The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DeKo :Ha, you can see me sneaking up the inside before he gets a chance to come back across the track. Still unbelievable.

If only the Indy and K&N are getting the NTM, surely there must be something pretty good coming?

Was it you that made a fair move on Kelvin Van Der Linde and he just turned in on you and then complained, saying you divebombed him?
Yeah that was me, it wasn't a completely fair move though, I went in a little deep and slightly locked a wheel. Stiill, was a bit of an extreme reaction from him for a racing accident, he could have given me a little room, but was my fault.
Quote from DeKo :If only the Indy and K&N are getting the NTM, surely there must be something pretty good coming?

It would have to be something they haven't mentioned. Leagues, teams, spotters, and driver swaps are not coming. The caddy and motegi is coming out. Also the NTM is getting an upgrade. Also a supposed sound upgrade and a spotter pack update. I honestly don't know of anything else.

Oh and if the Indycar is bad, which there is a good possibility it will be, then there will be many threads on the forum about it. They are not afraid to be vocal about things, no matter how stupid it is.
Quote :April 17,2012 - Half a Billion . . . and Counting
William Vankleeck may not have won his NASCAR iRacing.com Class C Series race Monday night, but he was the big winner at Kentucky Speedway. When the Indiana sim racer’s Chevy Silverado crossed the Start/Finish Line on Lap 17, he completed the 500 millionth lap run in competition since the first virtual green flag waved on iRacing.com.

Not only was that lap significant for iRacing, it was an important one for William who will receive $500 in iRacing credits for his efforts as part of the iRacing 500 Million Lap contest. And he’ll have plenty of company on that front. Stan Rogers (MidSouth) and Paul A Nelson (Australia/New Zealand) will receive $500 iRacing credits of their own as the result of turning the most laps in oval and road racing competition since the contest was announced in September. Rogers ran some 54,179 laps in oval competition, while Nelson logged 28,079 laps on the digital road courses of iRacing during the past eight months.

And another $500 in iRacing credits goes to the driver with the most race wins in official competition since September. Surprise, surprise, that’s Chris Hughson, who racked-up a total of 754 victories since September.

Nor are they the only winners. Every one of the 3,143 iRacers who competed in an official race yesterday will receive $5 in iRacing credits . . . for those who are counting, that’s $15,715 worth if iRacing credits.

Congratulations to Williams, Stan, Paul, Chris and the other 3139 winners in the 500 million lap contest!

Wonder how long it will take to reach the billion mark?

DeKo, it says this:

Quote :We've expanded our rendering pipeline to be able to assign shaders to our track surface geometry instead of being limited to objects and cars.

This lets us finally use normal mapping and spec mapping on the tracks, and makes it possible for us to continue to add further shaders such as detail and parallax maps in the future. Our efforts to upgrade the iRacing graphics engine became a focus in late 2010 when we changed our methods to properly calibrate our textures. Track shaders are yet another, but very important step in our long term project of a DX11 renderer upgrade.

This new feature will debut on one new track and one old track... Twin Ring and New Smyrna. Other tracks from our library will be updated as time permits.

For now, here is a screenshot preview of how things are now on the membersite build at New Smyrna and then how they will be next week after the update. We also hope to release a video tomorrow or Monday:

And I thought they were doing a decent job before... but it makes the before pic look just sad in comparison.
Look like I'l have to put my $5 towards Motegi, has anyone driven any of the road courses in any other sims? Are they any good?

Also, post the screenshots .

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :
And I thought they were doing a decent job before... but it makes the before pic look just sad in comparison.

Post a the pics?
I just posted them
Cheers, but you only posted links to the pictures on the forums, anyone that isn't logged into iRacing can't see them, which kinda defeats the point of re-posting them.
Yeah, those images are huge anyways, I'll just hyperlink:

Before

After
Here you go

Link1

Link2

Edit: beaten to the punch
Wow that does look good, wonder how hard a hit it is to the FPS though. It almost makes the track and the surfaces look 'dirty', I always think sims are too sterile (LFS is the worst for this), but this makes it look just that little but grimy.
Looks really nice. I hope its not too bad on FPS though.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, those images are huge anyways, I'll just hyperlink:

Before

After

c.a.r.s anyone? This seems to be a reaction to the new breed of better looking sims.
looking forward to the core sim improvements whatever they turn out to be?
The grass I think is what's impressing me most. I'm running 120fps just now, I think I have a few spare for this, the more I look at it the better it looks. It really reminds me more of RF2, which looks great once it's up and running.
I wish they would release Oran Park already. I mean it was being released what Two years ago? Now they just pick new tracks or more ovals. They clearly dont care about Aussies.
Quote from AstroBoy :I wish they would release Oran Park already. I mean it was being released what Two years ago? Now they just pick new tracks or more ovals. They clearly dont care about Aussies.

You could say the same about any other country on the planet that isn't the US. They've ignored Italy, Spain, France, Germany (nordy), South America completely (Brazil technically not their fault), Every Asian country apart from Japan. The fact that Philip Island and the V8 Supercar are already there shows that they care, and the fact that they scanned Oran before it got ripped up shows they care. From what I've seen of Oran it's a good track, but it's gone, so it can't really be a priority over popular tracks which are still open.
Quote from DeKo :Yeah that was me, it wasn't a completely fair move though, I went in a little deep and slightly locked a wheel. Stiill, was a bit of an extreme reaction from him for a racing accident, he could have given me a little room, but was my fault.

Well, the type of incident meant that it was your 'fault' but he complained you divebombed by the way he turned in, he knew you were there. Obviously he's just the kind of person to make an incident out of nothing, just to go off the rails. I've seen him do it before.
Thinking of getting back into iRacing. Just wondering if you guys know any deals going on at the moment for returning customers?
There's one for $15 that gets you Spa & HPD car. But you will have to start a new account. If you already have content & you've been away for 3mmonths they usually send you a promo to get you back.
Quote from anttt69 :There's one for $15 that gets you Spa & HPD car. But you will have to start a new account. If you already have content & you've been away for 3mmonths they usually send you a promo to get you back.

My subscription ran out August last year. Had no promo to get me back to iRacing I don't want a new account.

EDIT: Well I did have a promo but that was in Jan and didn't take notice of it then. I guess I won't be getting another.
Week 13 is shortly, they may have some offers about then.
Quote from Bean0 :Week 13 is shortly, they may have some offers about then.

Cheers Bean0, will possibly wait till then.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG