The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Yeah that was good race, that one guy kept getting ahead & then binning it, he was full on through the corners but still managed to recover the lost time demoting me back to 3rd.

I started to fade a bit in the latter stages coming very close to an off, made me back off a bit. The last two laps you were right on me, that chequered flag could not come soon enough.

@ Mille, Smith was not successful on the last lap he got his just deserts in T1. Ya Jetta racing allows for some rubbing only giving 1x for light contact.
Just managed a 3rd in the Mazda at Road Atlanta. Man, that track is a laugh with those cars but pretty intense! How the heck are the top people doing consistent 1.17's!!!!
Quote from StableX :Just managed a 3rd in the Mazda at Road Atlanta. Man, that track is a laugh with those cars but pretty intense! How the heck are the top people doing consistent 1.17's!!!!

I don`t dare to run that combo with a Pro license...
Quote from richard dk :I don`t dare to run that combo with a Pro license...

I thought the Mazda league would be less stress than in the skippy, due to the higher license needed to drive it.
Quote from richard dk :I don`t dare to run that combo with a Pro license...

For some reason I can usually keep it on the gray stuff at this combo.

Also, just getting on the brakes a little earlier (everywhere, but especially coming into the chicane at the top of the T1 hill) helped me find 1:17s. That and keep it at 120mph through T1. Wings 14f/13r for me.
Quote from StableX :I thought the Mazda league would be less stress than in the skippy, due to the higher license needed to drive it.

I think it`s because I can handle the Skip Barber but not the Mazda... And a Mazda on R. Atlanta... I have had fun in the Mazda at Road America but that track is also easier in that car...at least for me...
hmm since i've hit a brick wall (and numerous tyre walls and a tree) trying to get the lotus dialed in consistently at VIR i may pay the mazda a visit, havent run it for a few months
Quote from tinvek :hmm since i've hit a brick wall (and numerous tyre walls and a tree) trying to get the lotus dialed in consistently at VIR i may pay the mazda a visit, havent run it for a few months

not sure if it will help but it is a good starting point for ViR and stable!
Attached files
AK_Lotus_ViR_Qual.zip - 1.7 KB - 181 views
Quote from StableX :not sure if it will help but it is a good starting point for ViR and stable!

thanks i'll give it a go later
Are you guys aware of any promotion so that I can try iRacing right now?
downloaded the jetta
Could somebody say some insight on the Jetta . How's the open diff acting? How's the abs?
Open diff seems good, I haven't found any oddities with that... As for the ABS, it's very basic but it does the job...

Overall, I find the Jetta the most fun to drive but I don't dare enter races with it, too close the times, too low the licence (not that higher ones are idiotproof either)...
Quote from anttt69 :Does anyone else think Jefferson is a bit mickey mouse? Pile up central, they should at least run smaller grids there.

Did you know...

that Summit Point Jefferson was designed to be run in both directions?

Yes, it is a really tight and short course. And yes, it is almost exclusively a driving school track. Although, there is a hill climb club that uses it for a TT course.

The really fun thing about the track is that during a half hour run session, you can easily do 30 or so laps. hehehe. I remember lapping a Ferrari 348 with my Taurus.
Quote from R34GTR :downloaded the jetta

good choice dom hows your Laguna practice going? 42's here.
Only put a couple of laps in and only got a 45, lol. I've not been on for a couple of days though, might see if I can get some time in tonight.

Practice makes perfect I guess, when I first started in the Solstice I couldn't even pull of a 1.53 at Laguna, now my best is a 1.48.5 or thereaboouts
yep jetta is fun and it teaches you good habits with lines to as it's all about not loosing speed through the corners, i enjoyed the fun races in it but i won't enter any championship races as i prefer single seaters and i'd feel really bad if i screwed up someone's chance of the prize
Quote :iRacers with High Safety Ratings Get In-Season Upgrades

No one likes to wait, and beginning next month with the start of 2009 Season 4 iRacers who achieve a safety rating of 4.0 and fulfill minimum participation requirements will no longer have to wait for the end of a 12-week season to be promoted to the next higher license level – they’ll be automatically promoted immediately and eligible for all the benefits of their new license.

“It seems fair that drivers who demonstrate a really superior ability to race safely should be able to advance their licenses at a faster rate,” said Dave Kaemmer, iRacing’s CEO. “We’ll maintain our standard end-of-season promotion schedule for racers who have at least a 3.0 safety rating, but less than 4.0. This new FastTrack option provides additional incentive for clean driving.”

Kaemmer noted that new automated program also provides for a swifter penalty for drivers who exhibited really bad driving habits, including in iRacing’s Pro series.

“The incentives for good driving are both positive and negative,” Kaemmer noted. “Drivers whose safety ratings drop below 1.0 at any point during a season, including participants in the Pro Series, will be demoted immediately to the next lower license level. This is a pretty serious penalty for a Pro license holder; there won’t be any FastTrack promotions to Pro status, so they’ll also have to wait until the next year before they can be eligible again.”

Holders of C and B licenses are eligible for mid-season promotion and demotion under the FastTrack program. D license holders may be promoted but are not subject to demotion, while A and Pro license holders are subject only to the demotion part of the program. Rookie promotions are unaffected by the FastTrack program; those promotions will continue to take place every four weeks.

Complete details of the FastTrack license promotion program will be added to the Sporting Code prior to the program’s implementation at the start of 2009 Season 4.

Interestinggggg
I don't know how I feel about the Fast Track thing, I guess I'll have to see how it pans out. It makes sense to promote people faster as there are plenty of good racers just sitting around for months waiting to be promoted up to the higher cars. I just don't want to see people getting promoted up to the higher levels by racing down to boost their SR, and then they're not actually ready to race the faster stuff. Of course that happens now anyway(I do it in road), just seems like it could happen more with this. It could boost the numbers of guys racing in A/B though, which is definitely a good thing.

One thing I do hate is the part about Pro guys losing their license, that just seems pretty harsh considering how much SR you can loose just by having a couple of unlucky races. I could see not allowing them to race in pro races if they are under 1.0, but once they get their SR back up I think they should be let back in.
I was waiting around for a while waiting for my promotion so I could run the Radical. Then I actually tried it at a few tracks and found it has some really bizarre physics issues. Even the Mazda's instability, particularly on curbs, is ridiculous.

The Skippy is far and away the best car in that game, IMO. Give me a Skippy with a little more power and an LSD and I'd be completely happy.
Quote from Forbin :I was waiting around for a while waiting for my promotion so I could run the Radical. Then I actually tried it at a few tracks and found it has some really bizarre physics issues. Even the Mazda's instability, particularly on curbs, is ridiculous.

The Skippy is far and away the best car in that game, IMO. Give me a Skippy with a little more power and an LSD and I'd be completely happy.

hahaha you should try the lotus...although it comes with some downforce and a lot more power
Quote from Forbin :I was waiting around for a while waiting for my promotion so I could run the Radical. Then I actually tried it at a few tracks and found it has some really bizarre physics issues. Even the Mazda's instability, particularly on curbs, is ridiculous.

The two main reasons the Radical and Mostly the Mazda feel off are Open Diffs and Unrealistic setups.

The Mazda sets generally run under 1" ride height. coupled with an open differential they are a nightmare on the curbs.

I actually really like the radical though. With a Real differential it would be awesome.
The announcement of the new fast track licence thingy is really kicking up a **** storm. Personally i feel its a bit harsh on the pro drivers especially when they pick up random 4x points just from racing close. iRacing need to fix the contact system before raising the bar.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG