as bad as they are and the updates can randomly ruin a car, and the service is full of ****s, I really wonder why I keep subscribing.
Quote from DeKo :I've never filed a protest, yet I get banned from the forums for a month for a post which said exactly "Michael Main said pretty much exactly the same thing at the time". As soon as I get my forum access back I'm going to spend an hour or 2 on the forums, any attempt at a troll or a flame from any of the inbred American ****ers is getting protested. Nim's box will have about 1000 e-mails in it, with a cc to appeals@iracing and every other e-mail address he uses.

Seeing as I can't access the forums, can some Celts do me a favour and let me know whats happening week 13. Also, what was the website thats sole purpose was to let people know what was in the pipeline at iracing?

Hopefully the Indycar feels like the HPD, really it should. HPD drives great just now, I hope they don't ruin that, which probably will happen. The Proto/GT series will be dead next season anyway so I don't hold much hope for the only single reason I keep subscribing. As I said, hurry up Scavier, iRacing is a cesspool. The service is good, in theory. When the physics are as bad as they are and the updates can randomly ruin a car, and the service is full of ****s, I really wonder why I keep subscribing.

You obviously don't know about Nim and Michael's long friendship.

www.iracerstuff.com
Quote from PMD9409 :You obviously don't know about Nim and Michael's long friendship.

www.iracerstuff.com

Go on PMD, you got me interested. If they're such good friends I would like to share some information with Nim.

Cheers for the link.
They've known each other for a long time, and there's been many times there was favoritism shown his (Main's) way. I'm not really in the mood to write a whole novel on it.
iRacing forum regulars are all bellends anyway. Fapping at shit tyre models and the delta wing.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG