The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from TV[cz] :Really? It actually appealed to me back then as it felt quite nice and was fun to drive. Oh wait, how it relates to iRacing?

Sorry, I was talking about the "next generation automobile simulators"
Just entered my first race, started from the back @ Laguna. Ended up winning as the leader was taken out by someone leaving the pits (I was catching him anyway ) No incident points even.

It was refreshing seeing people actually ease into T1.. and T2, 3, 4, etc... First lap took forever, but it was clean at least. If that race was any indication of how things are going to be in iRacing, I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit.

As an aside, my new rig got here today and I couldn't be happier. Q9450, 4gb RAM @ 800mhz, 8800gt. Solid 100fps the whole race with graphics basically maxed, even some shadows thrown in there. Only downside is my flat panel isn't here yet so instead of 27" I'm on a 14" CRT from the bottom of a closet....

Hope to see you guys on the track.
yeah, just keep a kool head and watch out for the noobs I am waiting for the next laguna seca race right now in the rookie legends. the default gears of the solstice don't really fit the track...
Second start, second win! However, the field wasn't much to speak of... I'm quite sure I've got a pummeling coming from some of you pretty soon.

Yeah, I'm just trying to take it easy, no incidents yet...
Haven't spent much time in the legends but they seem twitchy and fun.

Edit: I did notice that in that last race my FFB would grab to one side occasionally, like I went through a rut, but in spots I've never noticed bumps in the track before. Hmmm...
argh leguna is a dangerous place to race.
Hiya guys, just a reminder that my list of LFS'ers is being constantly updated. Please take a look and let me know if you are not on there. I am hoping in the future we can setup our own clubs and would like to start a LFS club. Maybe there will be rfactor clubs etc for us to compete against. This would be aswell as West Europe etc, I think it would add some spice to the sim

Link here : http://www.sonicrealmsracing.c ... um/index.php?topic=1266.0
Quote from jasonmatthews :Hiya guys, just a reminder that my list of LFS'ers is being constantly updated. Please take a look and let me know if you are not on there. I am hoping in the future we can setup our own clubs and would like to start a LFS club. Maybe there will be rfactor clubs etc for us to compete against. This would be aswell as West Europe etc, I think it would add some spice to the sim

reply in thread jason but to save you looking its

kevin newnes

though as mentioned i still dont seem to have any spare time to race or even do a time trial
Sounds like a great idea. That could get very competative! Well competative for second place anyway...
Like your thinking Nick
Just to remind you, Legends Weekly Road Racing Cup is back in town, just 2h 15min to go for first race. I won't join the first race as it's going to be 3:15am but hope to see some of you on the track later. It's going to be on VIR Full which happens to be same track as Skip Barber serie is running this week, so it should be very familiar for some of you.
I've signed up for 6 months. David Williams.
I think ssm is responding to this post.

Quote from J.B. :... Which sim does it feel closest to in terms of physics? Judging by the videos I'd say Driver's Republic?

Quote from ssm :Oh yeah, I saw the demo videos of "Driver's Republic" and it was one of the lamest games I have ever seen.

It would be foolish to judge a sim purely by a video of it.

The physics behind the sim were superb and the way it was constructed so that differnt physics parts could be plugged together was very clever. Perhaps it was too ambitious for a one man show and that's why we never saw further development.

Last news was that Eero Piitulainen, the guy behind RBR and Drivers Republic now works for Blimey doing the physics for their Ferrari sim. My hope is that DR get reincarnated with Blimey's support ... perhaps this is what the secretive Project Falcon is all about?

Anyway ... I've yet to try iRacing but I do hope it has force feedback like in DR's.
the FFB is seriously the most amazing thing I've ever felt through my wheel

I didn't know it could be that accurate/have that much detail

The transition back into the solstice from the radical and skippy was a bit difficult though...you lose a lot of road feel because of the power steering.

edit -

wewt \oo/ just ran a 103.00 around LRP in adv solstice, .2 off the record best qualifying of the season so far. You know if you're getting it just right because you don't have to turn the wheel mid corner

you know when you're getting it wrong when you have some serious opposite lock goin on

I should get fraps and show off :3
From the member site

Quote :General Launch Date Announced!

After pledging to launch the iRacing.com service to the general public before the end of the summer, we're pleased to be able to add a specific date and time to our promise. As of 12:00 pm EST (18:00 GMT) August 26, 2008, iRacing.com will be available to racers everywhere who want to take advantage of simulation technology for training purposes, compete in the newest branch of motorsport - internet racing - and join our growing global community.

Because our public Web site (www.iRacing.com) is the only way to subscribe to our service, we've added a countdown clock to the home page to highlight the moment when our storefront will open its doors.

In addition to the countdown timer, we've added a Testimonial page to the public site, on which you'll find comments about iRacing from a variety of professional racers and other prominent figures in motorsport. We'll be adding to this collection of quotes frequently. And there are some other improvements to the members' and public sites that will follow along shortly.

This is an exciting time for all of us at iRacing.com. While development will, of course, continue unabated, August 26 will mark the culmination of years of hard work and the realization of our collective vision for this sport. We're thrilled to share this moment with all of you, our former alpha and beta testers and our pre-launch members, who have helped us reach this momentous occasion. This is only the beginning ...

Reminder! Please remember the August 29th Annual Subscription Bonus Program. All members with one-year subscriptions in place as of midnight GMT on that date will receive an additional $15 iRacing credit (on top of the $60 iRacing credit that you normally receive with the purchase of an annual subscription). For full information on this Bonus Program, please see the related post in the iRacing.com Announcements section of the member forums.

will be a mad time after that. I;'d make sure if you are in there already you get your SR rating up to avoid mayhem for the month after that

contemplates buying the year and the skippy....... but I like the Solstice loads
Quote from jasonmatthews :Hiya guys, just a reminder that my list of LFS'ers is being constantly updated. Please take a look and let me know if you are not on there. I am hoping in the future we can setup our own clubs and would like to start a LFS club. Maybe there will be rfactor clubs etc for us to compete against. This would be aswell as West Europe etc, I think it would add some spice to the sim

I'm not there "Armin Penner"
Added. List has been hugely updated. If your not on there let me know.
That's a bigass list!
Quote from Jertje :That's a bigass list!

Yeah lol last time I checked it there was like 15-20 people. Now I'm too lazy to add allll those people lol.
Quote from tweaK_05 :i'm not really liking the whole "sign up and wait 20min to race" system... hopefully there will be a CTRA-like system in the future, i really enjoy the ability to log on whenever and have people to race... besides that, the game has a great feel to it, the cars are a lot more unforgiving then LFS. I'm gonna be playing it for the next month until my CTRA ban is removed. 30 days for removing idiots that don't know how to click ready from the starting grid is a bit excessive

Me think that iRacing is MUCH like CTRA. Maby they have looked them over their shoulders
Thanks for the list Matt. I'll be adding a bunch of those names. I don't seem to be getting in races with many LFSers.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Added. List has been hugely updated. If your not on there let me know.

My surname is wrong mate..its Jensen, not Jenson (Button)...

Thx for the list..
add me as well.

Ho Ka Wong
iRacing can go kiss my shiny metal ass
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG